Remote plate cover.... really! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Remote plate cover.... really!

Saw a guy a few years back get nailed at a red light cam. Snow storm, driving along in a reasonable fashion, cab to his right lost it when the light turned red and came into his lane. This guy did an amazing job avoiding the collision, but in doing so slid straight into the intersection triggering camera.... how much you want to bet the ticket stuck. Problem with this type of enforcement is it leaves no room for subjectivity when due.

$110 fine if you forget to lower it again and your friendly neighborhood LEO happens to notice. And probably a lifetime of extra scrutiny for any vehicle registered in your name for the remainder of your days.

I know neither of those matter much to some who are using flips for more nefarious purposes, but it'll just be a matter of time (given the proliferation of flips on MC's and blackout/disguising covers on cars) that something along the lines of the $1000 Florida Fines end up heading north.

Cue the "They can't ticket you if they don't catch you" comments.

Last edited:
$110 fine if you forget to lower it again and your friendly neighborhood LEO happens to notice. And probably a lifetime of extra scrutiny for any vehicle registered in your name for the remainder of your days.

I know neither of those matter much to some who are using flips for more nefarious purposes, but it'll just be a matter of time (given the proliferation of flips and blackout/disguising covers) that something along the lines of the http://www.ejdirga.com/traffic_tickets/motorcycles.htmhttp://www.ejdirga.com/traffic_tickets/motorcycles.htm end up heading north.

Cue the "They can't ticket you if they don't catch you" comments.

Reading the entire article, much of the fines seem light compared to our current laws, outside of the plate portion, lol

Ends on this. I like it.

Most police officers will work with us on these because they are people too and they realize that the fines are way out-of-line

I've always wanted to put a bright light pointing up at the 407 cameras. Problem is, I would take the same entrance every day and get caught sooner or later.

As much as I resent the whole 407 debacle... Actively hiding your plate is the same as shop lifting.

As much as I resent the whole 407 debacle... Actively hiding your plate is the same as shop lifting.

I Paul a lot of taxes for roads. I paid to have that built.
If I want to take that road. I will.

I Paul a lot of taxes for roads. I paid to have that built.
If I want to take that road. I will.

Like I said "the whole 407 dibacle".
You paid to build the skydome too... Are you going to sneak in there and watch a game?
Fact is the 407 is no longer a public road. Sure, try to cheat your way out of paying the tolls, but don't whine when you get caught.
Justify it all you want... It's theft.

Like I said "the whole 407 dibacle".
You paid to build the skydome too... Are you going to sneak in there and watch a game?
Fact is the 407 is no longer a public road. Sure, try to cheat your way out of paying the tolls, but don't whine when you get caught.
Justify it all you want... It's theft.

I'm sure there is something you are getting for free that you shouldn't be getting. Be it water. Movie channel or something.

If I know how to use the 407 without paying. Guess what I'm going to do. Come get me. If you can.

Back
Top Bottom