2017 Demo rides/events | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Demo rides/events

There haven't been corporate kawasaki demo days for a while now

St onge i believe uses their own bikes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Awesome....i dont recall being even asked for a CC...if i ever buy a kawi it'll be there

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

The reason isnt neccesarily because they are popular, if you look around you will see the vast majority of dealers do demos on weekdays, when people are busy or working, vos on the other hand, apparently makes their own schedule and is hosting on a weekend, which is why its so busy

Dealers don't get to choose their dates, the manufacturers just give them out. Trust me, dealers would much prefer to have a weekend

Does anybody know if an out of province licence is an issue? My brother will be in the area for one of the Honda test rides and would like to go, he has a Full M Newfoundland equivalent
Thanks
Greg

Ready Power sports told me to call on April 27th Afternoon to get our names next to the book .. This is for the May 4th Suzuki Demo Event

It looks like Yamaha doesn't have an R1 for demo this year =(. Maybe one of the dealers will have one of their own bikes out, but I'm doubtful.

It looks like Yamaha doesn't have an R1 for demo this year =(. Maybe one of the dealers will have one of their own bikes out, but I'm doubtful.

yep, no R1...they have the FZ-10 though

yep, no R1...they have the FZ-10 though

Yeah, I tried the FZ-10. The throttle was weird, it was extremely loose. I mentioned it to the Yamaha guys but they didn't do anything. :confused2:

Yeah, I tried the FZ-10. The throttle was weird, it was extremely loose. I mentioned it to the Yamaha guys but they didn't do anything. :confused2:

they're glorified baby sitters for the bikes, not mechanics.

Did you go to oakville to test ride?

How was the route?

Honda Demo ride tour making two stops in Hamilton next week. Thursday at Dewildt Honda Powerhouse, and Saturday at Sturgess Cycle. Can't find Honda's list of demo bikes though. Hoping for shadow phantom but doubtful, not much cruiser love on any of these tours it seems. Anybody got Hondas demo list?

Honda Demo ride tour making two stops in Hamilton next week. Thursday at Dewildt Honda Powerhouse, and Saturday at Sturgess Cycle. Can't find Honda's list of demo bikes though. Hoping for shadow phantom but doubtful, not much cruiser love on any of these tours it seems. Anybody got Hondas demo list?
Best to just call the dealership or check on the site

Me personally im looking at the Africa twin....

Anybody got Hondas demo list?

GL1800 GOLDWING,
GL1800 F6B,
VT1300 FURY,
VT750 PHANTOM,
CMX300 REBEL 300,
CMX500REBEL,
NC750XAH (ABS),
NC750DH(DCT),
CBR500RAH (ABS),
CB500FAH (NAKED),
CB500XAH (ADV),
CBR300RAH (ABS),
CB300FAH (NAKED),
CRF1000LAH,
CRF1000LARH,
CRF1000LDH (DCT),
CRF250LH,
CRF250RLH (RALLY).*

This is true. Seems like a poor choice to be showing off your product in a state like that though. Oh well, not my problem =/.

Yessir, I went to Oakville for it.

How was the route?

It was....okay, I guess. The route was just normal Oakville roads, no highway or country still. The lead rider opened it up okay so you could get up to speed decently, but you were always at the mercy of the other riders to not religiously follow the speed limits (every R3 rider).

The route was:

Right out of the dealer (onto Third Line)
Right at Speers Road
Right at Dorval Drive
Right at Lakeshore Road
Right at Third Line
Right back into the dealer

It was probably more towards the bottom end of the routes I've been on, but I think they're sort of at the mercy of being right inside of a dense area.

