Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 43 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Someone should be keeping a running tally on how many Volts were purchased after this thread was created. I count 3 so far. Or is it 4?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

If I recall correctly you said you had a trouble ticket being worked on for this issue? No remedy or follow up yet I presume?

Naw, The Volt is in the shop getting the promised body work done on it that shoudl have been done when I bought it. I'm waiting to get it back before I call Onstar

Someone should be keeping a running tally on how many Volts were purchased after this thread was created. I count 3 so far. Or is it 4?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Include Bolts and really all Hybrids for people stating this thread caused them to go buy one.

Include Bolts and really all Hybrids for people stating this thread caused them to go buy one.

hoping to add my name to the list in the near future, with Hybrid tech, the 2017 MDX Sport Hybrid does 26mpg city, Up from my current 16mpg city.

then I will check in again in 2020 when I get my Tesla 3....

hoping to add my name to the list in the near future, with Hybrid tech, the 2017 MDX Sport Hybrid does 26mpg city, Up from my current 16mpg city.

then I will check in again in 2020 when I get my Tesla 3....
And again in 2023 when you get a GM?? Lol

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Just thought i would this up.There are a lot more of these showing up at events we attend.
[video=youtube;6e315UnXFQk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e315UnXFQk[/video]

Neat. Interesting bike - I know that the Zero motorcycles are pretty awesome as well, I've always wanted to try one..and now knowing the realities of electric cars, it makes me want to ride one even more.

The video itself, well....that company would be well served working on their production value a little more. ;)

OK I need help. If I connect my iphone by bluetooth then use Waze or Google maps I can't listen to the radio... I don't have music on my phone. I like muh talk radio. Also how do you remote start the car?

OK I need help. If I connect my iphone by bluetooth then use Waze or Google maps I can't listen to the radio... I don't have music on my phone. I like muh talk radio.

I presume you're using the built in USB plug in the centre console for charging your phone? When you plugin to this port the radio switches automatically to Aux in so that it can get music off your phone. You can either go to the radio page on the centre console and manually select AM/FM/SAT again at this point...or do what we did - just get a standalone USB charger and plug it into the cigarette lighter port also in the centre console.

Besides, the built in USB port is only 500ma charging which is tediously slow. A good standalone charger can be 4-6 times faster if you buy a good one - look for one with an "iPad port" which are typically at least 2 amps vs 500 milliamps.

Also how do you remote start the car?

Press the lock button on the fob and then within 5 seconds or so press and hold the bottom right precondition button. The clearance lights on the car will light up and you'll hear the coolant pump slowly whirring under the hood...that's it. You really want the car plugged in (preferably to a level 2) as when the heat comes on it really draws heavily off the battery which will impact range.

OK I need help. If I connect my iphone by bluetooth then use Waze or Google maps I can't listen to the radio... I don't have music on my phone. I like muh talk radio. Also how do you remote start the car?
It sounds like you might be trying to listen to two sources at the same time; your phone for directions, and the radio for entertainment. There's no way to do that.

I have a phone with an FM radio built in, so I can use it to listen to the radio and still get turn-by-turn updates from my navigation apps over my car's speakers because they're both coming from the same source - my phone.

Neat. Interesting bike - I know that the Zero motorcycles are pretty awesome as well, I've always wanted to try one..and now knowing the realities of electric cars, it makes me want to ride one even more.

The video itself, well....that company would be well served working on their production value a little more. ;)
They have a demo ride day at the oakville location.

They have a demo ride day at the oakville location.

When & where? I just got back from a 2 day 1350KM trip on the bike...I'm ready to leave it parked for a day or so, but will be ready to rock again come Saturday. ;)

When & where? I just got back from a 2 day 1350KM trip on the bike...I'm ready to leave it parked for a day or so, but will be ready to rock again come Saturday. ;)

"Our official factory demo day will be on June 10[SUP]th[/SUP], 2017.
We have bikes here in the showroom if you would like to see them up close"
- The guy at oakville yamaha.

Unfortunately this is the only demo i wanted to really do but i've got a torn achilles. and funny thing is, those bikes dont have gears...but since left foot tends to be my dominant foot at stops (right foot on rear brake)... i won't take the stupid chance of trying to ride one while injured.

So I was shopping around on Kijiji for winter rims. Thought I should get a head start in looking for lighter than normal rims. I was lucky enough to find a guy selling a set of OZ Ultraleggera rims that he pulled off his Volt before trading it in for the newer gen. (The newer gen has a different bolt pattern so he was boned) They are in great shape and I got them for a steal so I'm happy.

I was worried the wider rim and the different offset would cause an issue, even though the guy I bought the rims off of said they worked on his fine, but turns out he was right.
TBH I'm not a big fan of black rims on a black car but I don't mind the look. Now I can use the stock rims for winter.

The same day I got them (and after a full charge) I drove around and did some errands with the GF, and just generally went driving around. I got an all time best for me 74kms on a full charge. :happy3:

That's in Sport mode 90% of the time driving around the North York area. I'm easily getting over 60ikms to a charge now. Probably a mix of the warmer weather and the rims I gather. :confused:

Last edited:
Awesome.

My wife got 50KM electric today on her commute to work, and given the fact she's not driving in a super efficient fashion yet (better, but not perfect) as well as highway (lesser efficiency vs city), coupled with the fact our 2012 has the slightly smaller battery vs yours, well... I'll call it good. I did get >60KM on one drive (I posted it earlier in this thread IIRC) so I know it's capable of more, but can't complain - we haven't yet hit the 'sweet spot' temperatures for EV range yet either.

As for rims, I'm going to start hunting for a set of winter ones for my wife - she wants/needs snow tires given she's up and down the 35/115 every day. Summer is a good time for looking for these - I got a set of 4 steelies with snow tires mounted (which were still nearly new) for $225 for my wifes old 300 - the benefits of buying snow tires in July. ;)

So, I reset the trip odometer last Saturday morning, just got back from the stable with my daughter, and low and behold as I pulled into the driveway, I saw this - a nice round 1000K average based on a week of normal driving/trips for us.

volt1000k.jpg

Here was this mornings drive in detail - I achieved our best ever electric range. Had it not been for the rain (lights and wipers on) and once the temperature gets a little warmer I'm now confident I can breach the 70KM mark which would be exceptional for my generation Volt - even with 130,000+KM on the odometer it's routinely exceeding (by a wide margin) the "rated" electric range. Anyone remember all the "It's gonna need a new battery soon!" chatter earlier in this thread? Yeah, not so much.

volt1000k2.jpg

(Sorry, not sure why images are not downsizing)

Last edited:
Not sure why the forum is displaying the above images in full size instead of thumbnailing them as normal...or is it just me?

Not sure why the forum is displaying the above images in full size instead of thumbnailing them as normal...or is it just me?

Normally, when you click on the thumb it hotlinks the storage site ... in this case it does not. So it looks like it embedded a full size pic.

I think something changed on the forum setup (not automatically down-sizing anymore) as I linked them the same way I always do from my personal server here at home.

I'll manually downsize them here in a bit and repost.

Back
Top Bottom