Delorme Inreach Explorer on sale this weekend at Sportchek | GTAMotorcycle.com

Delorme Inreach Explorer on sale this weekend at Sportchek

jc100

This is a useful device for anyone that goes off grid for any reason, more so for offroad/remote backroads riding perhaps. It's a satellite 2 way text and SOS beacon and this model has built in mapping/altimeter/barometer, Bluetooth link to phone for extended maps etc. There's a subscription but you're able to put the device in dormant mode for several bucks a month. The subscription plans start at $20 CDN a month. Regardless, for some this could be a useful device if you're in an area with no cell phone coverage (worldwide!!). I just bought one for some of my vacations down south where I'm not in cell phone coverage (has happened quite often in Central America) and also to take on the bike on the rare occasions I'm outside cell phone coverage. I plan to do a little more exploring this summer in more areas with little cell phone coverage so I thought it would come in handy. The subscription costs are not that high for a peace of mind device.

It's on sale at Sportchek this weekend for $371 and you can get another 10% off by signing up for the Sportcheck newsletter. Comes to $334 before taxes. Check on the internet and you'll see this is a pretty good price. It's not the newest Garmin model but most reviews say the Garmin model is only useful if you don't already have a GPS of some kind.

There are advantages over the Spot device, it uses a different set of GPS satellites. You can put the subscription in dormant mode. 2 way text feature rather than just 1 way with the Spot. Anyway, read reviews..this may be useful for some of you and also useful for other activities aside from riding the bike, notably anything off the beaten track.

Back
Top Bottom