Toronto Motorcycle Show | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto Motorcycle Show

When I was a younger man, the two shows WERE one big show. I want to say the split happened somewhere around the early 2000's, definitely pre-2004. From what I remember the manufacturers felt buried among all of the club booths, leather, shops trying to off load last year's inventory, slap chops etc and weren't getting their message out or weren't getting the exposure they wanted. When the split first happened the manufacturer's show was in December but moved to February a few years back as some of the manufacturers don't have their latest/greatest over here before the new year and also competing for eye balls and foot traffic is hard before Christmas. Putting the show in February was a smart move IMO as the winter blues have set in by then and folks just want something motorcycle related to do! The manufacturers show is a great one as long as your remember that it is just like the auto show. You aren't there to buy anything, or at least not much, you're there to see the newest bikes and sit on them and touch them. Sure the internet will give you all the info well before the show, but nothing beats seeing something in person.

Last edited:
The split came when the production company that does the Jan show got into a bitter fight with the manufactures over costs and pricing of booth space. There has been talk of the two blending back together, but its been a long time now.

From what I've heard

Feb show costs are much lower than the Jan show

And i like the look and feel of the Feb show.. Its a lil bit more posh and sophisticated

Even though they might not the amount of bikes at eicma... i still like seeing new bikes in person and being able to touch and sit on them

Some memorable ones

Bmw r nine t
Cbr1000Rr
Gsxr 1000
Versys 300
Crf 250l rally
Ktm 1290 adv

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom