Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 119 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

Correct, the "base" Tesla, when finally available with similar range to Bolt will be $31,600 with rebate, and still far more appealing then a Bolt

far far more appealing, faster and much more desirable than a Bolt

How do you spell disruption?

T-E-S-L-A

Every time you post here.....

c093fb2fe79792594008bc364ff5ce33.jpg

Brian P said:
US$56k with essentially no choices to be made other than what colour and whether you want the future autopilot system.

$56USD = $72,300CDN. That’s the minimum any Model3 is gonna cost you right now.

All those who put down their deposit based on the expected $45KCDN (after exchange) initially advertised price are sure gonna be ****** really soon when they get the news.

That aside, there’s many starting to doubt that the mythical $35K Model 3 will ever even arrive anymore.

Why some want to pleasure themselves to a car that doesn’t even exist yet (and may never) and continually compare it to one that actually does...I can’t understand. The reality is that for the next few years it’s comparing a car that you actually buy and drive to the automotive equivalent of vaporware.

Tesla’s having a really, really bad week...

https://www.bloombergquint.com/mark...nd-debt-drop-as-model-3-lags-u-s-probes-crash

Moody’s Investors Service downgraded Tesla’s corporate family rating to B3, six levels into junk, and said its outlook on the company is negative. The company cited “the significant shortfall in the production rate of Tesla’s Model 3” and liquidity pressures as two chief concerns.
“The negative outlook reflects the likelihood that Tesla will have to undertake a large, near-term capital raise in order to refund maturing obligations and avoid a liquidity short-fall,” the analysts wrote.

That’s marketspeak for “They night end up bankrupt”.

Still making under 1000 M3’s a week.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure that if a Bolt needs a wheel bearing or a set of shocks a few years down the road, you'll be able to get parts at the local Chevy dealer or any parts jobber.

P.S. If you own shares in a company and the company sells more shares to raise capital, it dilutes the equity of the existing shareholders. It's not so bad if the company is selling shares to raise capital to buy something that increases the value of the organization, but if it's to fund operations ... look out. Translation: you lose.

I don't own TSLA nor am I short TSLA nor do I have any indirect position through options. Won't touch them with a ten foot pole.

$56USD = $72,300CDN. That’s the minimum any Model3 is gonna cost you right now.

All those who put down their deposit based on the expected $45KCDN (after exchange) initially advertised price are sure gonna be ****** really soon when they get the news.

That aside, there’s many starting to doubt that the mythical $35K Model 3 will ever even arrive anymore.

Why some want to pleasure themselves to a car that doesn’t even exist yet (and may never) and continually compare it to one that actually does...I can’t understand. The reality is that for the next few years it’s comparing a car that you actually buy and drive to the automotive equivalent of vaporware.

Not quite. A little off on your pricing. From the tesla FAQ page.. .all figures in cdn dollars before rebate

Our first Model 3 in production comes with a long-range battery, 499 km of range, rear-wheel drive and premium upgrades throughout, beginning at $64,100. In early 2019, we will introduce the option for a standard battery with 354 km of range and standard equipment, beginning at $45,600.

For those waiting for the cheaper version. Will be worth the wait. If you haven't seen one in person, you will be blown away at the style and design. O to 60 in under 6 seconds to boot.

No autopilot capability in that price (Not that I would buy that anyhow). With that taken out, the price conversion is accurate.

Base models Won't be built until they have cleared the order backlog, just watch. By the time that happens, more players will be on the market.

Tesla’s having a really, really bad week...

https://www.bloombergquint.com/mark...nd-debt-drop-as-model-3-lags-u-s-probes-crash

That’s marketspeak for “They night end up bankrupt”.

Still making under 1000 M3’s a week.

I have to say that I don't share your view, but Tesla stock is just that ... up and down, someone or something squeaks.

Yes, they have issues with the ramp up, but think about this way. 10 year old company already added at the current "slow" production rate about 50000 cars to the market they have not had a year ago. They are doing something right. And lets be honest, if it's not for Tesla, you don't have your Volt, somebody else doesn't have their Bolt and I certainly don't drive my EV. That's just a fact .... I am always willing to give them props, even though, I don't always agree with everything they do regarding their cars.

