2017 Demo rides/events | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 Demo rides/events

Morrissey

It's that time of year again when we all start chomping at the bit to get out riding and start wondering when the demo rides are going to be and where they will be. So, I guess it's time to start the 2017 thread! So far, as near as I can tell, only Honda has their schedule up online, so here it is:

​HONDA CANADA

https://motorcycle.honda.ca/ridingevents#

Gonna call Snow City today. Hopefully they have an idea on the line up Yami will have.
Fingers crossed on the 17' R6!

Gonna call Snow City today. Hopefully they have an idea on the line up Yami will have.
Fingers crossed on the 17' R6!

Quoted from the schedule:

** Feature Models Include - R3 ABS, R6 ABS, FZ-09 ABS, FZ-10, SCR950 and many more!

Usually they also have the FJR, Super Tenere and a few others too.

FZ10 may be interesting to test out.

I remember that Kwai and Yami didn't bring any SS's to the Snow City demo days for a few years after one summer they had 3 zx6r's, and 2 yzfR6's destroyed on the demo rides.

...I was booked on the next trip out on the Ninja that year, and I remember shaking my head as it came back in pieces in the back of a pick up truck about 15min after that group left

Im surprised to learn that Kawi doesnt do demo days?

Guess St onge it is!

Im surprised to learn that Kawi doesnt do demo days?

Guess St onge it is!

I stopped in at Snow City yesterday. Confirmed, no Kawi demo. Yamaha Ontario schedule to be on their web site at the beginning of April. (see link above)

Supposed to be your insurance.... I think
Not your insurance, the bikes out on demos are insured already either by manufac or dealer

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

If they are corporate bikes i.e brought by the manufacturer they are covered by their insurance

In some instances, dealers provide bikes to complete a line up.... Those bikes would fall under your insurance i believe

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If they are corporate bikes i.e brought by the manufacturer they are covered by their insurance

In some instances, dealers provide bikes to complete a line up.... Those bikes would fall under your insurance i believe

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nope, last year demo'd bikes when i didnt have a bike or insurance on kawi's that were dealer provided.

Just don't forget people, usually with a full M, a dealer will let you test any demo bike they have.
No need to wait for a specific date. Some dealers will even let you do it with an M2.

AHA so it has to be a designated 'demo' bike? Or can you take just any bike?

Also i'd feel kinda bad if a dealer were to let me demo, i'd feel obligated to purchase, instead of just chilling out and trying different bikes. Much self imposed sales pressure

Once again there appears to be some serious misinformation being posted.
Let's put it this way, ensure you call first and:

1. ask them whose insurance covers any and all damages
2. level of license required (M1,M2,M) for the bikes you want to ride and years of experience required(you can lie about the years but they ask)
3. make sure if they say their insurance covers it that you have it in writing and also read the fine print on any documents you sign

have fun!

If my friend rides my bike, and crashes it, and has no insurance, his insurance wont be liable

If my friend rides my bike, and crashes it, and has no insurance, his insurance wont be liable

Your privately owned bike is different than a dealership or manufacturer owned vehicle. Just like cars the vehicle is covered under their policy.

Yep, covered under their policy, not the test rider

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom