Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 129 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

reposting.jpg

Sunny apparently lives in the same reality distortion field that Musk lives in.

I guess that explains a few things.

I noticed you continue to treat EM unfairly. I have tolerated it until now, somewhat, but today you crossed the red line (just like Trump says of anyone disagreeing with him). You put big Elon in the same bag with Sunny? Like really? ..... LOL LOL LOL ... btw, I must say I like Musk's distorted field so much more than Sunny's Honda twisted world.

Perhaps, considering the picture you used, it really should have said ... "Sunny apparently lives in the same reality distortion field that Trump lives in." ... common, have a little respect for EM? ... :)

Uh... Nope -- Fuelly.com can filter by engine type, I choose the Canadian standards 1.4T for the Cruze (7.5l/100) and 2.0NA for the Civic (8.5l/100). The Cruse Diesel is 6.0, a Civic needs 42% more fuel than that.

What about the civic 1.5 turbo?

My respect for Musk dwindles more every time he makes an announcement that clearly is not based in reality, which particularly in the last 12-18 months is increasing in frequency specific to Tesla.

Here Mike, I did some more research for you.

Fuelly isn't a good guide, well, unless you don't like accuracy. They dont take into account different factors, driving styles, etc. just an avg from random drivers and who knows how they calculated their fuel economy?

Lets look at 2 comparison tests, Cruze vs Civic 2.0 and Cruze vs Civic 1.5T

Here we have 2 figures, EPA, and their real world combined fuel economy. This is more accurate and realistic, as in their test, just about everything is identical. Same transmission type, same weather conditions, same test days, same drivers. same gas even. etc.

Civic 2.0 vs Cruze https://www.caranddriver.com/compar...ng-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-7

on their 800 mile trip, no doubt with varying conditions, grades, and such, both cars record 33mpg combined. EPA numbers are neck and neck. I fail to see the 13% Cruze gain in real world testing from a magazine that prides itself on its numbers.

Civic 1.5T manual vs Cruze manual Hatchbacks. https://www.caranddriver.com/compar...ng-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-6

with the Turbo, the Civic bests the Cruze in a 400mile combined trip by 5 mpg! Epa of the Civic is marginally better too.

Add to that, the turbo Civic has 27 more hp, a far better sorted chassis 93g vs the Cruze 85g, better brakes, better 0-60 time, and the resale of the Civic is far superior so you'll get more for you money down the road.

Its quite clear, which car is better engineered and I call BS on the Cruze having 13% better fuel.

Last edited:
Lol, Honda

I've really enjoyed about 120 pages of this 129 page thread, but I'm done with it if a select few are going to just troll it now.

Since page 1 I've just wanted to have a meaningful fact based discussion based around real world realities and facts surrounding EV's but I tire of the trolling - despite the stupidity of much of it I've managed to ignore or tolerate it for the most part (heck, the thread has lasted over a year), but I'm done.

I've had good and bad things to say about all the EV's discussed in this thread (yes, even our own Volts) because I'm basing my discussion around having an open minded fact based discussion about all things EV, and all the different manufacturers making them, but now we're off in ****ing left field discussing the minutiae of crap that isn't even based in reality much of the time solely because some here insist their brand has a bigger dick than others brands.

I always make an effort to see (and respect) both sides of anything I discuss online. I pride myself in having an open mind and trying to keep personal bias mostly out of things (sometimes unsuccessfully I'll admit, but I keep it within reason and reality), but again, this thread is spending too much time in troll territory now and it sucks the enjoyment out of it anymore - it takes a high speed crash into a manure pile every time it happens and I'm done (as are others, I suspect) trying to get it back on track any longer.

Ciao. 129 and out.

I've really enjoyed about 120 pages of this 129 page thread, but I'm done with it if a select few are going to just troll it now.

Since page 1 I've just wanted to have a meaningful fact based discussion based around real world realities and facts surrounding EV's but I tire of the trolling - despite the stupidity of much of it I've managed to ignore or tolerate it for the most part (heck, the thread has lasted over a year), but I'm done.

I've had good and bad things to say about all the EV's discussed in this thread (yes, even our own Volts) because I'm basing my discussion around having an open minded fact based discussion about all things EV, and all the different manufacturers making them, but now we're off in ****ing left field discussing the minutiae of crap that isn't even based in reality much of the time solely because some here insist their brand has a bigger dick than others brands.

I always make an effort to see (and respect) both sides of anything I discuss online. I pride myself in having an open mind and trying to keep personal bias mostly out of things (sometimes unsuccessfully I'll admit, but I keep it within reason and reality), but again, this thread is spending too much time in troll territory now and it sucks the enjoyment out of it anymore - it takes a high speed crash into a manure pile every time it happens and I'm done (as are others, I suspect) trying to get it back on track any longer.

Ciao. 129 and out.

Just add him to your ignore list. He doesn't contribute anything of value.

Here Mike, I did some more research for you.

Fuelly isn't a good guide, well, unless you don't like accuracy. They dont take into account different factors, driving styles, etc. just an avg from random drivers and who knows how they calculated their fuel economy?

Lets look at 2 comparison tests, Cruze vs Civic 2.0 and Cruze vs Civic 1.5T

Here we have 2 figures, EPA, and their real world combined fuel economy. This is more accurate and realistic, as in their test, just about everything is identical. Same transmission type, same weather conditions, same test days, same drivers. same gas even. etc.
Civic 2.0 vs Cruze https://www.caranddriver.com/compar...ng-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-7 on their 800 mile trip, no doubt with varying conditions, grades, and such, both cars record 33mpg combined. EPA numbers are neck and neck. I fail to see the 13% Cruze gain in real world testing from a magazine that prides itself on its numbers.

