Need a motorcycle safety inspection | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a motorcycle safety inspection

e31.jpg

lmao

Moral cowboy? I participated in a ride for sight fundraiser through this board while that whole scam was being revealed, I figured at the time,who am I to judge.It was thanksgiving weekend at the Hershey centre.Didn't see you their btw

btw-I don't use Facebook, I prefer moto's over drama

Usually thanksgiving weekend I am racing at SOAR, but thanks for noting I wasn't there.

BTW you can actually still participate to the ride for sight fundraiser by not attending but actually donating online.

I understand the butt hurt you are still feeling from the timmay fiasco, it was actually the second such fundraiser held by shopsys. The first one was actually legit, and someone that needed the help actually received it. Some of my friends also got deceived by the last one. Did the mods of the board handle the situation well, the answer is no. As for what this has to do with rosey toes I have no idea.

Usually thanksgiving weekend I am racing at SOAR, but thanks for noting I wasn't there.

BTW you can actually still participate to the ride for sight fundraiser by not attending but actually donating online.

I understand the butt hurt you are still feeling from the timmay fiasco, it was actually the second such fundraiser held by shopsys. The first one was actually legit, and someone that needed the help actually received it. Some of my friends also got deceived by the last one. Did the mods of the board handle the situation well, the answer is no. As for what this has to do with rosey toes I have no idea.

I've deleted my comments and sent you a pm

Last edited:
Maybe someone on here will do a mobile safety?

https://www.fiix.io/

Been meaning to try out the service.

Mobile safety is illegal and anyone doing one is risking their shop license. So it will be more expensive than a legitimate one. Just take the bike to Canadian tire.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It is my understanding that licensed automotive technicians who are qualified to safety cars can also safety motorcycles. The problem is if work needs to be done after that, they cannot work on the bike or get the parts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

The motorcycle safety inspection is mandatory and it is illegal to fabricate one. The safety certificate is there so you do not ride a bike that could possibly kill you, or someone else on the road. This certificate is the lowest level of inspection and does not in any way mean the bike is actually safe, but only that it passes a specific criteria laid out by Ontario law. Do not ask people on this forum how to do something that is clearly illegal. They will/have already/are thinking of make fun of your ill intent.

For safety certificates in Scarborough there is 109 Cycle (Warden/Danforth), Snow City Cycle (Kennedy south of Ellesmere), and Cycle World (Sheppard east of McCowan). They will all ask you to take your bike to them. There is also Canadian Tire (McCowan/Sheppard) but phone and ask if they still do them for motorcycles. I have travelled to Rosey Toes (west end Wilson/Weston Rd) and like him because I found him fair, thorough and entertaining.

Before you buy your bike you should phone and ask about insurance. Insurance, depending on if you are young, can cost more than your bike for a single year. There is also gear you need to buy. Price everything out. If you are low on cash then don't buy a bike because riding is initially expensive. Did I mention insurance?

Do not ride illegally, which means you need to have a valid safety certificate, register your bike with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, ride with valid motorcycle insurance. Research the costs of all these. Then research the cost of a crash when riding illegally. Legal is much less expensive, hands down.

Hey @scubasteve, curious; do you know why mobile safetys are illegal? Is there something different that they can check in the shop that they can't check at your house ?

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Hey @scubasteve, curious; do you know why mobile safetys are illegal? Is there something different that they can check in the shop that they can't check at your house ?

Sorry Joe, but are you asking our government to apply some logic?

<start of rant!>

YTF would someone post the name of an excellent mechanic, who has serviced the needs of many people on this site who choose not to be nailed by dealership shop rates? Grab a brain (mbroyda) and remove his name!

<end of rant!>

OP: You can also grab a temp sticker from the MTO if you haven't previously registered the bike in your name, or didn't transfer as unplated.

Last edited:
The motorcycle safety inspection is mandatory and it is illegal to fabricate one. The safety certificate is there so you do not ride a bike that could possibly kill you, or someone else on the road. This certificate is the lowest level of inspection and does not in any way mean the bike is actually safe, but only that it passes a specific criteria laid out by Ontario law. Do not ask people on this forum how to do something that is clearly illegal. They will/have already/are thinking of make fun of your ill intent.

For safety certificates in Scarborough there is 109 Cycle (Warden/Danforth), Snow City Cycle (Kennedy south of Ellesmere), and Cycle World (Sheppard east of McCowan). They will all ask you to take your bike to them. There is also Canadian Tire (McCowan/Sheppard) but phone and ask if they still do them for motorcycles. I have travelled to Rosey Toes (west end Wilson/Weston Rd) and like him because I found him fair, thorough and entertaining.

Before you buy your bike you should phone and ask about insurance. Insurance, depending on if you are young, can cost more than your bike for a single year. There is also gear you need to buy. Price everything out. If you are low on cash then don't buy a bike because riding is initially expensive. Did I mention insurance?

Do not ride illegally, which means you need to have a valid safety certificate, register your bike with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, ride with valid motorcycle insurance. Research the costs of all these. Then research the cost of a crash when riding illegally. Legal is much less expensive, hands down.

4th year riding
Pay 86$ a month for insurance
This isn't my first rodeo

If you can ride it, many car mechanics can do a safety check on motorcycles for around $60

Call around and ask

Having said that, most of them aren't very thorough

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Part of a proper motorcycle safety inspection includes a controlled stop from (IIRC) 30KPH, a speed which cannot be achieved by pushing the bike with someone on it....so in other words, whoever does the safety is supposed to actually ride it around and test the brakes that way.

Of course, that's assuming they follow the guidelines fully, but that's also why many automotive shops will not do MC safeties if they don't have a qualified rider on staff. And would you really want an unqualified rider on your bike?

Again, YMMV based on how strict the shop is, but they do risk their licence to do safeties if they get caught not doing them by the book. Personally, when I was trying to get my wife's new bike safetied in short order last summer almost every non MC shop I called refused. Surprisingly the Canadian Tire in Bowmanville said yes as one of their mechanics had a full M and could therefore fulfil all the requirements...but in the end they screwed up and booked me in for a day he wasn't even actually there, but that's another story.

A little while back there was a checklist posted with items that are checked during a safety inspection

Anyone have that link saved.. Can't seem to find it

Also if the bike doesn't pass safety...do you have to pay for another inspection once the defective items are corrected

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom