Double header at Shubie ??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Double header at Shubie ???

KneeDragger_#16

Is it me, or nothing is mentioned on the schedule of a double header at Shubbenacadie ?!?!? :confused:

While many racers are discouraged by the famed “Roller Coaster” back straight at Atlantic Motorsport Park in Nova Scotia, Lawrence is looking forward to the July Superbike double header.

Guess they're doing the same as last year in St-Eustache ? If so, they did advertise it on schedule at least last year.

And if there is one, well then you are aware now lol;)

Unfortunately double header weekends are contingent on the track or event promoter's willingness to put up all the additional purse money. Some tracks likely take longer to make a decision on the additional investment.

I heard from a lobster that there is another double header that is not on the schedule. ;)

grew up 30min from there, never seen a bike race but been to a few outdoor concerts good times :cool:

I just don't get it... Not on the shcedule but hear of it on a press release that doesn't even have anything to do with the Schedule update.

Dang lobster should advertise it. Sucks arriving at a track and SURPRISE, one extra round of SBK !!!

Like finding out that you need a rain light while searching for something unrelated on the book of faces.

It actually was introduced in 2015, it was in fact a rule in 2016,, except it has to be available and meet FIM rules, So it was never pushed on riders and was more of a phaseing in thing. But if you have ever seen them in place, like Moto America,, you can't help but respect the rule. Especially on starts. A rain light vs running into the back of someone and getting run over,,,I'd take the light thanks. I know I have bought hundreds of freaking lights trying to find something that will work. So three years later and I finally found the right one. But my Christmas tree rocks now!
If you run a Double Header right you should save a set of tires as they usually have less practice sessions, so less tires needed. But that would be relevant to the top runners.I think I would rather go and run a double header over single event points. Bigger bang for the driving buck.
And OMG I wished it rained in Shuby last year,,60% humidity,,,now there is something I never thought I would say!

Last edited:
So it was a rule in 2016, but not in the 2016 rule book? Makes sense.
Yup pretty much how this sport works. And after 37 years you'll get use to it. Only three people working to get you racing in Ontario,, and all of them are over worked and under paid. So it's easy to lay judgement until one ventures down the road of running stuff. And as I have,,, I'll shake Colin,Ken and Chris's hand any day of the week. But then we could all go to Shuby and help them cut the grass and paint the bathrooms for the National,,and see how lucky we are here. There is not one person involved in running CSBK,SOAR or RACE that is over paid and under worked. So sometimes the little things don't get done the best way, but they get done. Look at SOAR,, with out all the good people helping Ken,, how much would get done. I know Ken is good, but Ken is not that good,,he does have good friends and they help catch the balls before they hit the ground. You could double their pay and they still would be under paid,,if they are paid at all. Same with CSBK and RACE,,,it may not make sense to some , but it is how you get racing which is better then no racing! Thank you CSBK,SOAR and RACE, thanks to all the people that help make them all happen. We are lucky.

yup pretty much how this sport works. And after 37 years you'll get use to it. Only three people working to get you racing in ontario,, and all of them are over worked and under paid. So it's easy to lay judgement until one ventures down the road of running stuff. And as i have,,, i'll shake colin,ken and chris's hand any day of the week. But then we could all go to shuby and help them cut the grass and paint the bathrooms for the national,,and see how lucky we are here. There is not one person involved in running csbk,soar or race that is over paid and under worked. So sometimes the little things don't get done the best way, but they get done. Look at soar,, with out all the good people helping ken,, how much would get done. I know ken is good, but ken is not that good,,he does have good friends and they help catch the balls before they hit the ground. You could double their pay and they still would be under paid,,if they are paid at all. Same with csbk and race,,,it may not make sense to some , but it is how you get racing which is better then no racing! Thank you csbk,soar and race, thanks to all the people that help make them all happen. We are lucky.

amen ! :)

If anyone needs help getting a bike out to Shubie let me know. I'll have room for a bike and gear.

Back
Top Bottom