Used bicycle parts? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Used bicycle parts?

empty

Looking for "newer" brake lever hoods for my daily rider. Rubber on mine is hardened and cracking off. MUST have top cable routing.

I realize my daily rider is older than what some people are collecting as vintage bikes. But the general population won't take a second look at it, especially the bike thieves. It's all Campy except for the brake levers and I just use a cheap combination cable lock. Bike is always there when I come back.

Are there still any salvage type bike stores around? I have to admit I was a customer at Igor's shop in the old days. Almost anything in his shop was $5 bucks.

ad23da942a1798c0ff4d481c27936413.jpg
13bf6c4ef8e2610fa60a6295303e4b4e.jpg

I have to admit I was a customer at Igor's shop in the old days. Almost anything in his shop was $5 bucks.

Cool bike. What campy line is on it? If you can't find new hood covers themselves, you can probably pick up entire bikes for not much more than the hoods would cost (and swap either the levers or hoods).

Igor was still making a killing at $5 a part.

Cool bike. What campy line is on it? If you can't find new hood covers themselves, you can probably pick up entire bikes for not much more than the hoods would cost (and swap either the levers or hoods).

Igor was still making a killing at $5 a part.

The oldest parts I could find was the Valentino Extra set. Took off the front derailleur for a cleaner look. The front crank and brakes are a little newer. Also had to switch to 700 wheels when decent 27 tires became rare.

If I can find a cheap large chain ring, I would cut all the teeth off and use it as a chain ring guard beside the small ring I'm running now. Of course pile of Shimano rings I have don't fit.

e33c7744d479a444cd73747b2c8019dd.jpg

ab4aacacff1e6d56f371bd3eea54fb84.jpg

I need top cable hoods too. Let me know if you find them. I taped mine hockey tape.

Carbon fiber is a fad...

Back
Top Bottom