Beta 125RR-S | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beta 125RR-S

^^^Agreed. The biggest problem I've always had with true "dualsporting" is tires, if I run anything that gives decent road miles it sucks offroad and vice versa. I used to run trakmaster on the rear, at $60 I just changed them every 3 weeks or so.
Got tired of it and started trailering the bike places instead.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

From my recent observations on Kijiji over the past 6 months or so I've observed a few 2016 500 exc's from Ottawa, Kingston and Hamilton and it appears the owners bought the bike put little mileage on it and is now selling it trying to recoup their losses. I know in this sport / hobby of ours there's guys out there who make 30k a year and buy a 12 grand bike no problem then there's guy who make 100k + and buy the drz400. Maybe those guys bought the bike and didn't like it or realized they should of bought a 690 or something else or are in financial trouble.

Over the same 6 months I've observed several 690's as well except anything that was relatively new did not lost long at all and the older ones were still asking a pretty penny for them. The 690 costs just a little bit more new than the 500 but is worth a lot more down the road.

From my recent observations on Kijiji over the past 6 months or so I've observed a few 2016 500 exc's from Ottawa, Kingston and Hamilton and it appears the owners bought the bike put little mileage on it and is now selling it trying to recoup their losses. I know in this sport / hobby of ours there's guys out there who make 30k a year and buy a 12 grand bike no problem

hm, getting financed i guess?

If you ever want to carry a passenger I think you can put passenger pegs on the 690R (thought it came with them but I just looked up pics and don't see them, a quick search tells me they're optional?) but not on the 500 EXC.

If you ever want to carry a passenger I think you can put passenger pegs on the 690R (thought it came with them but I just looked up pics and don't see them, a quick search tells me they're optional?) but not on the 500 EXC.
Always optional lol. People don't usually buy ktm if carrying passsengers is a concern.

Always optional lol. People don't usually buy ktm if carrying passsengers is a concern.

Yeah but the 500 subframe can't handle passengers while the 690 can, correct?

Yeah but the 500 subframe can't handle passengers while the 690 can, correct?
Correct. Although my best friend had an exc 530 and got aftermarket passenger pegs for it so we could take his whiny girlfriend on the park to park trail. It sucked, he never used them again.

hm, getting financed i guess?

Normally, when I hear "financing" bike in general, I shake my head, because in our parts of the world, it means financing mostly a toy.

But when I hear someone possibly financing high end dirt bike, I simply cannot believe someone could be that stupid. But I guess, nothing would surprise me.

I just dont think someone making 30k a year would be able to pay outright cash for a 12k new bike

Correct. Although my best friend had an exc 530 and got aftermarket passenger pegs for it so we could take his whiny girlfriend on the park to park trail. It sucked, he never used them again.

Yeah I've heard of it but people are always saying you're just asking for the tail to snap off if you do that.

If the 500 didnt have annoying intervals id totally sell my kidney to get one.

Would be nice to get someones opinion who has ridden the 690 in some single track/knarlies

Is it doable? How does it compare to street legal dual sports?(the ones that DONT have service intervals in the hours?)

Say the WR..or DRZ?
I ride mine in it all the time. According to my GPS I run an average 3-4kph slower on the 690 than my 250xcw in the ganny singletrack. I hit the skid plate quite a bit more and the turning radius sucks. It's a hell of a lot more tiring as well. It'll do the job quite well if you're just out bombing around. But If you treat a singletrack ride like a race it gets old quick.

You can't really compare the bike to a DRZ or WR it's so far ahead. I had a DRZ and it's not even in the same league. Even though it's a heavy beast, the fuel is stored low in the rear so it balances the bike and makes it feel lighter than the DRZ on the trail. It'll power through damn near anything you put in front of it.

Plus it can run highway speeds all day long and get you into HTA 172 speeds on the 401 pretty quickly. If you like that sort of thing.

Not sure why I waited so long to buy one. Lol

3941e7d3b86fe4917a0429d1a9acbee8.jpg

Its an 08, when did you buy? how many Kms? and price?

There's a 2012 690 on Kijiji out of Belleville with 5k miles on it. Asking 8500. Then there's a 2016 Husky 701 with 4k miles asking 13500.

Back
Top Bottom