Motorcycle paint in Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle paint in Canada

warden

Does anyone know where to buy touch up paint in Canada? I know about colorrite but they're American and shipping paint over the border constitutes shipping dangerous goods. There used to be a place in Quebec but I believe they no longer do this.

Ive called a few different Honda dealers and been told there's really nothing they can do to help me.

The few autobody shops that I've called with the paint codes have told me they are unable to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ColorRite does have a Canadian distributor (or at least they did), based in Quebec...in the past I had ordered some touch up jars from them.

Not sure if it still exists, but if it does it should be listed on the ColorRite site, and all you'd need to do is call or email them and let them know the colour codes and type you need/want.

EDIT: nevermind, I found them and apparently they no longer do it (unless they still have remaining stock of your colour):
https://dpars.com/en/Paint

Last edited:
if its just chips and small scratches go to a hobby shop with a panel and you will find what you want. For about $5

A local auto supply shop here (whitelaws) will mix up custom aerosol cans by paint code. Not cheap but pretty good match ($25)

Someone will do it

Heard many have bad paint match from Colorite anyways. Try auto-parts stores as mentioned. Don't rule out touchup pens from Canadian Tire also as they usually carry a wide variety.
For chips or if you still don't find a match go to a higher-end beauty store for good nail-polish.

A lot of NAPA locations have extensive paint matching and production abilities. They have a scanning computer that they can place on existing paint and then the computer will formulate a match. They can do it either in a single stage (if the match can be done 100%, not all shades can be matched in a single stage), or in a 2 stage if necessary.

For single stage options they can either make it in a tin, or even a aerosol spray bomb if you want.

A lot of NAPA locations have extensive paint matching and production abilities. They have a scanning computer that they can place on existing paint and then the computer will formulate a match. They can do it either in a single stage (if the match can be done 100%, not all shades can be matched in a single stage), or in a 2 stage if necessary.

For single stage options they can either make it in a tin, or even a aerosol spray bomb if you want.

I believe only the ones that are CMAX Napa stores do the paint, custom color, and spray bombs, just the NAPA stores don't, they only carry what's already done, like Canadian Tire

The one in Brampton, I had to go and pay before they would even take my order, then 2 days latter I was able to come and pick it up

Noted. I know the one in Bowmanville does as does the one in Brighton so I had kinda assumed they all did.

A few years back they colour matched a pint for my wifes car when I was fixing the front bumper. Body shop wanted $2000 to fix it, ended up costing me a scrapyard bumper ($100), some sandpaper, and about $125 for the single stage paint, activator, etc. I sprayed it with my compressor/HPLV in my backyard and it came out absolutely amazing - I was blown away by how easy the new single stage paints were to apply actually - it actually came out looking factory.

Every city has an autobody paint supplier, most of them will also carry a small spray set called called a Preval. Its a glass jar with an aerosol pump that sprays a very professional pattern, much more control than a spray bomb, they cost about $18 and are reuseable.
Get what ever volume of paint you need and the appropriate reducer (thinner) and away you go.

Careful using nail polish ect for touchups, they often have acetone for quick drying and can bubble paint around the chip and maybe look worse.

Thanks everyone, I can't believe how difficult it is to find motorcycle paint in Canada. I guess it makes sense as it's not built or manufactured here, I just thought it would be easier to find the paint.

I did call Napa, long story short they are unable to make the paint from the paint codes but as was said above, I can bring in a flat panel and have them scan it and do the best colour match they can.

I ended up just finding a local autobody shop who said they'd do their best to match. I pick it up tomorrow so I'm hoping for the best!

Back
Top Bottom