Where is the best place to buy Ram mount? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where is the best place to buy Ram mount?

It depends on what you are trying to mount and where you want it on the bike. The FZ07 has a few options: clamp around the bars, mounted to the handle bar clamp bolts, etc. The Yamaha option is about $72, and give a nice solid mount for most electronics. Most shops can source any or all of those options for you. We have some in stock on the shelf I believe.

Try Radio World at 400/Steeles. They have every combination you could ask for. Cost depends on what you buy. Should be able to get what you need for under $100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been watching a lot of Letterkenny these days so I want to say 'figure it out".
I've purchased mounting hardware from GPSCity.com http://www.gpscity.com/

Great guys to deal with and they have a lot of inventory.

Figure out what you want to mount (GPS / Phone / whatever) and then put together a RAM system to support that.
There are a few different ways to mount and you'll see when searching the site. Handlebar mounts, reservoir mounts, complete shelves!

When I picked up my Motorcylce GPS (Zumo550) it came with a full RAM handlebar mounting system. The Zumo has died so I reused the hardware to mount an X-Grip for my phone. http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-universal-x-grip-phone-cradle-ram-hol-un7u.html

Happy shopping

As an after thought I have setup my bike,with the Ram products, for gps/phone/iPod and GoPro. Everything fit nicely and didn't look stupid.

A little off topic. I crashed last year and had GPS on the bike and phone in my pocket. I was shipped off to the hospital and a bunch of great GTAM guys picked up the pieces of the bike for me.
I was sure glad my phone was with me at the hospital and not in the bushes at the side of the road.

A little off topic. I crashed last year and had GPS on the bike and phone in my pocket. I was shipped off to the hospital and a bunch of great GTAM guys picked up the pieces of the bike for me.
I was sure glad my phone was with me at the hospital and not in the bushes at the side of the road.
Same thing happened to me when I crashed. The GPS flew out of the mount never to be found. Despite my phone being in my pocket, survived and still works!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Try Radio World at 400/Steeles. They have every combination you could ask for. Cost depends on what you buy. Should be able to get what you need for under $100

+1 for Radioworld if you want to save on shipping costs and actually see the parts before you buy them.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Check on ADV rider in the vendors section, there's occasionally discount codes for forum members there for GPS city (or Central..can't remember which) for RAM mounts. I've ordered quite a bit of stuff using those codes from a Canadian store. The code sometimes may even just be for free shipping but it's still a decent deal.

That's why I use my older Android phone fro gps/music mounted to the bike.
I pair my headset to both phones and it was interesting because I thought the headset could only connect to 1 device at time.
Got a call on my phone in jacket and the phone on bike faded out (music stopped or maybe kept playing) while I used jacket phone. Hung up call and music returned.

I suggest using older Samsung S3 type phone or S4 (whatever you have) to hardwire usb connection to bike, play music and use as GPS...camera...control your GoPro type device.

Also +1 for Radioworld. Use the clamp setup on my fz-07 and it's worked great!

7bf9799254c41c7eac06302a169443c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

That clamp is metal?

Sent from the Purple Zone

Yes, it's hard to tell, but when you read the reviews it's mentioned by lots of people that they were surprised by the quality, especially the fact that the handlebar part was metal, not plastic...particularly at that price point.

Not too worried about it loosening, either - once the flip part is snapped down (the part that actually tightens it onto the handlebars) I can't see any way it would pop back up or loosen.

I think that the clips that the faceplate (the part that actually holds the phone, in this case) actually clip onto is also a bit of standard - I'm fairly sure one of my old Sirius Satellite Radio's will clip right up to that handlebar mount part as well. I'm going to check when I get the first one, and if so, I'll be ordering a second one.

Last edited:
I think they are standard too.
I have a similar clamp for my old phone and one for a cheap action cam. But plastic. They don't loosen. But I do have an elastic band around the clamp, just in case.
My gps is on the RAM mount. 100x better for 50x the price imo. But I too am "frugal". ?

Sent from the Purple Zone

Back
Top Bottom