ZOMG WHO DID THEIR FIRST RIDE OF not-winter 2017?!!!1!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

ZOMG WHO DID THEIR FIRST RIDE OF not-winter 2017?!!!1!!

sadrik

Site Supporter
LOL.

Ok, if it's officially time to put the winter riding thread to bed (at 45 pages long, it had a good run), lets move on with a funny thread title at least. ;)

That said, first official ride for me of 2017 was January 21'st. Been out a few times since then as the participants in the winter thread would know.

Really looking forward to that first nice warm day. Last year it had arrived already, long before now.

Just a heads up. Hoping to tie Raisin Fruit Danish, Motorcycle Ride and Orange Pekoe Tea into Capital Experience on the morrow. Calling for +10c.

LOL.

Ok, if it's officially time to put the winter riding thread to bed (at 45 pages long, it had a good run), lets move on with a funny thread title at least. ;)

That said, first official ride for me of 2017 was January 21'st. Been out a few times since then as the participants in the winter thread would know.

Really looking forward to that first nice warm day. Last year it had arrived already, long before now.
January 21st was not not-winter, so irrelevant in this thread. I was riding my CB500X.

January 21st was not not-winter, so irrelevant in this thread. I was riding my CB500X.

Double negatives aways blow my mind. It's been awhile, will need to sharpen my pencil.

I'll be out tomorrow. Don't know where yet but I'm off work so I'm going riding.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I saw a guy out on a cbr125, with a f'n tshirt on? How the F??

Went out for the 2nd time this year yesterday... Headlight burned out at 8PM =/
Blinded everyone with highbeams the rest of the way home.

Still some snow banks stubbornly hanging on the edges of driveways and in shadier parts of lawns up here in Peterborough. There is also still a lot of salt stains on the road and salt built up in the corners, I will not be rushing to get out. I'm going to be patient and wait until we've had a couple of good rains to wash the roads and a nice, sunny, warm day before I bother digging the bike out of the garage.

Got the bike out today. Been a few times for me this year. Just going slow and bundled up as it isn't all that bad.

Still waiting for a good rain to wash away the left over salt and some of the sand still kicking around. Very tempted to take the bike to work this morning though.

Still some snow banks stubbornly hanging on the edges of driveways and in shadier parts of lawns up here in Peterborough. There is also still a lot of salt stains on the road and salt built up in the corners, I will not be rushing to get out. I'm going to be patient and wait until we've had a couple of good rains to wash the roads and a nice, sunny, warm day before I bother digging the bike out of the garage.

serious question
on the roads up there...are there icy patches in the shaded parts of the road? Say it is +3.

serious question
on the roads up there...are there icy patches in the shaded parts of the road? Say it is +3.

There can be, especially on the back roads down in a valley. There can also be frost overnight that sort of half melts but leaves the road cold and slick even though you can't really see it. Peterborough likes to use sand on the roads in winter and we haven't had much rain yet, so there is still a lot of it on the road, even in the middle of the road, not just the corners.

My Dad just traded his bike for a new one at a local shop. I now have to dig his bike out of my garage (he only has a car port so I store it for the winter) and pop the battery in it and run it up to the shop some time this week. Hoping it stays nice!

Hoping it stays nice!

You haven't looked at the forecast I'm guessing, have you? ;)

Hint: Don't plan on tomorrow. Thursday might be your only window of opportunity, as next week is looking positively craptastic at this point as well.

Put over a 100 miles on my klr in February. Didn't manage to get the sled on the trails even once.

Going out this sometime this week for a cruise for sure.

And if the asphalt is hot...I hope the dvp is repaved and empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been out 7 or 8 times this year already! First ride of '17 was the 12th of February this year. Last year it was Feb 2nd :). Looking to ride to work on Monday, but going out today and tomorrow as well! Really need to get myself a new rear tire though, it's on the wear bars again. Rode about 22k km from Feb 2nd last year until today, not a bad first season! Hope the second season is just as fun :)

Back
Top Bottom