Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 171 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

As someone who works in automotive mfg, many of you are dreaming if you believe they will hit that launch date.

BC gov just announced that they are injecting 20mil for the building of hydrogen and electric infrastructure.

Im not going to post the link, you can find it for your self.

as predicted earlier in this thread, and Im not going to quote it again, "BC and Quebec" will lead the way with Hydrogen in canada.

As usual, Ontario govt is totally clueless.

Is this a Bombardier thing? If it is, there is a punch line coming.

Last edited:
Tesla announced their long awaited $35kUS Model 3

In Canada the price of entry is now $47,600cdn (shame there is no $13k rebate or many others would be all over this). not bad for a car that single handedly killed the Volt, cannibalized sales from the Prius, and at the same time is eating up BMW 3 series and Audi and others in the entry level luxury market sales as well.

Brilliance, and still no viable competitor electric car on the market to this day. Long live TESLA

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/02/28/tesla-drops-price-model-3-47600-canada/

In Canada the price of entry is now $47,600cdn (shame there is no $13k rebate or many others would be all over this). not bad for a car that single handedly killed the Volt, cannibalized sales from the Prius, and at the same time is eating up BMW 3 series and Audi and others in the entry level luxury market sales as well.

Speak with data.

The interior of the base Model 3 is stark, austere, uninviting. Costs had to be cut somewhere, and they had to do something to steer people towards the pricier models, so this is what you get.

Brilliance, and still no viable competitor electric car on the market to this day. Long live TESLA

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/02/28/tesla-drops-price-model-3-47600-canada/

I think it probably also killed any and all competition from Honda...

@gagguP

interesting..... they began 2019 as the number 1 selling passenger car brand in america with Accord the best selling mid size sedan for the 4th straight month, and Civic entering its 4th straight year as americas best selling car. Their CR-V continues as the best selling SUV in america.

I think they are doing ok.....

So you linked an article from an electric vehicle website about e-vehicles killing off combustion sales, where they supposed to report the opposite? /faceplm

I didn't even bother to read it fyi, i'm sure its full of fudged numbers, no links to actual sources or facts, a very narrow scope of sales (i.e. no premise of SUV sales during same period) and trite opinion.

/yawn

^^^^^^

Regardless of the source, the sales decline is noted. With TESLA sales rising.

Feel free to do a Google search and you will see the same pattern

I would love the Model 3 but even at a 50k starting price, and no discount or rebates on it, it's definitely not in the cards for the forseeable future. Too bad as they look fairly good, but I've read enough horror stories about the manufacturing and finishing details issues. Volt still going strong though.

EDIT: for fun I went on the Tesla Canada site and starting price was $35,900*! Wow....wait a second....what's the * for....'Prices above include potential incentives and gas savings.' WTF!

Last edited:
@caboose

Please excuse me, I just lol'd

Maybe not in GTAM land, but in the automotive realm, I can assure you that,

Any car that needs an electric outlet to recharge is considered an electric car by definition

Last edited:
^^^^^^

Regardless of the source, the sales decline is noted. With TESLA sales rising.

Feel free to do a Google search and you will see the same pattern
Sunny, the state of Tesla is an unknown at this moment. They are doing things that could work in their favour or could bomb miserably. Profits for Tesla are currently down significantly, but claiming to rebound.
https://business.financialpost.com/...-after-surprise-model-3-price-drop-store-cuts

It would be good if Tesla are able to build a good electric car for cheaper and help them sell better. That all remains to be seen and I hope they figure it out, because I would buy one for sure if I felt that their quality control and service aftercare wouldn't be a headache.

Why all the hate towards the Volt? It's a good car. It bridged gas and electric technologies well, and of course was never destined to be a player in the market for a seriously long time as the EV technology is advancing by leaps and bounds. They are also excellent cars for people who want to try what the electric car experience, but not quite ready to go all electric. You might as well spew the same vitriol towards all the other plug in hybrids, because there are quite a few and they all have their strengths and shortcomings. Plug in-hybrid offerings from Honda, Toyota, Ford, Kia, BMW, Jaguar, Audi, VW, Mitsubishi and more will all become killed by changing technology.

Your one-sided rant makes it seem like your compensating for other inadequacies.

Sunny, the state of Tesla is an unknown at this moment. They are doing things that could work in their favour or could bomb miserably. Profits for Tesla are currently down significantly, but claiming to rebound.
https://business.financialpost.com/...-after-surprise-model-3-price-drop-store-cuts

It would be good if Tesla are able to build a good electric car for cheaper and help them sell better. That all remains to be seen and I hope they figure it out, because I would buy one for sure if I felt that their quality control and service aftercare wouldn't be a headache.

Why all the hate towards the Volt? It's a good car. It bridged gas and electric technologies well, and of course was never destined to be a player in the market for a seriously long time as the EV technology is advancing by leaps and bounds. They are also excellent cars for people who want to try what the electric car experience, but not quite ready to go all electric. You might as well spew the same vitriol towards all the other plug in hybrids, because there are quite a few and they all have their strengths and shortcomings. Plug in-hybrid offerings from Honda, Toyota, Ford, Kia, BMW, Jaguar, Audi, VW, Mitsubishi and more will all become killed by changing technology.

Your one-sided rant makes it seem like your compensating for other inadequacies.
I'm with you. I have always said that Tesla's biggest challenge is the same as every tech company -- crossing the chasm.

They have exhausted the supply of early adopters and now have to make cars that compete based on more than cache and curiosity. The big challenge in that is to get early adopters to make a second purchase and for mass market buyers to make their first purchase, you must be competitive with features, benefits and cost of ownership. Tesla had the right marketing plan when they announced the $35000 model 3, their problem is horrible execution. They stumbled ramping up, they failed to hit cost targets -- the Model 3 business plan is more than 2 years behind. Tesla now has to make some risky moves in order to preserve themselves -- they are not flailing yet, but it seems close. Missing targets rattles shareholders and customers, something Tesla doesn't need right now.

If I were Elon I'd do a couple of things:

1) Open the dealer network. Simply stocking the network would drive full production for a year.
2) Make a pickup truck, make it fast. Trucks are simpler designs when it comes to suspension and bodywork, they are also have the highest margins, and the mass of a truck motor and tranny and fuel cell is almost identical to a battery with equivalent range.

Back
Top Bottom