Civic 1.5T manual vs Cruze manual Hatchbacks. https://www.caranddriver.com/compar...ng-performance-data-and-complete-specs-page-6 with the Turbo, the Civic bests the Cruze in a 400mile combined trip by 5 mpg! Epa of the Civic is marginally better too.

Add to that, the turbo Civic has 27 more hp, a far better sorted chassis 93g vs the Cruze 85g, better brakes, better 0-60 time, and the resale of the Civic is far superior so you'll get more for you money down the road.

Its quite clear, which car is better engineered and I call BS on the Cruze having 13% better fuel.
Sunny... you've had way too much Koolaid.

The comparison you posted pretty much says it -- Honda Civic finished behind the Cruze in virtually every metric (Civic LX goes to-to-toe with the Elantra). The reason they compare the Cruze 1.5t to the Civic 2.0NA is because those are the standard platforms for each maker, they are close in price and performance.

Honda's SI 1.5t is a different car, it's also $10K (50%) more expensive than the Civic LX. GM 1.4t tunes to 200hp and 250lbs of torque on a stage 1 remap (300 bucks). Spend another 2K on tires and brakes for the Cruze and your SI goes home like a wimpering puppy.

As for Fuelly, I'm guessing their hundreds of samples are statistically more viable than a Motorag's sample of 1.

Sunny... you've had way too much Koolaid.

The comparison you posted pretty much says it -- Honda Civic finished behind the Cruze in virtually every metric (Civic LX goes to-to-toe with the Elantra). The reason they compare the Cruze 1.5t to the Civic 2.0NA is because those are the standard platforms for each maker, they are close in price and performance.

Honda's SI 1.5t is a different car, it's also $10K (50%) more expensive than the Civic LX. GM 1.4t tunes to 200hp and 250lbs of torque on a stage 1 remap (300 bucks). Spend another 2K on tires and brakes for the Cruze and your SI goes home like a wimpering puppy.

As for Fuelly, I'm guessing their hundreds of samples are statistically more viable than a Motorag's sample of 1.

Add him to your ignore list!

You and I have differing views on many things but I feel like I can actually engage in a rational debate with you... not so with Sunny.

Ciao. 129 and out.
I don't really blame you. However I do want to thank you. Although I haven't bought an ev or phev, they are now firmly in my mind for my next vehicle simply because of what I have learned here in the last year.
I have watched as member after member has participated in this thread and subsequently purchased a Volt or similar.
I'd say that this thread was extremely educational and a great success, despite some others best attempts.
Thanks PP!

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I don't really blame you. However I do want to thank you. Although I haven't bought an ev or phev, they are now firmly in my mind for my next vehicle simply because of what I have learned here in the last year.
I have watched as member after member has participated in this thread and subsequently purchased a Volt or similar.
I'd say that this thread was extremely educational and a great success, despite some others best attempts.
Thanks PP!

I second this.

I never really looked closely at the Volts (or other PHEVs) until I saw this discussion. As soon as my moto is sold I'll be shopping for a 1st Gen Volt.

This thread did have us looking at the real possibility of a phev. We opted for a Hybrid instead. And I have to admit, I wouldn’t even have thought of a Hybrid before this thread.

No matter the brand, they all make turds from time to time. Honda is no exception. You can’t blindly purchase based on brand loyalty. It’s just stupid.

I like Honda. They assemble cars here in Ontario. But, they have missed the mark at times.

There isn’t one brand that has home runs for everything they make. Domestic or foreign, they do some things well and others not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread did have us looking at the real possibility of a phev. We opted for a Hybrid instead. And I have to admit, I wouldn’t even have thought of a Hybrid before this thread.

No matter the brand, they all make turds from time to time. Honda is no exception. You can’t blindly purchase based on brand loyalty. It’s just stupid.

I like Honda. They assemble cars here in Ontario. But, they have missed the mark at times.

There isn’t one brand that has home runs for everything they make. Domestic or foreign, they do some things well and others not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody is mistake free, especially car manufacturers ... brand blindness is one of the worst diseases out there ... :-(

My respect for Musk dwindles more every time he makes an announcement that clearly is not based in reality, which particularly in the last 12-18 months is increasing in frequency specific to Tesla.

I was just joshing you .... :) ... I know how you feel about him. I am willing to give him a much wider slack than many people here or elsewhere, and I don't even intend to buy Tesla car or shares, probably ever. But I recognize the fact that if it was not for him, this thread would easily not exist, and the cars some of purchased would probably still not be available for sale today .... he caused a lot of the good stuff we all like. That's all ...

Thanks PP!

Agreed. While I'm not looking to buy EV at this time, or probably even in the next 5-7 years, I have learned a lot about the segment thanks to this thread. I probably would have paid little to no attention to the segment otherwise.

Haven’t found any Gen 1 volts for sale locally but a Chev dealership had a new Volt on the lot. I stopped asked to push some buttons and sit in it.

I’m quite happy that it doesn’t feel too small inside. Hatch is nice and big. Seats are comfy. Technically there are 3 seats in the back but in reality there are only two.

Very nice car. It was an LT with leather interior, heated seats and heated steering wheel.

Sticker was $43K

Coming off Golf hatchback, I didn't find the space in the back big. Plus the back is really slanted, less boxy ... which takes some usable space away in my opinion.

You know why they put the imaginary 3rd seat to the second row? .... you can thank the government rebate BS rules .... 5 seaters are entitled to more money than 4 seaters, even though they really can sit only 4 adults and a cat or small dog. When you have a government formula to beat to maximize your rebate, who cares how many adults it can sit .... LOL

Back
Top Bottom