Yamaha XSR700 transformer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha XSR700 transformer

Would be a lot less work and probably expense to just keep your fingers crossed that Yamaha brings the XSR700 here rather than do that much work to an FZ07, or just buy the XSR900 and have a REALLY fun time!

Speaking of the XSR700, I saw this article yesterday:

http://www.cycleworld.com/yamaha-xsr900-is-great-but-it-isnt-bike-you-want

Its such a shame that manufacturers can only look at previous sales data and determine that there is still no market for middle weight bikes. In NA, everyone either starts on a liter bike, or starts small and aspires to one eventually. According to their analysis; no one considers ridability, and everyone is more concerned with fatter tires and spouting stats at other people to impress them :\

... made me feel better about not being able to afford the XSR900, and keep on keepin' on with my SV650. I think its time for a GSXR front end swap...

Speaking of the XSR700, I saw this article yesterday:

http://www.cycleworld.com/yamaha-xsr900-is-great-but-it-isnt-bike-you-want

Its such a shame that manufacturers can only look at previous sales data and determine that there is still no market for middle weight bikes. In NA, everyone either starts on a liter bike, or starts small and aspires to one eventually. According to their analysis; no one considers ridability, and everyone is more concerned with fatter tires and spouting stats at other people to impress them :\

... made me feel better about not being able to afford the XSR900, and keep on keepin' on with my SV650. I think its time for a GSXR front end swap...

interesting article, and I agree the 700 is plenty of engine......I bought an FJ09 when they first came out,
without riding one first because they were all sold before they came out of the box that year,
now the bike is everything I thought it would be, very comfortable, capable of carrying luggage,
decent handling and braking. I figured being a 847cc triple there would be way more usable low and mid
range power than a 4 cylinder, and there is, but it still behaves like a rev happy 4, truly a fantastic engine,
but much effort is spent trying to stay under the speed limit whereas the 700 I imagine you have to push it a bit,
first season on the bike I picked up 2 tickets after having gone over 10 years without one

Back
Top Bottom