Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 128 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

88,000 km on a 2017. Someone drove a lot.

Edit: Looks like it’s been for sale for a while, look in the background of the pics - leafs and grass. Perhaps a dealer that had it listed high like everybody else and finally came to the realization that if they want to sell it they’ve got to lower the price.

Looks like a private sale but yes, pics do not appear to be recent.

Looks like a private sale but yes, pics do not appear to be recent.

The part that makes me wonder about that is the fact that it says financing available.

I’m almost wondering if it’s a curbsider or something with loose ties to a dealer.

Anyone have an opinion of the IONIQ PHEV?

Base model starts at $32K, so around $20K after rebates for a brand new car?

As mentioned, only $7K rebate on the ioniq, so $25K before taxes. And yes, the range. That said, my gen Volt is 55KM range and it gets the job done for me pretty much every day of the week, so the Ioniq with 47KM could work for someone more urban...but for basically $5K more you can have a Gen2 Volt with more than twice the electric range.

I'm curious now as to what the interior of the Ioniq is like compared to the Volt and also what kind of dash/display info is there.

Having the Apple Car Play standard in the Volt is pretty sweet for just plugging in my phone and using the Google Maps all the while charging the phone. Today I must have gotten about 95km out of one charge.

My sister got her response - the best they would do was MAYBE $2K off their asking price.

Still crazy to buy a 2 year old volt with 50,000KM on it at that price. Unless they find a sucker that car will rot on the lot.

As mentioned, only $7K rebate on the ioniq, so $25K before taxes. And yes, the range. That said, my gen Volt is 55KM range and it gets the job done for me pretty much every day of the week, so the Ioniq with 47KM could work for someone more urban...but for basically $5K more you can have a Gen2 Volt with more than twice the electric range.

I'm 99.9% sure the rebate is an after tax rebate. So 32,000 plus 13% then subtract the $7000. Not a huge difference on the Ioniq but does make a pretty good difference when some of the others are looking at used vs new Volt's.

^^ That is correct.
And now $13k rebate off the Volt instead of the $14k earlier.
At that rate, a Volt LT pure stock could be had for about $32.5k OTD after gov and dealer rebates.

How come the rebate on the Ioniq is only $7k?? That’s weird.

Oh well. Car looks nice. On par with the volt I’d say. I saw a few of Hybrid Ioniq demos for sale on Kijiji but none of the PHEV versions.

Also factor in seating capacity. The Volt barely squeaks by with it's 5th seat.

I guess with battery range ever developing, the amount of rebate offered will also keep changing (election notwithstanding)

Taken from http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/electric-vehicle-rebate.shtml:
Incentives for eligible battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) are now determined based on each vehicle’s all-electric range and seating capacity.
The updated incentives vary from $5,000 to $14,000;
Incentives will no longer be provided for PHEVs or BEVs with a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $75,000 or more; and
Incentives will no longer be provided for PHEVs or BEVs leased for less than three years.

I'm curious now as to what the interior of the Ioniq is like compared to the Volt and also what kind of dash/display info is there.

Had a good look at the Volt at the auto show. That interior is horrendous. cheap looking and plasticky.

If you can swing it, check out the Clarity, gets very close electric range to the Volt, Acura level quality of interior, proper and roomy seating for 5, drives like an Accord, and the 13k discount along with legendary Honda quality and reliability.

Problem is, I hear dealers are having trouble keeping them on lots.

Had a good look at the Volt at the auto show. That interior is horrendous. cheap looking and plasticky.

If you can swing it, check out the Clarity, gets very close electric range to the Volt, Acura level quality of interior, proper and roomy seating for 5, drives like an Accord, and the 13k discount along with legendary Honda quality and reliability.

I'll agree that Honda has great build quality, but at the end of the day it's TCO that counts. 10 years ago I'd agree with you, a GM product had lower build quality, lower customer satisfaction an, higher TCO -- and that was reflected in resale values. Not so today. A comparable Civic LX costs about 5K more than a Cruze LT out the door, and uses 13% more fuel (fuelly.com). Both have a 5 year depreciation rate of 58% (Autotrader). 10 years ago there would have been no argument, it would be all Honda -- today Chev has them beat on ownership economics, maybe a first for North American's in the small car market.

The Volt has proven to be dependable and so far is outselling it's competitors by a long shot. Clarity doesn't have the dependability edge or cost of ownership edge, and it's got one big obstacle -- it's so damn ugly!

Clarity doesn't have the dependability edge or cost of ownership edge, and it's got one big obstacle -- it's so damn ugly!

This has been something I have seen a lot within this market segment. Most of the EVs don't interest me at all because they either look stupid, or just way too boring IMO. I think the Volt nailed it as far as appearances go. The IONIQ also looks pretty decent but not as good as the Volt.

All the other EVs I've looked at do nothing for me. If I wasn't a gear head at all, and it was merely transportation, the others might be viable options (either that or a 2004 Corolla) but I simply can't drive a boring car.

LOL

I don't think you're looking at the same Volt as everyone else.

LOL

The Clarity looks ok from the B-Pillar forward. The back of the car is awful.

When I look at a Clarity its the same reaction as looking at Prius ​Well that's f**cking boring.

Edit: Just saw that the center display in the Clarity is a tablet stuck onto the dash. What was someone saying about a cheap looking interior?????

2017_honda_clarity_22_2560x1440.jpg

Last edited:
LOL

Yup, when I saw that post I thought it was a new guy because of his new avatar, and thought to myself "he went to a different auto show than I went to".

Then I noticed his name and realized nope, different planet LOL.

A comparable Civic LX more than a Cruze LT, and uses 13% more fuel (fuelly.com).

lol, I could pick out so many wrongs in your post, but I'll focus on this one because it made me smile.

the 2018 Cruze fuelly includes the diesel version hence the higher overall avg mpg....

carry on,,,,,

lol, I could pick out so many wrongs in your post, but I'll focus on this one because it made me smile.

the 2018 Cruze fuelly includes the diesel version hence the higher overall avg mpg....

carry on,,,,,
Uh... Nope -- Fuelly.com can filter by engine type, I choose the Canadian standards 1.4T for the Cruze (7.5l/100) and 2.0NA for the Civic (8.5l/100). The Cruse Diesel is 6.0, a Civic needs 42% more fuel than that.

Back
Top Bottom