Found my old bike for sale! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Found my old bike for sale!

Morrissey

I just found my old Virago for sale! Well, actually it JUST sold, but still, that's pretty cool! I bought this '96 Virago 1100 brand new in '98 at Ab's Motorcycles in Oshawa. I was just 16yrs old. I rode it until 2010, when I gave it to my Wife and bought my '01 Bandit. She rode it until 2012 when she had a small accident on it and broke her shoulder. She became pregnant that same year and decided to quit riding. There was almost no damage to the bike (the Wife took the brunt of it). That same year my Dad was looking to get back into riding after almost a decade away from it. He bought it, swapped out the original seat for the Mustang seat, installed the passing lamps too. He had the bike until 2015 when he traded it on a 2012 Yamaha Roadstar at Ben's Motorcycles. Ben's put it in their auction and I figured I'd never see it again! Then today, I'm killing time looking at bikes for sale, and there it is at Cycle World in Toronto! When I last saw it it had a HUGE National Cycles windscreen on it (my Dad's doing), Yamaha engine guards and saddle bags with a big scuff on them (from my Wife's crash).

Glad to see the old girl has found her way into some new hands and will be rolling down the street again! I have so many great memories of that bike. It was my second bike, but I only had my first bike less than a year. I did everything and went everywhere on this bike. It served me really well with almost no repairs needed.

http://www.cycleworldsuperstore.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?veh=4634936

Kinda cool. I've never come across any of my old bikes. Except for the one that the buyer is now a friend.

Last edited:
I've spotted my original bike a few times. It is a 2000 Shadow ACE. The original owner, Minidisco from this board, sold it to me with approx 32K on the ODO in 2003 in 2003 I believe. I rode it until 2007 and I sold it to my brother with 99,XXX KM on the ODD. He rode it for 1 year and then sold it. Not sure what the ODO read. 2 years ago while with Minidisco we both spotted it on the street. I would love to see what the ODO reads now. It's nice to know it's still on the road.

Cool story. I have never came across any of my old bikes either. I wonder why........hmmm ???

My first bike was an 83, and when I sold it the shift fork was dorked so there was no second gear. I sold it on a whim (and for a song) to someone who I suspected probably parted it out. Have never seen it since. Saw one just like it on the MGSO FB page but don't think it was mine - had Wolf 4 into 1 pipes on mine, the one on FB for sale has the stock pipes.

I sold my FZ1 a few years ago, one day i was browsing kijiji and decided to type in FZ1(no idea why) as a search. My old bike was listed for sale, the guy i sold it to was self employed at had no time to ride it. I bought it back from him for close to the same money i sold it to him. I guess i had a case of sellers remorse. I did vow after reselling it again that i wouldn't be buying it a 3rd time.

i came across my old bike on new years day, someone on a facebook group posted first ride of the year with a couple pics, chatted back and forth a bit and confirmed it was mine...small chip on engine fin, and all the mods i did, apparently the guy i sold it to only kept it a couple months and sold it at a big loss... guess he needed the $ quick because its still worth more than what i sold it for.

I saw my fave bike listed at a dealership. I sold in a weird time so wished to buy it back but they were asking too much and wouldn't budge. A couple years later I saw it listed again on Kijiji, only the owner was listing as stolen from his garage looking for info. It was such a sweet ride. 2000 VFR Blue. I guess someone in Quebec is now enjoying it.

I found my first bike for sale on kijiji in November just one town away. Bought my 1977 CJ360T Honda in 1986. Sold in 1988. Seller was only asking 10 times what I paid for it.

I found my first bike for sale on kijiji in November just one town away. Bought my 1977 CJ360T Honda in 1986. Sold in 1988. Seller was only asking 10 times what I paid for it.

Other than dirt bikes, my first street bike as well. Very rare. Bought mine used from Cycle World Etobicoke in 1978, a month before I was 16 ...

I've seen an old car I sold. 6 months later, probably because the poor army guy couldn't afford the payments on it... He took out a loan for the full cost of the car. :( And he put nasty stickers all over the poor thing.

I saw my SMC pop up on kijiji a few times. It had less KM every time. Great maintenance. Maybe that's why the asking price was also 1000-2000K more than what I sold it for.

Found my old gixxer on Kijiji this past weekend. Brings back some memories lol.
13b8c2488a82f68240ece1e6213fe33a.jpg
37a503393d0b1e83775e45a955a0aa2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom