Anyone recommend a vet in the West end? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone recommend a vet in the West end?

Is she eating ok otherwise?
Drinking/pissing a lot?
I love Dr. Sohi at Lakeridge Animal Hospital on Vodden/Dixie area. Been going to him for 15+ years. My biggest dog was 85-90 lbs at his heaviest. He has tons of experience and no problem with larger breeds. He has performed numerous surgeries for my dogs...when you have 4 of them you obviously need a vet you can trust to:
1) Not over-spend your cash- he is great at balancing the 'need' for treatments and comprehensive tests vs the 'let's do this simple thing and we'll wait and see'. Especially when his treatment will be the same, regardless of test results.
2) Be GREAT at his job. He really appreciates when you take the time to read up on stuff and has no problem going into details and discussing/explaining stuff. He actually really likes it when you are pro-active and learn about the issues. He stays up to date on the latest treatments and has performed some major surgeries on my dogs- the last one being over 2 hours long to remove some large fatty tumors.
3) Have a great team around him. His staff are awesome. I had my old guy in there for a few days of IV fluids (kidney issues) and decided to stop in unannounced to see how he was doing...my dog was in the back pen area sleeping with a small blanket over him, obviously placed by someone who gives a **** about the animals.
He is a VERY kind and compassionate man, but he doesn't sugar coat anything though...i like that- some might find it too direct...he kinda terrifies my Mum. He'll say "we will try/test this, and if that doesn't work- we'll do this" and Mum will hear- "after this doesn't work, we'll do this." She'd rather have some sugar on the immediate info then deal with the outcome one step at a time, where i want as much info as possible from the start.
She goes to Peel Veterinary Clinic at the Fortino's/McDonald's mall at Airport/Bovaird.
I really like her guy too. He is a really, really kind man.

Hope your pup is doing better!

She is eating well. Drinking more water than normal yes.

Thanks for the recommendation. If she throws up again I'll head over there.

Glad to hear she is eating well...that is a great sign.
He'll likely want to do a blood test (BUN/creatinine) to check kidneys cause of the increased thirst and vomiting- and/or probably do a urine test.
Might be a good idea to try catching the first piss in the morning before she eats/drinks anything if you know you are taking her in for a checkup that day.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the vet, etc. I've dealt with a fair amount of canine health issues over the years.

Good luck man.

Both vets Knuckle recommended are good. I've been to Peel (before they split and moved) and although I haven't been to Lakeridge myself, I know lots that have and hear good things about them.
For me and mine... Most of our visits are unscheduled, emergency type that usually happen outside of normal hours.. So a 24/7 vet works best for us.

Back
Top Bottom