New kid on the block | GTAMotorcycle.com

New kid on the block

preyas1207

Hi all! Names Guillermo, I found this site after I decided I'm pretty interested in riding and would like to get into it. I'm turning 15 this year, got permission from my parents so I'm all set once I'm legal age for a license. I know I should mainly be focusing on what I need to know etc. which I'm sure you guys can help me with, but I think I'd like to start on a Ninja 300 or R3 as my first bike. (Unless a better recommendation comes out lol) For the time being I've just got my bicycle :rolleyes:. This forum seems like a great community so I can't wait to dive into it as a grow.

:p wouldn't have to worry about dropping that! Thanks for the recommendation, especially since It'll be for commutes etc.

Welcome. Book a motorcycle safety training course for as close to the date after which you're eligible to write the M1. It is money well spent especially for a completely new rider/driver . If you can't afford the course, you arguably can't afford motorcycling. Do it.

Then, before buying *anything*, get insurance quotes from a variety of companies. At 16 with zero G or M licence history, and a male, you are in the pretty much the absolute highest possible risk category, so make sure you don't buy something you can't afford to insure afterwards.

Hi all! Names Guillermo, I found this site after I decided I'm pretty interested in riding and would like to get into it. I'm turning 15 this year, got permission from my parents so I'm all set once I'm legal age for a license. I know I should mainly be focusing on what I need to know etc. which I'm sure you guys can help me with, but I think I'd like to start on a Ninja 300 or R3 as my first bike. (Unless a better recommendation comes out lol) For the time being I've just got my bicycle :rolleyes:. This forum seems like a great community so I can't wait to dive into it as a grow.

That's debatable lol.

Dual sports are cool. Can't go wrong with them. Even a 300cc sport bike for a 16yo would be rough on insurance. Though I would hate to ever ride one, I knew two guys back in highschool that bought CBR125's because it was the only thing they could reasonably insure. Just something to consider.

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from the Purple Zone

Back
Top Bottom