Ducati 899 Panigale @ Bahrain Formula 1 Track | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati 899 Panigale @ Bahrain Formula 1 Track

Bologna998

Hey guys

I took the last weekend off to fly to Bahrain for a track day at the Formula 1 circuit. It was a short event with just one day on track, so the pace was rather slow, but it was a lot of fun with some very nice people and an awesome atmosphere riding under floodlights at such a famous circuit. :)

Here is some GoPro footage I recorded from my tank:

[video=youtube;9WxdPPofZn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WxdPPofZn0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hey guys

I took the last weekend off to fly to Bahrain for a track day at the Formula 1 circuit. It was a short event with just one day on track, so the pace was rather slow, but it was a lot of fun with some very nice people and an awesome atmosphere riding under floodlights at such a famous circuit. :)

Here is some GoPro footage I recorded from my tank:

[video=youtube;9WxdPPofZn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WxdPPofZn0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

That's awesome. How did you sign up for this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! :)

@imstav: It was a Ducati Riding Experience (DRE) event. They announced it at the beginning of the year - I think via facebook, but also the Ducati homepage. I just had to write an email, and then you go through process. All quite easygoing.

Looks like you had a blast! Awesome opportunity for people who wanna try international circuits outside of Canada. The night experience musta been fun - less heat (probably more humidity) and still all the grip!

I love the flashing green lights

Edit: Just saw your other vids on your youtube channel. How do you like that track compared to Losail? I just moved to Qatar in October and was thinking about getting a bike over here... seems Losail is more bike friendly and flowing, whereas Bahrain has a lot of stop and go slow corners that seem tiring.

Last edited:
It's like your saying: Losail is more bike-friendly whereas Bahrain caters much more to cars. The interesting thing is that Bahrain is much easier to learn. With Losail you can easily lose track of where you are. Everything looks the same there except for the main straight. And I'm not sure that Bahrain is more tiring. The straights give you a moment to relax - at Losail you're more or less constantly moving around on the bike. Losail also has much faster corners which can be challenging depending on what you like.

That is pretty cool,riding under the lights like that.

Good vid,thanks for posting

Wow man - you must be loaded or the owner of some co. to go and do this 4 1 day...must be nice...
Most of us jo-blos can just
watch & drool. Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Well, I have no family to feed or wife to please! :D Other people save their money for a week at the beach, I save it for a day or two at the track. I think in comparison with a family holiday or so it doesn't actually cost that much.

I always did like faster sweepers... mind you, that was when i owned a Fireblade.. haha ... 40,000 Qar for a 675 is enticing.. hmm...

It's like your saying: Losail is more bike-friendly whereas Bahrain caters much more to cars. The interesting thing is that Bahrain is much easier to learn. With Losail you can easily lose track of where you are. Everything looks the same there except for the main straight. And I'm not sure that Bahrain is more tiring. The straights give you a moment to relax - at Losail you're more or less constantly moving around on the bike. Losail also has much faster corners which can be challenging depending on what you like.

If you like fast corners, you should definitely try Losail. There is a triple right in the second half of the track that is a really great - not to forget the very long left-hander you can do full throttle that comes right before. I'm not sure about the 675, though. Especially on the main straight that bike will probably lack power. At Bahrain the straights are shorter but I thought the 899 could have used more punch there.

Back
Top Bottom