Bots keep buying all the concert tickets | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bots keep buying all the concert tickets

Friends are going on a rock cruise this year. Tickets were sold out when we looked.
We'll probably hit up Bluesfest this year. There's a real eclectic mix of bands, and it's pay one price to enter.
We saw Rush, some parts of bands, and some lesser known, but good bands in times past.

Friends are going on a rock cruise this year. Tickets were sold out when we looked.
We'll probably hit up Bluesfest this year. There's a real eclectic mix of bands, and it's pay one price to enter.
We saw Rush, some parts of bands, and some lesser known, but good bands in times past.
friend is going on some rock cruise, i looked 3 days, $900(USD), booze is extra...

so you're saying the Ontario government will fix the concert ticket problem,
if allowed they will take all your money and "solve" all your problems...
don't ever invite the government into your life

friend is going on some rock cruise, i looked 3 days, $900(USD), booze is extra...
4 day NKOTB cruise STARTS @ $699 USD + $299 fees. Goes up to $3100/ticket. Find your own way to New Orleans.
That $900 cruise looks like a bargain.

Sent from the Purple Zone

and you need to get to where the boat is leaving from?
yes, travel to florida for most cruises is on your own dime
4 day NKOTB cruise STARTS @ $699 USD + $299 fees. Goes up to $3100/ticket. Find your own way to New Orleans.
That $900 cruise looks like a bargain.

dunno, they had rooms more expensive than that, it just started at 900 and went up, didn't bother reading the fine print for fees as i wasn't going to go. If I'm going on a cruise i want to just sit on the deck chair and have an endless supply of tasty beverages.

so you're saying the Ontario government will fix the concert ticket problem,
if allowed they will take all your money and "solve" all your problems...
don't ever invite the government into your life

So your solution is to do nothing? Not saying that the gov can or can't help but you aren't being helpful either.

I'm not sure what the solution would be to this problem. It's been around as long as time, and unless they tie a ticket to a credit card / official ID and only that person can use the ticket, or somehow designate it through a proper channel, not sure how this can be regulated. If they outlaw resellers, online or off, there's just going to be a new channel for selling them. When there's money to be made, people will find a way.

Or just make the tickets so damn expensive that there won't be any profit in re-selling them...like the Leafs just did with their Season Tickets...Price increase to help consumers...prevent re-selling...gouge you even more...

Look
There's gonna be cons to any possible solution
Have you tried going to a concert lately with 4 other people? Tickets are usually 4 person limit. That's a beetch.
Get sick and now no one can go because it's tied to your cc? Yeah, that sucks.
I'm not sure if this will ever affect me again, as the only person that I ever cared that much to see is now gone #RIPPrince
But I do think that the price of tickets are already insane. Add the scalpers/ resellers profit and I'm listening to the cd (Joe Bass don't do mp3 or whatever tf they call it now)

Pretty crazy still about Leafs tix. Was visiting my sis in Ottawa. She offered to take us to a Sens game (vs Buffalo maybe?) Would've cost us $100. Including 4 6"subs and 4 sodas. Some sort of Family Pack for some games.
I haven't paid for a Leafs game since the 90's and I won't start now.
Many of my coworkers would rather catch an OHL game.
Sorry getting off topic. But this also begs the question: do resellers have a right legally to profit from supply and demand?
And I know many people that just say eff it and go straight to StubHub for their tix.

So your solution is to do nothing? Not saying that the gov can or can't help but you aren't being helpful either.

no, doing nothing won't get you to a concert, realizing that our society has changed is more realistic

there has always been 2 levels of service for everything in the western world, one for the wealthy and one for the average

the difference wasn't that visible before, now it is because any schmo can pony up the extra dough for the better experience

so if you really want to go to a concert, be prepared to pay the extra for a ticket service, or don't go

'Saw skinny puppy / Love and Rockets at Fed. Hall UofW in '85...

Good times.
Off topic but wonder what ended up happening to Fed Hall. School reclaimed the building and took it away from Feds a few years ago, caused some controversy

Basic supply and demand...
If the tickets are selling out at the inflated prices.. that's what they're worth. It doesn't matter if you get rid of the resellers.. It wouldn't be long before the venues were selling them at those prices anyway. Why wouldn't they? it is what they're worth. They'll just create more packages, premium seats, etc...

The problem is that it's so easy to give in to the skimming. If someone offers to take 10% of your product every time, you don't have to deal with the hassles of that 10%. If you can get 10 people to do that . . .

Was buying Depeche Mode tickets 2 weeks ago. They mixed it up for the fan presale with seperate site that generated a code after promoting/buying DM. The fan presale was the first day of any sales. Anyways, all front rows weren't avaliable in Montréal, was in first group to buy those too. All front rows are reserved for vip packages in TO ($400/$946), but the packages weren't avaliable to buy (was in second group for those though) . It's frustrating when tickets aren't even sold and reserved for other parties. If you miss out on the presales, it's only resellers by the actual day of sale. My only real regret with DM is not trying to buy more cds to try & meet the band.
However i also noticed live nation/ticketmaster start restricting certain block of tickets to bring them back later as 'premium' seats for double cost. And it's directly available from them.

Okay, I haven't lost out on concert tickets - sold online - in more than a decade. I follow a simple procedure each time, and I always get in at the start of a sale. It doesn't help you get around presales and front of the line nonsense, but you get a fair opportunity to buy good tickets at ORIGINAL cost from the original seller. Perhaps this can help someone... Let's use Ticketmaster as an example.

Step 1) Set the clock on your computer to ATOMIC time. That's the time these sites use, and if you log in even 10 seconds after atomic time, you're toast. There are countless online sites that allow you to sync your computer to atomic time... find one, and do it 15 minutes before purchase time.

Step 2) Go to Ticketmaster and log in ten minutes in advance, and make sure your credit card information is up to date. DO NOT TRY to add credit card info AFTER selecting the tickets. It will often dump you out, or pass the tickets on to someone else and give you an error code.

Step 3) After logging in, go to the MAIN page and type your act into the search bar, BUT DO NOT HIT SEARCH until the atomic time hits the moment sales begin. I can not emphasize this enough, stay on the main page ( not the performer's page) and hit the search button the moment it hits 10am (for example.) If you do so beforehand you will get to the performer's page before sales start, and simply refreshing the performer's page does not work.

Step 4) Guess what... you're now near the front of the line. Choose your seats quickly. I recommend whatever number of "Best Available" and confirm your purchase, agree to stipulations and delivery method. Boom. You got good seats at regular price.

That's it, 4 steps. And as I said, I have not missed a concert in more than a decade. And I never sit in the upper bowl.

Good luck friends.

Back
Top Bottom