Getting a bike from Moncton To Ontario | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting a bike from Moncton To Ontario

Download the UShip app. Upload a picture of the bike you want picked up plus details and start the bid auction. The quotes get substantially lower towards the end of your bid auction.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

www.reasonabletrucking.ca or call us at 902-457-1288

Shipped my 35 year old full dressed harley from halifax to toronto for $650. Very safe..not a scratch. Offer cash for lower price..maybe. Next truck leaving end of march..be here first of April.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I'll ride it back for you.
Serious, you can hang on to my bike in the meanwhile. :)

My Dad and I drove out to Moncton to pick up his Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom from a dealer.
Just drove out there, bought the bike, and trailered it home, simple as that.
If you consider the gas to get out there and back, as well as time, and a trailer rental (we had a trailer) you are looking at atleast a few hundred bucks.
say 12 l/100km .. 1500km/way, 3000km....

$360 in just gas, plus ware and tare on the vehicle puts it at 400..

trailer rental cost a few hundred. plus time, hotel and food

So if your looking to go out therem your looking at probably 1000 to get it, so look for someone to do it under that if youd like.

X2 UShip, but make sure whoever is tendering the bike to the carrier photodocuments the crap out of It before and during loading. If it arrives with the tank crushed in or something (for example) because it fell over during transit, you can prove it wasn't that way when it left.

Further to that, make sure the carrier you eventually select is actually legit - properly locenced and insured. There's lots of "guy with a pickup truck" specials on there amongst the legit companies.

My Dad and I drove out to Moncton to pick up his Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom from a dealer.
If you consider the gas to get out there and back, as well as time, and a trailer rental (we had a trailer) you are looking at atleast a few hundred bucks.

So if your looking to go out therem your looking at probably 1000 to get it, so look for someone to do it under that if youd like.

I wouldn't ask for nearly so much if the OP can wait till I'm coming back from Shubie

it's a 2 day ride, though obviously if your asking there's a reason you can't/don't want to ride it back

likely won't be cheap, but my biggest concern would be security and care of the bike

lots of pics and horror stories on the net about the cheapest shipper destroying a bike in transport

If you want it on a certain day or in a rush expect to pay more, make sure you do your research as you don't want to end up one of the horror stories about bikes getting damaged. If you are flexible on dates you can sometimes find someone going that way willing to help out like Caboose offered and would make it more financial reasonable.

Gas yes. Hotel - sleep in the car. Food - MacDonald's. Trailer - $15/day from Uhaul. $500 max.
A bit hardcore. But doable.

What kind of bike is it and what is the time line? Depending on how comfortable you find the bike and if you can wait until the warmer weather, you could plan and execute an IronButt SS1000 and get your bike there at the same time! Bike delivered and membership into the IBA all in one trip! According to your avatar you are in Guelph and it is 1611km from Guelph to Moncton according to Google maps which is literally exactly what you need to complete the SS1000!

Now, getting home is another story. ;)

On the topic of the above response....is riding it home a possibility? Assuming it's certifiable/roadworthy, and/or currently plated as "Fit" you could just get insurance on it here, ask the seller to get a temp plate for it there, fly out (Porter flies to Moncton several times a day and a one way ticket can be had for around $150), get the bike...and hit the highway. 1500K is a nice one day ride if you're hard core, 2 days tops if you want a break in between.

Hell, sounds like an awesome adventure to me. ;)

I just got mine in Timmins and I was in the same boat as you. The prices in the GTA are simply horrible for used bikes and I vote with my wallet. Eff them. So trailer, truck, hotel overnight. Then I thought to rent an Avis, leave it there, ride the bike home. It turns out the cheaper way is Porter airlines with a friend dropping me at the airport, $121 all in. Under 2 hours flight at 9AM, ride it back the same day, only a 7 hours ride. Wait for a warmer day and voila, cheap and already enjoying the toy.
Out of curiosity I looked up a flight, it is $151 all in on April 15th. 2 hours flight.

Last edited:
fyi
the new Ford Transit (smaller van, city commuter I think) will fit a sport bike easily.
Just get a ramp and 4-5 tie downs (5 is best). It has the tie down loops in the van.
cheap on gas, comfy to drive

Enterprise $40 day and unlimited kilometers.

tip - you might have to offset the ramp (not the middle) in order to clear the door lock mechanism as it sits a little bit lower...then move bike back to middle in the van
*remember to put bike in gear

^ And get a ramp wide enough for your feet so you don't end up on YouTube like all the others who dumped their bikes riding up ramps. ;)

Anyhow, it's unclear if the OP has even seen our responses and suggestions.

^ And get a ramp wide enough for your feet so you don't end up on YouTube like all the others who dumped their bikes riding up ramps. ;)

Anyhow, it's unclear if the OP has even seen our responses and suggestions.

that's not needed
bumper is low
if you really needed 2-3 guys can lift the bike up

2 people can safely load and unload
having a 3rd person as a spotter is safer if you are not used to moving bikes

I suspect I wouldn't have to hunt long on YouTube to find a video of that exact scenario going wrong.

that's not needed
bumper is low
if you really needed 2-3 guys can lift the bike up

2 people can safely load and unload
having a 3rd person as a spotter is safer if you are not used to moving bikes

This post makes me feel better about being uncomfortable loading a bike into a regular height pickup on my own with just a 10-12" wide ramp, lol.

Back
Top Bottom