Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 137 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

1st electric commute in the books and so far I love this car!

Update on the rough idle issue.
After replacing the MAF sensor and upstream O2 sensor it has been running great. No misfires or hiccups, but the CEL came back on. Pulled the code and it's a P0420 which typically indicates a failed cat. While replacing the O2 sensor I did notice that the exhaust manifold (with integrated cat) and hardware looked newer than the rest of the exhaust.

After doing some more digging I have discovered that the exhaust manifold currently installed is most likely for a Cruze and is most likely aftermarket (and thus, garbage). Luckily, it looks as though replacing it will be a fairly straight forward job that I an do in the driveway.

Interesting. Driving too long with a misfire can take out the cat. IIRC, an exhaust manifold leak can also cause 0420 by introducing oxygen.

The big downside of the Volt is it adds all potential ICE problems to all potential EV problems.

Last edited:
by the time you recoup your money from all the repairs, you just might break even by driving electrically for a few years....

I recall another forum member had to sink a bit of coin into a failed electric car transmission problem, I believe.

I'd stick to new, own/lease it for the length of the warranty, then consider if its worth keeping in the long run. Car repairs of any type suck.

Windows are getting tinted today. Found some winter tires and rims that I can mount while the OEM wheels get blasted and powdercoated black.

On Saturday I'll be replacing the aftermarket exhaust manifold with OEM. Watching the downstream O2 sensor voltage on my phone showed a cat that wasn't really doing anything.

A tow made a sudden left infront of me and I clipt him with my Volt. Car is in the body shop for a few weeks and I have a 2018 Chevy Cuze Sedan for a rental.

I forgot how expensive and annoying putting gas in a car regularly can be :(

I forgot how expensive and annoying putting gas in a car regularly can be :(

Your perspective really changes after driving and EV for a while doesn't it?

I bet you sure forgot how annoying or forgetting plugging in a car every night can be

You seem to be the only person who thinks this is an issue. Taking 5 seconds to plug in the car in my garage sure beats freezing my *** off pumping gas for a couple of minutes in the winter. I don't miss that at all.

You seem to be the only person who thinks this is an issue. Taking 5 seconds to plug in the car in my garage sure beats freezing my *** off pumping gas for a couple of minutes in the winter. I don't miss that at all.

^^ exactly.

Back
Top Bottom