Insurance for R6 if just got M? Is it financial suicide or not? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for R6 if just got M? Is it financial suicide or not?

Cool map.
I currently live in a "red" zone, but in 2 months I'll be moving to a "yellow"!

tell me about it, im right on the border of 2 towns...if i move across the street my premium cuts in HALF
Imagine how all those people living on the Canada/ US border feel.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Imagine how all those people living on the Canada/ US border feel.

Dont think thats how it would work since the insurance industry/legislation/coverage is VASTLY different from canada.

I hear stories of newbie riders buying Super sports in their late teens/20s and paying in 1 year, what i pay every month.

the most depressed fact I learned from this heat map...
1400/yr auto premium in AB,QC,NB,NS,PEI is considered Red
In Ontario, same amount of premium is considered as bright green.

donno what to say

By the looks of it, insurance companis will not insure super sport bikes in next 10 years or so. If they do, we will be paying a lot with our ***. & all these news on tv of stupid squids stunting, driving recklessly on public road ain't helping.

So i am back to Canada and I got quote for brand new FZ09 and it is about $1480 from Echelon. Others are being difficult to deal with but waiting for some people to call me back.

I just spoke to Mitchell and Whale and the Interesting thing their insurance for R6 is cheaper than for FZ09. I get under Quote under $900 for 2013 R6. They go more by engine CC than by SS extra premium.

Last edited:
And what do you get for that $6? A piece of paper and token coverage amounts I'm guessing?

It's unfair to compare rates like this (presumably overseas somewhere?) when here you get millions in coverage here.

Hahaha I love your joke. Simply gullible. Dude, get into a bike accident today and you are lucky if you get $30,000 dollars if you are injured and cannot work for months. Our Dear Leaders just amended the laws and insurance companies get to pay out miserable amounts while we still pay 5x times what Americans pay for the same token coverage.

I just spoke to Mitchell and Whale and the Interesting thing their insurance for R6 is cheaper than for FZ09. I get under Quote under $900 for 2013 R6. They go more by engine CC than by SS extra premium.
Get that ish in writing 3x.
A few guys on here had quotes lined up and when they bought the bike and went to insure it, rates were different.

Hahaha I love your joke. Simply gullible. Dude, get into a bike accident today and you are lucky if you get $30,000 dollars if you are injured and cannot work for months.

Dude, get sued for million dollars and then see how much you appreciate our insurance here vs that $6 policy that probably covers you for maybe $10K in liability of you're lucky.

Insurance isn't all about medical coverage and expenses - it's actually mostly about liability.

I'm not suggesting our insurance system here in Ontario isn't problematic, but I stand fast that comparing our coverage here vs any "$6 policy" you might get elsewhere is bunk.

Get that ish in writing 3x.
A few guys on here had quotes lined up and when they bought the bike and went to insure it, rates were different.

^^^.

This X100

Get it in writing, or via email.

Lawyers love paper trails.

people HAVE been know to get ****ed over after getting quotes and purchasing their dream bikes.

Back
Top Bottom