Visor leak | GTAMotorcycle.com

Visor leak

Ghostrider619

I have very sensitive eyes, it gets watery like crazy whenever I ride even with my visor down. I think air leaks from the edges of the visor and hits my eyes. Makes riding unsafe & not so fun. Any DIY to solve this issue ? Or may be any good helmets with air tight visors ?

Look at the sides of the helmet where the visor attaches. There are usually adjustment screws there depending on your make of helmet to adjust the visor to make it seal properly with the gasket around the eye port.

Put a ziplock bag over your head before you put your helmet on. Guarantee no air getting in.

I have very sensitive eyes, it gets watery like crazy whenever I ride even with my visor down. I think air leaks from the edges of the visor and hits my eyes. Makes riding unsafe & not so fun. Any DIY to solve this issue ? Or may be any good helmets with air tight visors ?
I have the same problem. For me, it's the air coming up from the bottom opening. I wear athletic/cycling wraparound sunglasses in my helmet and that cuts the breeze enough for me. If you get a decent pair they usually have changeable lenses, so you can carry a clear set if you get caught out after dark.

if you need to adjust the plates on sides of the helmet, be careful of the plastic screws (fasteners) snapping off.
Also a chin curtain will help address the problem with air coming up under the helmet.

Chin curtains from different brands might be compatible to your specific helmet. (check revzilla.com in the reviews and Q&A)
later

I get watery eyes too. I just put up with it but it sucks, especially on the track. Maybe try a pair of riding sunglasses that have the foam cushion around the lens in conjunction with a chin curtain.

you could go helmet shopping,

or less $$ go to a decent safety supply and look for glasses that have the foam backing

like these:

attachment.php

If you can get your hands on something like Bondic (UV activated liquid plastic) to put around where you expect the seams are, that might be a solution. You might be able to get away with using felt tape, although it will be uglier!

Or just sell the helmet and buy one that works for you.

Typically, helmets have a vent on the front side that redirects upwards towards the visor to prevent the visor from fogging up too much... Try closing that vent to see if it helps?

Aside from that, some helmets have a chin curtain that blocks air from flowing upwards from your chin..

Back
Top Bottom