Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 148 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

I drove from London to (near) Windsor and back on Saturday so that was 430km in one day. 51km of which was on battery.

Previous to that I had used 0.4L of fuel in 4 weeks since my last fill up and did almost 1200km. I still have 1/3 of a tank of fuel so after 1600km so I should be able to go a while longer before I need to fill up again.

Before I go poking through the classifieds in the states, are used Bolts starting to come up from time to time?
Love the shift from Honda with the Accord/Insight hybrids. Tiny battery pack under the rear seats, zero loss of space in the trunk, petrol engine mainly acting as a generator to net 47-55mpg. Neither even looks offensive, and have very un-prius like premium interiors!

Giving it another generation, will we get one that plugs in or in an SUV?

And once again somebody is only reading headlines.

From the 2nd paragraph of the linked article:

"The decline is more a function of us diverting production to Canada and South Korea, coupled with low stocks in the U.S.," GM spokesman Jim Cain told CNBC in an email. "We're still proceeding with the Q4 production increase we announced in the last sales release." Cain added that investors should expect lower U.S. sales for 2018 but higher global sales.

So, US sales are down, global sales are up, all done on purpose. The speculation is that the US sales are deliberately being slowed down to push back the tax credit reduction that starts once GM reaches certain EV production thresholds.

The sky may be falling (see Climate Catastrophe thread), but Bolt (and EV) sales are in fact just fine.

Selling a set of 16” steelies with winter tires AND TMPS sensors to fit a 1st Gen Volt.

I found a nice set of alloys with winter tires I’d like to use instead. I’m selling this set just to pay for the TPMS sensors to go in the new set.

Wheels are OEM and fit perfectly.

Tires are ok. A little weather cracking and one tire has two punctures that should be fixed properly. One tire also needs to be flipped on the rim as it was mounted backwards. I have 3 LH and one RH direction.

$350 for the set.

a4e9b4f48388e8dab9ea5ef99ba19d34.jpg

2e96a1582f5895bf9a7a182c887c67cd.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm. Interested.

Can you elaborate on the “2 punctures”?

I was tipped off to this on another forum: https://epc.teslamotors.com/#/catalogs

If this means Tesla is now allowing independent workshops and/or individuals to order parts ... that is a really good move (and it fixes one of the big objections I have had to the way Tesla does business).

Anyone own a Tesla that needs a part, and can fill in how this works to the rest of us?

Anyone own a Tesla that needs a part, and can fill in how this works to the rest of us?

I hear rear bumpers are sold out and on backorder already.

;)

Wow,....

China bans all ICE vehicles by 2030 .....Norway by 2025 !!!!!

ChargePoint, which operates one of the world’s largest charging station grids for electric vehicles, expects to split a major expansion plan equally between Europe and its home market the United States, its chief executive said.

The company said in September it was aiming for 2.5 million charging points globally by 2025

https://www.oann.com/chargepoint-gives-europe-equal-billing-in-electric-car-grid-plan/

Well, not quite: https://qz.com/1341155/nine-countri...-combustion-engines-none-have-a-law-to-do-so/

Unquestionably, there will be greater and greater restrictions on combustion engine vehicles, but until the tech really is capable of being all things to all people (which is currently not the case), and are capable of being built in large enough volumes (there are constraints on some of the materials involved), they're not going to get banned.

Everyone with a shred of sensibility would prefer that EVs get better and better (which is happening) so that they naturally take a greater and greater market share (which has been happening although at a slow pace and not without huge incentives) and the necessary infrastructure gets built out simply because of increasing demand.

People hate getting stuff rammed down their throats. Forcing manufacturers to build stuff before it's really ready for prime time never works out well, either. This results in consumer backlash ... sometimes delaying actual progress.

The big EV market share in norway is only due to enormous financial incentives.

Took a trip with my wife up to a resort for the weekend. Furthest and longest I've drove my Volt on gas since a trip to Baltimore last January.

resorttripvolt.jpg

Still better than same year average Prius fuel economy too. And not a turd Prius.
hehe.gif

I love this car.

I did 570km last Friday.

Windy, snowy, and rainy... almost all highway with the cruise set at 110. 5.9L/100km while using gas.

OAN? Never heard of it.Fake news!

Back
Top Bottom