Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 142 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

How does the Ontario market impact their global market? I know they’re trying to rush deliveries to Ontario at the moment to meet that deadline for the rebate but after that how much of a dip will they see in demand?

California, Quebec, BC and Norway still represent a big market, do they not?

In May and June, Canada had 456 and 1850 Model 3's delivered. In those same months in the US, they delivered 6250 and 6062.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1117616_tesla-dominated-electric-car-sales-in-canada-in-june
https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

There are two Model 3's at my work. They got here before the deadline.

I have only seen them from afar but they're neat looking.
My neighbour got one, got a ride-along in it, was prettttyyy nice!

As for the 35k model, if the company survives Elon's tweets, it will def be out. Just like the model S had different "grades" of models.

Might end up being a little more in $CAD though.

I thought very long and hard about getting a 3 in the early days, came this >.< close to putting a deposit on one.

At the end of the day, my brain and common sense over ruled.

$65g for a "cool" car. or I could get a $33g loaded, proven, well engineered 50mpg Accord Hybrid and buy LOTS of gas with the money left over.

Don't fall for the hype folks. The full electric car phenomenon is still a while away. The early adopters are getting hosed real good and the novelty will wear off real quick.

Same old record, Sunny :rolleyes:

As for the 35k model, if the company survives Elon's tweets, it will def be out.

My boss was complaining about that yesterday because she owns shares in Tesla. "If only he'd keep his mouth shut..."

Finally got my black wheels.

81c65e8ae69f8dbd04ce2338ae65551e.jpg

ca5d1d8b05dfb13587d60e6e73c8aa7f.jpg

Finally got my black wheels.

81c65e8ae69f8dbd04ce2338ae65551e.jpg

ca5d1d8b05dfb13587d60e6e73c8aa7f.jpg
I can't see the pics

Edit: I refreshed and the pics are there now.
Not usually a fan of black wheels but that looks nice.

And not to thread hijack too much but, iirc the Volt is based on the Cruze platform and I just found out yesterday that they make a diesel Cruze. I had no idea.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

An actress with no technical background is qualified to tell us that the Tesla may have a safety issue?

An actress with no technical background is qualified to tell us that the Tesla may have a safety issue?

I am not commenting on the source (or trying to bash Tesla as any vehicle can have a failure). To be honest, I didn't read much text about the incident, just that the owner did not know of an obvious trigger event (eg collision). I was more interested in the flame jet that was happening once the fire was going.

It sure looked like something had gone wrong within the battery pack itself. From a fire department perspective, it would seem that having the source of fire within an almost sealed metal can leaves them few options other than spraying a bit of water to try to minimize damage to the road and waiting until it self extinguishes. Again, not saying EV is better or worse than a conventional vehicle, it just presents different challenges.

TESLA 3 dual motor

This is the one to get

The engineers nailed this one....

Long live TESLA

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/a22625274/tesla-model-3-performance-track-test/

Nobody ever questioned Tesla's ability to build fast cars.

Build quality and repairability on the other hand . . .

https://jalopnik.com/bumper-falls-off-brand-new-tesla-model-3-after-30-minut-1828306917

Person 1
"1/2 hr, bringing Model 3 home, run in to heavy rain on the streets & bumper comes off #devastated @Tesla #help @elonmusk"

DkW-ZvZU8AAXCmn.jpg

Person 2
"Hey that looks like mine!"

DkXSQuLX4AAGuxI.jpg

Person 3
It's been raining here in dallas the last few days and this has happened just from water on the roads, plus lost one of the aero wheels during a heavy rainstorm. So far the service center has not been at all helpful

Person 4
DkYM4amU8AEvh8z.jpg

Person 5
DkYNzNdU4AMQ_PC.jpg

Last edited:
Can you fit a dishwasher in the back of a Model 3??

I actually don’t know. Is the Model 3 a sedan or hatch?

b7dda9d2bc9cc15e71ca68c7435ce38b.jpg

Can you fit a dishwasher in the back of a Model 3??

I actually don’t know. Is the Model 3 a sedan or hatch?

b7dda9d2bc9cc15e71ca68c7435ce38b.jpg
Why would you need a dishwasher in a volt? Drive thru cutlery and packaging is disposable/ recyclable/ compostable.

Seriously though, I wouldn't have expected that much room in the back of an EV.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

It looks like the Model 3 is a hatch...

I bet a dishwasher would fit. I think the Model 3 is bigger than a Volt too. Maybe even fit a washer or dryer!

for some reason, 0-60 mph in 3.3 seconds combined with all wheel drive and superb chassis manners impresses me more than being able to fit a dishwasher in it.

So much want :|

[video=youtube_share;otuI3HI0U2E]https://youtu.be/otuI3HI0U2E[/video]

Back
Top Bottom