Are you using WIFI AC, what speeds are you getting? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are you using WIFI AC, what speeds are you getting?

I have an Asus AC66U router running Merlin (no reason, just to be cool, the OEM firmware works fine), connected to a Rogers Hitron CGN3. No clue what the throughput is using the modem wifi as I've always used the router. The tests below are with my 2013 Macbook Pro using the internal AC chip.

Did a few quick tests right now. Doing a speedtest comes back as 120mbps, if I run speedtest from my ethernet connected server it comes back as 200mbps. Rated internet speed is 250, most of the time I get it, sometimes I don't.

Transferring a large file from the server to my Macbook shows a pretty consistent 45-50MBps or 400mbps. Not sure if AC is the bottleneck there or the USB3 hard drive attached to my server.

I have the same package and I'm getting 320 consistently over a wired connection.

I've got the Archer C7 which is the AC1750. It had the best reviews at the time.
Not sure how it compares to the C2600 feature wise now, but it should be around $100.
I ended up getting it at Best Buy, as they were less expensive than Canada Computers at the time.

I've got the Archer C7 which is the AC1750. It had the best reviews at the time.
Not sure how it compares to the C2600 feature wise now, but it should be around $100.
I ended up getting it at Best Buy, as they were less expensive than Canada Computers at the time.

And your speeds are?

He's getting 200 on a 250mb connection, I'm getting 320... or do you think it should be faster than 320? I thought anything over the advertised speed was good.

ahhh clarification by me required

1. what is your wifi speeds between your laptop and your router (both laptop and router should be ac)
2. what is your speed test wired e.g. speedtest.net
3. see #2 but on wifi

1. what is your wifi speeds between your laptop and your router (both laptop and router should be ac) Not sure, my laptop is old and definitely not ac.
2. what is your speed test wired e.g. speedtest.net 320
3. see #2 but on wifi It varies but 60-75 is average

I'm just using the Rogers Hitron modem, no router.

1. what is your wifi speeds between your laptop and your router (both laptop and router should be ac) Not sure, my laptop is old and definitely not ac.
2. what is your speed test wired e.g. speedtest.net 320
3. see #2 but on wifi It varies but 60-75 is average

I'm just using the Rogers Hitron modem, no router.

thx for the info

#3 . you should be close to 300 if not 300 (assuming you are on an N router) between laptop and router. Rogers Hitron is crap, you will never get a fast speed.
That was part of this conversation, set Rogers router to bridged mode and connect your own wifi router.

I use a cat5 connection for most devices e.g. tv, xbox, NAS...only laptop,phones, tablets on wifi
printer is also on wifi (one of the best inventions imo).

post up the laptop you have and the wifi card in it along with the OS you are on

And your speeds are?

On a 60 Mb/s plan.

On the wired computer while running a couple of games: 76.17 down, 10.94 up http://www.speedtest.net/result/6150343310

I'll get a wireless reading off of one of the kid's laptops when they get home.

We had an issue before, but it was the outside line to the box. Speeds seem pretty good since they fixed that.

On a 60 Mb/s plan.

On the wired computer while running a couple of games: 76.17 down, 10.94 up http://www.speedtest.net/result/6150343310

I'll get a wireless reading off of one of the kid's laptops when they get home.

We had an issue before, but it was the outside line to the box. Speeds seem pretty good since they fixed that.

I just did a speed test on my laptop. Results below.
My laptop connects to my N speed router at 300mbs on the 5Ghz frequency.
I set other devices on the 2Ghz plus some devices do not do 5Ghz.
In your home it should cut down bottlenecks.

Laptop is on Win10 with a wifi N speed card.

I am on Rogers Ignite 100 plan unlimited.

PING
10 ms
DOWNLOAD
132.35 Mbps
UPLOAD
10.85 Mbps

Last edited:
I just did a speed test on my laptop. Results below.
My laptop connects to my N speed router at 300mbs on the 5Ghz frequency.
I set other devices on the 2Ghz plus some devices do not do 5Ghz.
In your home it should cut down bottlenecks.

Laptop is on Win10 with a wifi N speed card.

I am on Rogers Ignite 100 plan unlimited.

PING
10 ms
DOWNLOAD
132.35 Mbps
UPLOAD
10.85 Mbps

Curious, can you actually transfer files at 300mbps or is that what the connection shows?

Back
Top Bottom