Will they make the base model ever? ... yes they will, but it will take time ... but they have to make one, otherwise there would be a plethora of people claiming false advertising, and you know how litigate happy states are.

No autopilot capability in that price (Not that I would buy that anyhow). With that taken out, the price conversion is accurate.

Base models Won't be built until they have cleared the order backlog, just watch. By the time that happens, more players will be on the market.

Totally agree ... regarding AP as well as base model. Most people who want base model will either change their mind about it and upgrade or will move to a brand whose car is a less fleshy, but makes a lot more economic sense and gets the job done just the same way.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure that if a Bolt needs a wheel bearing or a set of shocks a few years down the road, you'll be able to get parts at the local Chevy dealer or any parts jobber.

P.S. If you own shares in a company and the company sells more shares to raise capital, it dilutes the equity of the existing shareholders. It's not so bad if the company is selling shares to raise capital to buy something that increases the value of the organization, but if it's to fund operations ... look out. Translation: you lose.

I don't own TSLA nor am I short TSLA nor do I have any indirect position through options. Won't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Can you really say though that Tesla by raising capital is not increasing the value of the organization by constantly improving the production line and anything related to it? It's not like they are raising capital to buy raw material ... or is that what someone is now claiming? They will need more money to start manufacturing model Y at some point and the semi ... but this clearly would raise their value even further up.

Not related to Tesla at all but due to some shifting priorities I’m really considering a Volt....

It’d be quite a change going from a diesel F250 to a PHEV compact car but the idea of not paying for fuel is really growing on me. Getting out of racing for a while means I have no towing to do and really no reason have this truck (as much as I like it) and I could probably sell it and buy a Gen 1 Volt for around the same $.

Found this on the Google... not too shabby lookin. (Although I’d get the hatch, not the sedan)

5ef93efd271142e6b90a8b37aa65c238.jpg

Last edited:
It's growing on a lot of people. It makes sense, especially if you don't need towing.

BTW ... There's no hatch or sedan choice to be made when speaking of Volt. It's just one offering ...

It's growing on a lot of people. It makes sense, especially if you don't need towing.

BTW ... There's no hatch or sedan choice to be made when speaking of Volt. It's just one offering ...

It could tow a bike on a light trailer for trackdays or dirt riding. My commute is 19km one way so well within the range of the 1st Gen Volt to make it to work and home again.

Interesting, I thought there was a sedan model. Some Kijiji listings have some erroneous information.

Interesting, I thought there was a sedan model. Some Kijiji listings have some erroneous information.

Easy mistake to make, it looks like a sedan, but is actually a hatch.

Commute and light trailering will certainly work.

The car listings anywhere for PHEV or BEV are usually full of crap info, so I am not surprised. My Soul EV apparently has CVT transmission, I have learned from one posting ... LOL

Easy mistake to make, it looks like a sedan, but is actually a hatch.

Although I do always wish, they really made a proper hatch, like Cruz or something like that ... the space in the back of Volt is just really small.

Commute and light trailering will certainly work.

The car listings anywhere for PHEV or BEV are usually full of crap info, so I am not surprised. My Soul EV apparently has CVT transmission, I have learned from one posting ... LOL

I wish there were some tax incentives for buying used!! Haha. Wishful thinking.

I was considering downsizing to a Tacoma but even then if gas is north of $1.50/L in the near future it’ll suck to drive that too.

Although I do always wish, they really made a proper hatch, like Cruz or something like that ... the space in the back of Volt is just really small.

You mean like a Bolt? ;)

Give it time, three years from now the landscape will be massively different. Between all the mainstream manufacturers you'll probably be able to get just about any type of vehicle you want.

There can't be anyone around here who's more knowledgeable about buying a used Volt than PrivatePilot, and he did investigate the buying in the US option. Where are you PP?

True story.

I vaguely remember some discussion about importing but after thousands of posts I’m not about to go searching for that info!

I’d be nice to have some sort of “Volt buyers guide” so I know what to ask for and what to check.

Back
Top Bottom