Need a motorcycle safety inspection | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a motorcycle safety inspection

Not sure on the link. But generally if the bike doesn't leave the shop between inspection and repair you won't have to pay for a new inspection. If you take it home they wont know if anything broke between them and will need a new one.

Mission cycle in Angus will give you 10 days to complete any required repairs without charging for a second inspection.
I'd imagine other places will do the same.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Hi OP, I'm a certified motorcycle technician as of right now. Your motorcycle passed all safety regulations and guidelines. Take this to the MTO and show them this post. I'll even sign it in italics. Thanks me later. Safe riding.

signed; TikeBike

Anything from $40 to $140 has been my experience. It's really a $40 job that some shops like to soak you for $140 to pad their pockets.

Many fall somewhere in between.

Canadian Tire. If all you want is to be passed then there's a good chance they will pass you because they know f*** all about bikes. I've been to 3 or 4 different locations for safety and they were all incompetent.
The one at Allen and Lawrence literally just turned my lights on, honked the horn and checked the turn signals.
The one at Port Union had a drunk guy safety my bike and then he took it for test ride! When he tried to put it in gear it stalled and he said there was a problem with the bike. Reality? The kickstand was still down.
The one on Dufferin south of Finch is just expensive and will want the reflectors on the bike but they passed it.

Took some time
But found a shop that could certify a motorcycle (most shops were closed Easter Saturday)
Very thorough and still only charged $60

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Took some time
But found a shop that could certify a motorcycle (most shops were closed Easter Saturday)
Very thorough and still only charged $60

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Wait a minute! I don't think we've seen pics of said bike. Is it new to you? Does it have knobbies?

Wait a minute! I don't think we've seen pics of said bike. Is it new to you? Does it have knobbies?

Good point. Iirc he was mentioning dirt at the bike show...
Well @abkdt41 ??

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Good point. Iirc he was mentioning dirt at the bike show...
Well @abkdt41 ??

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
He and I have been sharing Kijiji ads for the past little while, all involving dual sports. As always, I'm eager to see the results!

Canadian Tire. If all you want is to be passed then there's a good chance they will pass you because they know f*** all about bikes. I've been to 3 or 4 different locations for safety and they were all incompetent.
The one at Allen and Lawrence literally just turned my lights on, honked the horn and checked the turn signals.
The one at Port Union had a drunk guy safety my bike and then he took it for test ride! When he tried to put it in gear it stalled and he said there was a problem with the bike. Reality? The kickstand was still down.
The one on Dufferin south of Finch is just expensive and will want the reflectors on the bike but they passed it.

LOL! Same in Burlington. They usually have 1 mechanic that is licensed to work on bikes and does a quick safety in 10 minutes, plus a quick ride on the bike. Not sure how much of a "safety" test they perform, but if you want your bike on the street take it to CT.

Pretty low on funds as i am a student. Is there someone out in Toronto (Scarborough) that can safety my bike at home. Or is there anybody that can just pass my bike as in I bring the paperwork in to their shop and pay$$. PM IF ANYONE RINGS A BELL IN YOUR HEAD.

Dude as soon as you come to me with the opening line "Im a student and Im pretty low on funds" I will close my door in your face, I block people on Kijijiji or Craigslist that come to me with those opening words.

Just got my bike certified at Motorcycle Enhancements in Oakville last week. It was a flat rate of $99.95

Although they said it would take three weeks to fit me in, I decided to leave it with them(I was not in a rush). A little more than a week later, it was ready to go and she is now on the road. It has only been one weekend but I have manages to log 400kms.

Just got my bike certified at Motorcycle Enhancements in Oakville last week. It was a flat rate of $99.95

Although they said it would take three weeks to fit me in, I decided to leave it with them(I was not in a rush). A little more than a week later, it was ready to go and she is now on the road. It has only been one weekend but I have manages to log 400kms.

LOL and you agreed to wait for 3 weeks for a safety when there's a hundred places out there that would do it the same day? (where's the facepalm emoticon when you need one?)

LOL and you agreed to wait for 3 weeks for a safety when there's a hundred places out there that would do it the same day? (where's the facepalm emoticon when you need one?)

It would seem reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Besides, what's it to you? Should I consult you next time I need service?

Back
Top Bottom