Insurance for R6 if just got M? Is it financial suicide or not? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for R6 if just got M? Is it financial suicide or not?

EaZ8, I prefer to buy only new bikes.
I like that kawasaki z900 but yamaha fz09 seems to have more fun options. Kawasaki is more good looking imho
the Z1000's i was looking at were new old inventory i believe.. they are at st onge. there was 3 of them.

By the way I saw some dealership ad they had new 2016 R6 at $10499 plus hst. I hope i can find R6 for 10k without 499.

Country is Philippines, but I am not filipino, I am white.
black_CG2, what is your insurance company? I will try them. I had R3 with Echelon but they do not insure R6

Sent you pm. I wonder how much is insurance for an ss in Philippines?

@OP.. I too also have my ACZ and M those extra letters don't mean anything when it comes to bike insurance unfortunately.

Brand new 2014 R6... All prices in this post are for full coverage
My first year riding I was paying 1300/yr with my m1/m2 (@34 years old)
Second year I was paying 1200/yr with my M2
Third year was $1100-$1150/yr with M2
Fourth year (this year) I am paying $830/yr with my M on a 2017 ZX-6R as my R6 got stolen at Christmas.

I live pretty central in the city just off the DVP.

Also for reference for me (these were the bikes I was looking at when deciding what to replace my bike with)
2017 R6 was $820/yr
2017 ZX-6R was $830/yr
2017 Daytona 675R was $850/yr

Last edited:
Sent you pm. I wonder how much is insurance for an ss in Philippines?
I think SS insurance will be very cheap too, maybe $20-30 but they will steal SS here quick. It will not cover theft. Bikes get stolen all the time here and because I do not stay here all year round I will not feel safe leaving it at friend house.

I think SS insurance will be very cheap too, maybe $20-30 but they will steal SS here quick. It will not cover theft. Bikes get stolen all the time here and because I do not stay here all year round I will not feel safe leaving it at friend house.

News flash, they will steal an SS here too a LOT, especially if parked in a condo lot, in Toronto. Also, if your financing bike you WILL need full coverage on the bike, dealership will want proof of insurance

@OP.. I too also have my ACZ and M those extra letters don't mean anything when it comes to bike insurance unfortunately.

Brand new 2014 R6... All prices in this post are for full coverage
My first year riding I was paying 1300/yr with my m1/m2 (@34 years old)
Second year I was paying 1200/yr with my M2
Third year was $1100-$1150/yr with M2
Fourth year (this year) I am paying $830/yr with my M on a 2017 ZX-6R as my R6 got stolen at Christmas.

I live pretty central in the city just off the DVP.

Also for reference for me (these were the bikes I was looking at when deciding what to replace my bike with)
2017 R6 was $820/yr
2017 ZX-6R was $830/yr
2017 Daytona 675R was $850/yr

Who's your insurance with JamJam? I think I need to start shopping around! I'm paying ~$1100/yr for an '02 sv650s without collision coverage. 38 yrs old w/ m2.

I will buy for cash only and I will take minimum legal coverage insurance plus theft maybe. I leave in condo but I think mine is in a safe area.

I will buy for cash only and I will take minimum legal coverage insurance plus theft maybe. I leave in condo but I think mine is in a safe area.

If thats the case, id also like to congratulate you on winning a large amount of money from a distant relative in nigeria who passed on and left you a substantial will, all i need to transfer the funds, is your banking information.

Goddamnit, if i lived 1 km west id be in the green zone, and my premium would be HALF of what it is now...

Last edited:
87728042472c4f416d9dd3808ca9bb47.jpg

TD Meloche monnex

Friend just got a quote online

35 - 2 yrs experience

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Online quote, kind of like online dating...be prepared to get catfished

That girl with the cut pic ends up being completely different in person(not that...i would know :laughing9:)

87728042472c4f416d9dd3808ca9bb47.jpg

TD Meloche monnex

Friend just got a quote online

35 - 2 yrs experience

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TD's online system is laughable at best. I still remember it quoting out about $8000/year for a CBR600RRA. I called them and they told me $1600/year.

tell me about it, im right on the border of 2 towns...if i move across the street my premium cuts in HALF

Back
Top Bottom