Need Advice. Dealership is refusing to honor warranty (car) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need Advice. Dealership is refusing to honor warranty (car)

Write your issue to:

www.ripoffreport.com

Make sure you use the dealership name and address as well as managers you talked to first and last names. Very important as once they are searched by name, their names will come up in RipoffReport.com Once RipoffReport.com has your link up, send the dealership President, sales manager and service manager the link to your ripoff report. Sit back and watch the action occur to get your problem resolved.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Im gonna look into this.

In truth, the dealer did not rip me off but VW needs to take this issue seriously and fix it.

Thanks for the link

did you contact OMVIC
file a report with them
seems like a no brainer to get fixed
play up the safety issues that it has to do with brakes not a cup holder and they are not taking it seriously
of course put everything in writing
I notice they also do not like to respond to emails so send a fax as proof you at the least notified them
fax is legal proof and a registered letter
email can be tricky

UPDATE:

The hard part is now what? It wouldve been much easier to fix if it was my car only by maybe going to a different dealer. But if they all have the same issue, im not sure who to go to other than contacting VW Canada.
Yeup, contact them again. The last time you spoke to them they were using the dealership's story v.1.0 as their excuse for inaction. Since the dealership story has changed, VW Canada needs to at least come up with a different excuse. Also as it now seems to be the manufacturer's problem, they should be the ones to let you know how they're going to resolve it.

Yeup, contact them again. The last time you spoke to them they were using the dealership's story v.1.0 as their excuse for inaction. Since the dealership story has changed, VW Canada needs to at least come up with a different excuse. Also as it now seems to be the manufacturer's problem, they should be the ones to let you know how they're going to resolve it.

Thanks fastar.

I did contact VW Canada again with the new report and they reopened the file (not sure why they had it closed in the first place) and they are supposed to contact the dealer again to confirm this is in fact an issue across this model and get back to me.

Hoping to get this escalated to push for an upgrade.

There's a good possibility this file is already working its way through the admin at VW Canada, and VW US, and VW AG, but the front line staff at customer service and the dealers are as much in the dark as customers, until the engineers actually have something useful to say about the problem and fix (which may be never).

But if it's a new problem then they could just be stuck at the stage where they determine if it's widespread enough to warrant in esting any resources in it at all. And there are many more ways a resolution could be impeded internally. My guess is they'll comfirm what the dealer said and tell you they'll get back to you when there's a development on the issue. Which would be months from now at best. Possibly never.

FWIW I've worked with a lot of different manufacturers at dealer and head office levels and VAG have been amongst the most customer-satisfaction oriented of them all.

Last edited:
There's a good possibility this file is already working its way through the admin at VW Canada, and VW US, and VW AG, but the front line staff at customer service and the dealers are as much in the dark as customers, until the engineers actually have something useful to say about the problem and fix (which may be never).

But if it's a new problem then they could just be stuck at the stage where they determine if it's widespread enough to warrant in esting any resources in it at all. And there are many more ways a resolution could be impeded internally. My guess is they'll comfirm what the dealer said and tell you they'll get back to you when there's a development on the issue. Which would be months from now at best. Possibly never.

FWIW I've worked with a lot of different manufacturers at dealer and head office levels and VAG have been amongst the most customer-satisfaction oriented of them all.

I hope they're taking this seriously since even just as an irritant issue, it reflects very poorly on any manufacturer that would ignore such a common issue with their brand new cars.

Bts, whats VAG? Im at work and not going to google it lol

But why would a case like OP's deal with VAG? At best it will be VW US ... it will never make it to VAG, as many other things don't.

But why would a case like OP's deal with VAG? At best it will be VW US ... it will never make it to VAG, as many other things don't.
I said VAG to include Audi, which both have excellent customer service standards in my experiemce).

Back
Top Bottom