Yamaha Smax purchase price | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Smax purchase price

Some dealers still have 2015 model, but smax from that year has been recalled for speed sensor issues.

Thanks

Sounds like a perfect bargain candidate to me. All official recalls will have to be cleared/fixed by the dealer before you take delivery of the bike.

This is your chance ...

Smax of desperation. Have you considered trading goods and/or services for all or part of the purchase price? You never can tell in this day and age. Been hearing some pretty crazy stories lately. Crazy like a fox. Barter with no fox given then ride it like you stole it.
LMFAO ? ? ?
No fox given!

Sent from the Purple Zone

Sounds like a perfect bargain candidate to me. All official recalls will have to be cleared/fixed by the dealer before you take delivery of the bike.

This is your chance ...
Exactly, Performance Cycle in Cambridge has two leftover 2015s. Asking 3995 but I'm sure they'll bargain. And yes, dealer has to do any recalls before selling so not a concern.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Seems like your hung up on the recall with the 2015. Don't be, the issue was identified, a fix came up with and they will fix the issue before you get the bike. With a 2017, there could just as well be a recall a few months down the road, with something that has yet to be discovered, or that has been discovered, but no fix is yet ready so manufacturer, denies it is an issue and tends to blame it on user error..lol.

As Iceman said, they WILL be willing to deal, at this point everyday that 2015 sits in inventory it is COSTING them. I was at one point looking at a 2010 bike, (this was in 2014), that was still sitting in dealer inventory, in Texas. They were VERY willing to deal on it, but insurer decided to fix mine instead. Now with a 4 year old bike, I would have insisted on fluids and some other issues, be replaced first, (bike was FI so no carb issues).

Exactly, Performance Cycle in Cambridge has two leftover 2015s. Asking 3995 but I'm sure they'll bargain. And yes, dealer has to do any recalls before selling so not a concern.

This.

Sent from the Purple Zone

Regarding recalls. See this link.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...d-ban-dealers-from-selling-vehicles-with-open

From what I skimmed the TLDR is dealers in Ontario can sell a vehicle with known recalls and not perform the work as long as you are notified about said recalls in the contract.

I bought a bike from Brampton powersports in December and was told they are not performing the recall work. Nothing about it is in my contract but they are closed down and I was told they stopped ordering parts end of November so I'm SOL and have to drive it to another dealership.

I am planning on going there. Perhaps, when the weather gets little bit better.
Also it is not all about the money. When Yamaha Canada says the scooter is $4100 and the dealer asks $5900, that doesn't seems right. After all its just a 150cc scooter.

cheers

You have to understand that a dealer is free to ask for whatever price they see fit. They don't care whether it seems right to you or not. You have to trust the supply/demand forces and know your stuff before you go in. But imagine the dealership is owned by a car guy who doesn't desperately need every dollar and rather leaves bikes overpriced on the floor for long time before he discounts them significantly. There's nothing you can do about that, but to move on to the next one ... there's a couple in GTA area which are known to have very high prices with barely any discounts.

I bought a bike from Brampton powersports in December and was told they are not performing the recall work. Nothing about it is in my contract but they are closed down and I was told they stopped ordering parts end of November so I'm SOL and have to drive it to another dealership.

And it was a brand new bike?? If so, what was the reason they have stated? Why didn't you just walked away from the deal? I know I would, unless their price was out of the world.

There might not be a law specifically prohibiting them to sell new vehicle with open recalls, but you'd be the first case I have heard of. I am willing to bet most would not do so, because it smells like a lawsuit against them, if they sold you a vehicle with open recalls they knew about.

In your case, just ride to the next closest authorized dealer and have them fix it, with your recall letter in hand, just in case ...

Sounds like as the poster has stated they were closing and not ordering ANY parts in. Given they were in the process, of closing their doors, even IF such a law existed, are they going to worry about it. Do you really think the regulator, is going to force them to reopen just to do the recall work? Typically dealerships HATE doing recall work as they aren't well compensated by the manufacturer for the work. Doing other paying repair jobs take priority, and are WAY more lucrative to dealerships, (cars, bikes, trucks etc).

And it was a brand new bike?? If so, what was the reason they have stated? Why didn't you just walked away from the deal? I know I would, unless their price was out of the world.

There might not be a law specifically prohibiting them to sell new vehicle with open recalls, but you'd be the first case I have heard of. I am willing to bet most would not do so, because it smells like a lawsuit against them, if they sold you a vehicle with open recalls they knew about.

In your case, just ride to the next closest authorized dealer and have them fix it, with your recall letter in hand, just in case ...

Of course not under the circumstances you have described. I thought they went belly in Feb.

If they were upfront about it, be it. Bottom line is, non-closing dealership is not getting a sale if they are making a big deal out of a recall work prior to taking delivery of a brand new bike. I don't really care as a consumer whether they are or are not adequately compensated by the manufacturer. Their battle, not mine.

The price was indeed out of this world. hedo2002 hit this one on the head. I knew about the recall and so did BPS, they were closing for good to turn the building into office space and were not ordering jack S*** and everything they were selling was at a steep discount.

Wish I thought to buy some more gear while I was there. All well.

Edit, and yeah they went belly up some time in Feb. My paperwork for the bike and ownership etc was done first week of January.

Back
Top Bottom