Canadian Source Ride-On Tire Sealant & Balancer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Source Ride-On Tire Sealant & Balancer

Clique of One

Anyone know of a bricks and mortar store in the Brantford area that sells Ride-On Tire Sealant & Balancer?
http://www.ride-on.com/
If there aren’t any within 60 miles or so, what about Canadian motorcycle stores that sell it online?
I prefer not to use either eBay, or Amazon. Or purchase from south of the border.
Also, I received a reply from Royal Distributing that stated that they used to sell it, but no more.

Anyone know of a bricks and mortar store in the Brantford area that sells Ride-On Tire Sealant & Balancer?
http://www.ride-on.com/
If there aren’t any within 60 miles or so, what about Canadian motorcycle stores that sell it online?
I prefer not to use either eBay, or Amazon. Or purchase from south of the border.
Also, I received a reply from Royal Distributing that stated that they used to sell it, but no more.

Save your money - those 'miracle cures' are junk.

Fill your boots - but don't ask the question if you're afraid of an opinion.
The stuff DOES NOT balance - it can't by virtue of elementary physics.
Will it temporarily fix a flat ? Maybe, if its a nail size puncture it might slow the inevitable down.
But then so would an external plug.
Next ?

I don't mind spending money on 'Miracle Cures'!

I knew I should have added, 'No opinions - just answers'.

Had a 25 year old wheelbarrow tire that leaked like a sieve (sat outside all that time). Just as an experiment, I dumped some Slime in it and filled it with air. Used it last summer to move bricks for my driveway. Thing still has air in it. I was amazed. Ride-on is similar to Slime and Fix-a-flat but with fibres. I have never seen it for sale in Canada.

Had a 25 year old wheelbarrow tire that leaked like a sieve (sat outside all that time). Just as an experiment, I dumped some Slime in it and filled it with air. Used it last summer to move bricks for my driveway. Thing still has air in it. I was amazed. Ride-on is similar to Slime and Fix-a-flat but with fibres. I have never seen it for sale in Canada.

http://www.siriusmotosportsinc.com/...rchtype=keyword&keyword=ride-on&Search=Search

http://www.siriusmotosportsinc.com/...ROTECTION_SYSTEM_ATV_AND_OFFROAD_FORMULAS.htm

I have used slime for years.. from lawn tractors to 4x4 tires.. and it works instantly..and lasts ,, well in my case ,, forever. none have failed.
I was told that 3 car mfgr are substituting a slime pkg instead of supplying a spare tire. the kit comes with a bottle of slime, hoses, and compressor to pump in the slime and inflate the tire.
I have a vac pump.. so I measure out the slime,, put it in a camping ketchup squeeze bottle .. vac the tire,, pinch the hose, pull pump off and poke the nose of the ketchup bottle into the hose,, and it slurps it in!
Fill tire ,, spin it a couple revs.. and tire is sealed.

most obvious place I used slime is floatation tires on 3 wheelers.. we would get punctures every time out... but with slime in there.. you didn't even know.

I learned of the stuff years ago ,, from a C A A driver.. he came into our parking lot,, turned his front tire so he could puncture it... air blowing out.. he backed up so the tire turned a few revs.. then brought the car back to same point to view hole sealed.. amazing!! and he had done this soooo many times, the tread almost looked GREEN ! ...
but realistically,, for a road tire.. you will only experience a few punctures ever.

Large 4x4 tires arn't my favorite.. i usually put the slime in when the tire is leaking... and i put a lot less than the mfg recommends.. because in cold weather,, it seems the stuff puddles, and freezes,, and then your truck goes down the road ,,, thump thump thump for quite a few miles..

my honda shadow has wire spoke wheels.. a spoke liner , and tubes.. they slow leak... so when I put on new tires, new liner and new tube and both front and rear continued to slow leak... i put a small amount of slime,, about 25 percent what the bottle calls for... no more leaks!

I have a squeeze bottle of EZ SEAL that has been sitting in my garage for ages. However it appears to have separated and instructions don't mention shaking it so I assume it is useless. I don't know if Ride-on degrades as well but you might want to check.

I rely on plugs for emergencies. Some would call me an idiot but I would be a bigger idiot for sitting in the middle of nowhere when I could be riding to a safe spot to do a real fix. I normally use synthetic oil in the bike but if it meant saving my life I'd use Mazola.

For those who didn't know, Oakville Yamaha is in the process of going out of business and LPakkala works there. If he says they have some and you want it, get over there and grab it before they are gone.

FWIW I've never had much luck with tire sealants, and they can make it impossible to install a plug/patch ...

I have used Slime and Ride on extensively on Supersport bikes for several years. Those who say it doesnt work are f-in clueless.

It balances the tire and saves you if you are travelling and get a hole enough to ride to get it fixed . If the hole isnt too large you can ride all the way home with the slime oozing out as long as you keep an eye on the tire pressure and refill if it gets lower . The only issue is when the bike sits the slime doesnt work as well due to gravity. While in motion it works exceptionally well at sealing the leak.

Canadian tire sells slime

BB

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom