Hilarious Motorcycle Ad | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hilarious Motorcycle Ad

Well, when we replaced our furnace a couple of years ago it cost us $4,000+ installed. If you had a used bike in that price range and really need a furnace replaced but don't have the cash, it could work. A little unorthodox, but bartering is making a comeback.

Well, when we replaced our furnace a couple of years ago it cost us $4,000+ installed. If you had a used bike in that price range and really need a furnace replaced but don't have the cash, it could work. A little unorthodox, but bartering is making a comeback.

I like the ad.

I like the ad.

I *really* like the ad - Bartering is awesome. I'll need a new HVAC in a few years and will keep this sort of thing in mind.

How will the welfare state get their cut? You know we have people sitting in basements awaiting monthly direct deposits.

I got my KLR for an a/c install, also my drz for a complete furnace and duct install. Trade works fine for most.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I could use a new furnace and ac...if I had a bike kicking around worth about the same I'd do that deal no problem. Not a bad way for two parties to come together for a fair deal.

Love to know how the warranty on install works out. lol. Um, sorry, but the furnace stopped working. Sucks, mate. Bike is running awesome. You could try contacting the manufacturer for their warranty. Sorry, sir - you bought our furnace with a motorcycle. Take care now. Tah tah..

Warranties are through the manufacturer, not the installer or installers company. If you buy a used car with a warranty you don't go to the previous owner of the car when something breaks, you go to a licenced service center/dealer.

Assuming the person offering the trade is a licenced installer (safe to assume IMHO, it would be prudent to check, but being able to obtain a furnace and then knowing how to install it would be highly suggestive of the fact) and they're operating on the up and up (so you'll get a receipt, even though it's a barter arrangement) I see no reason why warranty would be an issue.

I deliver to a few HVAC places and I'm reasonably confident that if I ever found a barter for something the owner wanted they'd do something similar in a heartbeat. The only difference is another item (vs cash) is being exchanged as payment, but the manufacturer couldn't deny a claim because of that.

Reality is that markup on HVAC is huge - I do know that because I've asked the warehouse guys in the back at the aforementioned HVAC places I've delivered at, so if an installer is getting a unit at wholesale and offering it up at retail-ish pricing for a trade for something he wants, potentially both parties win.

A buddy had a deuce coupe and an old guy started talking to him about how a friend of his bought one once back in the 1930's on the farm. The seller wanted $54.00 and his friend only had half that but had just slaughtered a pig and would give half the pig as well. His friend got the car for twenty seven dollars and half a pig.

Yes indeed warranty of parts are through the manufacturer, but warranty (if any) of service is through the installer. A highly reputable HVAC installer STARTS with one who is willing to barter. I learned that in clown-school. LOL. So I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at. Basically, the likelyhood of things turning out just fine are probably pretty good, but I'd be the first to give zero fracks if something went for sheits down the road and either party got screwed.

great deal, new furnace for a KLR

as for warranty, it's just an insurance policy built into the price of anything

if you want 100% piece of mind you gotta pay retail, want a deal? have to roll the dice a bit

My BIL and neighbour are both hvac guys. They do all my service.
I'm Italian. I barter for pretty much anything I can.

Sent from the Purple Zone

I actually have no problem with the ad ... juggling a value of a bike vs particular furnace install could be daunting for some, but useful to others.

Whats next? Accountants will fill out tax reports for motorcycles?
On Alaskan Bush People they traded fresh salmon for dentist work. Also traded lumber for a wind turbine and labor for a boat.

On Alaska The Last Frontier they traded backhoe repair for hernia surgery.

Those shows are quite possibly completely fake but the premise isn't that outlandish.

Back
Top Bottom