2017 Demo rides/events | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Demo rides/events

Any demo rides I've attended, only asked for my Licence. No insurance info given. So, I'm gonna say it's either the dealer or manufacturer that covers you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP Bikes takes your CC number and I think if you break it you buy it. All other demos I've done they don't ask for CC or ins. info.

GP Bikes takes your CC number and I think if you break it you buy it. All other demos I've done they don't ask for CC or ins. info.

lol
wow

Truth.
Almost made me reconsider taking out one of the bikes on their Triumph demo day last year.
Said that you were liable for all damage up to, and including full value...

Truth.
Almost made me reconsider taking out one of the bikes on their Triumph demo day last year.
Said that you were liable for all damage up to, and including full value...

.lol

Good thing i dont have a 15000 CC

Wonder if they try a pre-authorization on the credit card?

If so, for how much?

If they only take the card number and even if you sign something to agree to pay the damages, you can always dispute the charge and it will be reversed.

It's more of a deterrent than anything else.

I've got a small limit credit card for internet purchases that I'd give.

A lot of demo rides are fairly organized.

Demo a specific bike outside a demo day, I'm sure it's a different thing altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called GP earlier to ask about their triumph days, didnt hear anything about a CC, but

Id be willing to give them my CC info if it meant riding one of those thruxtons :blob4:

My CC has a $30k limit.
...fortunately I did not have to use it that day.
I'm hoping they have the Bobber this year at the demo day.

My CC has a $30k limit.
...fortunately I did not have to use it that day.
I'm hoping they have the Bobber this year at the demo day.
What does a cc with a $30k limit look like?
Post pics
Front and back ?

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

The manufacturer or dealer (depending on who's providing the bike) carries insurance on the bikes. On demo rides, the person riding the bike is generally responsible for the deductible should an insurance claim be necessary (this is why GP Bikes and others take CC info). The deductibles are typically insanely high (i.e. $2000+) in order to keep overall insurance premiums down, plus the manufacturer/dealer is trying to offload as much of the insurance expense as possible onto the rider. Ride at your own risk.

Last edited:
The manufacturer or dealer (depending on who's providing the bike) carries insurance on the bikes. On demo rides, the person riding the bike is generally responsible for the deductible should an insurance claim be necessary (this is why GP Bikes and others take CC info). The deductibles are typically insanely high (i.e. $2000+) in order to keep overall insurance premiums down, plus the manufacturer/dealer is trying to offload as much of the insurance expense as possible onto the rider. Ride at your own risk.

Nope, so far iv only seen GP ask for CC, and i show up to all the demo rides

I can only speak for Honda, they cover their own bikes. 2 people crashed their bikes last season at Bramptons demo ride, and walked away no questions asked. Needless to say I don't think Brampton Powersports is having any demo rides this year lol

wonder if anyone has experience with Aprilia or BWM demo?

if I can get a reasonable insurance, really want to have one.

wonder if anyone has experience with Aprilia or BWM demo?

if I can get a reasonable insurance, really want to have one.
Go to Corsa meccanica...talk to george and hell arrange a test ride for you on aprilia

Ive heard that bmw is axing the demo days this year along with the motorrad days at csbk

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info!

I believe BMW breaks a worldwide record sales last year. why they decide to do that:crybaby:

Thanks for the info!

I believe BMW breaks a worldwide record sales last year. why they decide to do that:crybaby:

Because

BMW = Bring More wallets?

Back
Top Bottom