Ah yes i was there also, was cold for demo day but fun, and yes the beginner bikes (R3) are always ridden by the overly cautious(but i suppose they are ridden by newbies)

GL1800 GOLDWING,
GL1800 F6B,
VT1300 FURY,
VT750 PHANTOM,
CMX300 REBEL 300,
CMX500REBEL,
NC750XAH (ABS),
NC750DH(DCT),
CBR500RAH (ABS),
CB500FAH (NAKED),
CB500XAH (ADV),
CBR300RAH (ABS),
CB300FAH (NAKED),
CRF1000LAH,
CRF1000LARH,
CRF1000LDH (DCT),
CRF250LH,
CRF250RLH (RALLY).*

Sweet Jesus, Phantom AND Fury? I'm all over this demo. I'm already considering picking up a '17 phantom before the financing promo ends, this could push me over the edge. Then ofcourse if it feels at all sluggish, it might push me toward the fury, even tough I hate that its only available in red.

FYI - I just got off the phone with VOS Motors.. apparently their demos planned Saturday 6-May are cancelled due to weather.. :(

The Shadow 750's aren't known for their power. Reliability, ease of use, yes. But power? No. The 1300 in the Fury on the other hand has plenty of power. If you don't like red they were black last year and I'm sure someone still has one on their floor.

I'm hoping to attend the Honda ride at Clarington end of June. I'm really bummed they won't have the new CB1100, but I've always wanted to try a Goldwing and after seeing how much fun Wobbly is having on his CB500x I'm more than a little curious to try one for myself.

Yes, we did. We held up the next ride so we could adjust it... even though the bike belongs to Yamaha Canada. Thank you for mentioning it to me, I'm glad we could make the ride better for everyone.

Think so? Guess you could have come said hello to me, since I was sitting outside for most of the day doing my best to keep the rides organized. And our other technician was the rider leading the rides..

This is true. Seems like a poor choice to be showing off your product in a state like that though. Oh well, not my problem =/.

Yessir, I went to Oakville for it.

It was....okay, I guess. The route was just normal Oakville roads, no highway or country still. The lead rider opened it up okay so you could get up to speed decently, but you were always at the mercy of the other riders to not religiously follow the speed limits (every R3 rider).

The route was:

Right out of the dealer (onto Third Line)
Right at Speers Road
Right at Dorval Drive
Right at Lakeshore Road
Right at Third Line
Right back into the dealer

It was probably more towards the bottom end of the routes I've been on, but I think they're sort of at the mercy of being right inside of a dense area.

Ah yes i was there also, was cold for demo day but fun, and yes the beginner bikes (R3) are always ridden by the overly cautious(but i suppose they are ridden by newbies)

I'm glad everyone had fun. I would love to do longer rides with more variation of speeds and roads, but our geography does hamper that a bit. If we did longer rides, less people would get to ride and people are upset. If we do shorter rides, people are upset because they are not long enough. It's not perfect, but given how many people wanted to try the bikes, I was happy to get as many through as we did. Also, those are some expensive neighborhoods we go though, and there is always a radar trap during our demo ride. We try our best to prevent tickets, so far so good.

Hopefully you guys got to try out the bikes you were interested in, and had a good time.

Yes, we did. We held up the next ride so we could adjust it... even though the bike belongs to Yamaha Canada. Thank you for mentioning it to me, I'm glad we could make the ride better for everyone.

I'm glad everyone had fun. I would love to do longer rides with more variation of speeds and roads, but our geography does hamper that a bit. If we did longer rides, less people would get to ride and people are upset. If we do shorter rides, people are upset because they are not long enough. It's not perfect, but given how many people wanted to try the bikes, I was happy to get as many through as we did. Also, those are some expensive neighborhoods we go though, and there is always a radar trap during our demo ride. We try our best to prevent tickets, so far so good.

Hopefully you guys got to try out the bikes you were interested in, and had a good time.

Okay, good to hear. I didn't see them do anything (nature called), and talked to someone else who noticed something similar later in the day and took their word for it.

I can understand that there is no winning for demo ride lengths, you're just slicing the pie as best you can.

I enjoyed the day, personally. The whole thing was run smoothly and people were friendly. Looking into an XSR900/FZ09 now.

Back
Top Bottom