****ing Canadian Government | GTAMotorcycle.com

****ing Canadian Government

j2

This story is true. Nothing has been changed to protect the innocent.

I e-filed my and my wife’s 2015 tax return in March of 2016. My wife’s was processed and sent back within 2 weeks. I received my assessment in May. They had somehow overlooked the fact that I was married and withheld $3600 for the family tax credit, etc.

After spending about 2 weeks trying to explain this to someone at revenue Canada they finally admitted that there had been a mistake and that it would need to be re-accessed. Except that can’t do that over the phone. I needed to sign up for the CRA web site and fill out the proper forms.

So in September 2016 the CRA finally issue me with a token to access the web site. I fill in the form and call them in October. They claim they didn’t get the submission but to print out the forms, fill them in and send them registered mail.

I called back in November and they told me it was being processed. Same in December, then January 2017, then February 2017. I called back today was told there is a 60 week waiting list from today for reassessments. This means that it won’t be processed until June or July 2018. WTF.

So my next question was do I get interest on that?... “On No, we don’t pay interest”

One of my work colleagues and a guy I ride with are going through exactly the same thing. The Government erred on their own side and won't pay it back. The cynic in me is saying we are in such an economic hole that Trudeau is trying to cook the books

This story is true. Nothing has been changed to protect the innocent.

I e-filed my and my wife’s 2015 tax return in March of 2016. My wife’s was processed and sent back within 2 weeks. I received my assessment in May. They had somehow overlooked the fact that I was married and withheld $3600 for the family tax credit, etc.

After spending about 2 weeks trying to explain this to someone at revenue Canada they finally admitted that there had been a mistake and that it would need to be re-accessed. Except that can’t do that over the phone. I needed to sign up for the CRA web site and fill out the proper forms.

So in September 2016 the CRA finally issue me with a token to access the web site. I fill in the form and call them in October. They claim they didn’t get the submission but to print out the forms, fill them in and send them registered mail.

I called back in November and they told me it was being processed. Same in December, then January 2017, then February 2017. I called back today was told there is a 60 week waiting list from today for reassessments. This means that it won’t be processed until June or July 2018. WTF.

So my next question was do I get interest on that?... “On No, we don’t pay interest”

One of my work colleagues and a guy I ride with are going through exactly the same thing. The Government erred on their own side and won't pay it back. The cynic in me is saying we are in such an economic hole that Trudeau is trying to cook the books

+1 govt

How did they overlook your status? Was the return submitted correctly?

For once, I had a good experience. Left something off of my 2015 return. Went online last month and used the adjustment app on the CRA site with my sign in ( I've e-filed for years). Filled out the correction and submitted. Refund was in my bank account in under a month...might even have been under 2 weeks. I was surprised.

Last edited:
If it's their mistake they should pay interest ... in fact, the interest rate they pay is better than what the bank'll give you from what I've heard.

I'd take it up the ladder though as that's no small amount of $.

There's definitely something going on at Revenue Canada right now. Have you tried finding tax forms anywhere?

There's definitely something going on at Revenue Canada right now. Have you tried finding tax forms anywhere?
Hasn't that been all over the news?
They had to shut down the e site or something.

Sent from the Purple Zone

You want headaches in dealing with the Gub'ment?...
Try being a firearms owner and jumping through all the idiotic laws and loopholes there.

Hasn't that been all over the news?
They had to shut down the e site or something.

I'm talking about old school paper form packs with an envelope, to send the return in. I managed to find one form, without envelope, after checking 4 locations.

I'm talking about old school paper form packs with an envelope, to send the return in. I managed to find one form, without envelope, after checking 4 locations.
Oh sorry
Don't the post offices still carry some?
They had a rack of them up here. Maybe because us Wops don't trust no stinking computers! ?

Because stats canada got hacked. It's scary that the systems are that closely connected.

Is it that scary though? If anything, the federal government should try to centralize all sorts of databases to make accessing data more efficient while pooling resources to make the data more secure.

I pull statscan data often for work, and it's a shitshow. Although I will admit from my experience so far, it's not an issue with the underlying data but the code statscan's website uses to actually pull the data.

^^
It is not. It's Mike,
...buuuut if you're from the government then my name is really Joe Bass ��

The last time I filed the old fashioned way by mail was 2011, and it took 5 entire months to get my refund. That's August! Calling to see what the delay was didn't help one bit. I would have to say I've been very lucky using Turbotax the last five years. I got my refund this year in exactly 7 days. I also wouldn't blame 'the entire government'. It only takes one fool to screw things up for you.

^^
It is not. It's Mike,
...buuuut if you're from the government then my name is really Joe Bass ��
Hey now!

Just got back from Shoppers. Checked for the paper file forms. Nada.

Oh sorry
Don't the post offices still carry some?
They had a rack of them up here. Maybe because us Wops don't trust no stinking computers! 

Three postal outlets and a Service Canada to find just that one.

Back
Top Bottom