How many with OFTR membership? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How many with OFTR membership?

DemonPig

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Site Supporter
Wanted to see how many of you have or are planning to get an OFTR membership.

I did close to zero off-pavement riding last season and the KLR is upset. I'm debating acquiring a smaller bike but even if I don't, the old beast can still handle many trails.

Will try to post a couple of longer rides for this season like our (succesful) Nipissing journey 2 years ago. Was thinking to visit Kawartha area. I know that there are quite a few OFTR zones heading that way.

Last edited:
Scorra and OFTR member here. I'd definitely be down for more rides like Nippising, that was a great day.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I had an OFTR / SCORRA membership last year. Have not renewed yet. Considering only buying a Ganny pass but have never been. Any thoughts / comments on one vs. the other?

I had an OFTR / SCORRA membership last year. Have not renewed yet. Considering only buying a Ganny pass but have never been. Any thoughts / comments on one vs. the other?

Ganny is worth twice what they charge! Great trail system.

It depends who you ride with. I like both, because I ride with people who don't have both. Terrain wise, they are similar, but not greatly different. With SCORRA you get access to SCORRA only events ... look them up. They are good people (they fight for all of us off-road riders making sure we are not left out during some legislative BS) and do a great job, including maintaining trails and keep expanding it.

Ganny, event though is a great large place, makes me wish to go some place else after going several times, just to change it up. I have to drive to either places, roughly the same distance, maybe you don't ... something to consider. Also, don't forget you can buy daily pass at Ganny .... break even point is I think 5-6 time a year (not calendar!).

Scorra & OFTR member here as well. Both Simcoe County Trail system AND Ganny are highly recommended.
The cost of the pass supplements maintenance cost to the trails and support the club. money not wasted.

I was talking to the oftr guys at the show

I might be mistaken but I thought buying one gets you access to both ...i.e if i buy scorra i can go to ganny As well

Btw what are the yearly costs for each?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I renewed my OFTR+SCORRA membership at the January bike show.

OFTR/SCORRA are totally different memberships with separate fees from Ganny.

I am a member of all of the above.

OFTR, SCORRA and Ganny member. Ganny is my favourite.

My rides will cater more to big bikes so there will be no swamps, rock climbing or jumping. But everyone's welcome.
I have a big trip to Arkansas on my road bike in May so I may not have time for anything significant until June but I'll try to post a smaller one as soon as the trails dry out a bit.
I'm not interested in organized events, more into casual riding.
Open to ideas for destinations and routes. Many of you have much more experience than me and know which locations are accessible on a pig like the KLR650.

Demonpig, come out to the Bethany ride April 23. It's a blast and full of riders of all levels of skill and bike types / sizes...

OFTR gets you access to all their trails around Ontario.

Ganaraska is just one (albeit huge) area.

SCORRA is a member club that belongs to OFTR. So with SCORRA membership you get OFTR membership.

I think it goes more like ... you cannot become SCORRA member without OFTR membership ($96 bucks for OFTR+SCORRA is 50/50 deal, sort of). OFTR alone gives you access to some trails. These would be I guess trails under no-club's jurisdiction ...

You do not need OFTR for Ganny.

Back
Top Bottom