Bots keep buying all the concert tickets | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bots keep buying all the concert tickets

The wife goes to quite a few concerts.. and she likes to be upfront. She bought VIP packages for two of her favorite 80s bands last year... insane IMO... But kinda works for me though... because she can't say crap when she finds new toys in the garage.

You find me a genuine NES classic I'll drop $120 np. Damn scarce. Just picked up the Switch. Got it in preorder. Tempted to flip for profit, but, y'know, the kid.
And @rockerguy $100 for a concert ? I'm glad I usually win my way in. Last concert cost me 2x that. I blame that on Live Nation.

Sent from the Purple Zone

We took my nephew to a paw patrol play last weekend at 140 per ticket.

Heard that this morning on Boom.
When Prince came to Toronto the last time (RIP) you could only purchase 2 tix and the cardholder and the card used had to be present at the concert, or you weren't getting in. I know this may cause some issues, but would solve many others, including the bots.

Most of the tickets the wife buys can not be resold and they check IDs.. but others for the same show can be... So it is very possible if they really wanted to stop it. She just told me her Metallica tickets for this summer can't be scalped.
She doesn't usually buy from resellers... But she did have to for Tragically Hip last year.

@raginduck yeah Metallica did that for their Opera House show as well.

油井緋色;2480392 said:
I'm going to get flak for this but I flip electronics (I'm going to look into tickets now lol). Great examples are the Wii and PS3 going for 300% the MSRP during launch due to Nintendo and Sony ****ing up supply. Nvidia is also great for this as the manufacturers still see Canada as an after thought and always short stock us. Most recent, the Geforce 1070 sold for 133%-155% than the MSRP (this is a $600 gfx card that went for almost $1000 when flipped.)

The entire idea of flipping only works because people who are really rich, or really stupid, don't want to wait for a restock. Otherwise, I'd be left with deadweights where I have to sell for a loss and so would the ticket scalpers.

Oh, I doubt they were ****ing up supply.. I think it was probably more of a deliberate thing... for some reason.
When PS3 launched... There were about 250K sitting in a warehouse in Mississauga during the "shortage"... and hundreds of thousands more in various locations around the US...
Same with other launches.. PSP, etc...

@raginduck yeah Metallica did that for their Opera House show as well.

Yeah.. She told me that one was for charity.

I don't go with her... The last one I went to was Ben Harper a few years ago... although she gets "me" a ticket to most of the ones she goes to.. and then "has" to find a friend to use it.
No interest in seeing anyone in a big venue... But I will admit I would pay a lot to see a couple certain artists in a small venue.

People like my wife are your problem... She will pay to see who see wants to see. Ask her why... "what else am I going to spend my money on?"...
Then she'll tell you that she kinda likes it when prices are stupid high for some shows because the environment around her is different when people are paying that much to be there.
And there's a lot more that think just like her.. obviously.
Good luck, I hope they do put an end to it... but I doubt it very much.

100? I wish... I'm happy when the receipts are in the hundreds... not shocked if they're not.

I would pay a lot to see a couple certain artists in a small venue.

By far the best way to see a band.
Back when I did actually go out a lot I think the largest venue I ever went to was Varsity Arena to see Echo and the Bunnymen... Yeah I'm an 80's kid.
Think it was about 1987-88.
Other than that it was bars and a few concert halls.
Got to see quite a few artists before they became really big... Oh to be young again *sigh

I once paid $700 for two "One Direction" tickets... I was the best dad ever for about a week.

Last edited:
I once paid $700 for two "One Direction" tickets... I was the best dad ever for about a week.

Holy crap you got a whole week?!?! I already lost "best dad" status on the DRIVE HOME from picking up the Nintendo Switch last night ?

I will say one thing about big venues:
As much as I am all about the music, I do appreciate it to some extent when they add "extras" to a show. Whether it be pyro, dancers or in the case of the Peter Gabriel show a few years back, innovative choreography. If you were in the higher seats the stuff they did on stage was planned to be visually appealing from above as well.
That being said last few shows at Opera House that I went to, and even the Sony Centre were some of the best ever.

I saw Thornley at my University, I was so close I could smell his breath. I also went to see Matthew Good at a bar in Guelph. I didn't realize he was human until I saw him so close in the flesh.

I also saw Dallas Green for free when he performed at "The Edge" radio. Now I've got different hobbies

Holy crap you got a whole week?!?! I already lost "best dad" status on the DRIVE HOME from picking up the Nintendo Switch last night 

I will say one thing about big venues:
As much as I am all about the music, I do appreciate it to some extent when they add "extras" to a show. Whether it be pyro, dancers or in the case of the Peter Gabriel show a few years back, innovative choreography. If you were in the higher seats the stuff they did on stage was planned to be visually appealing from above as well.
That being said last few shows at Opera House that I went to, and even the Sony Centre were some of the best ever.

The paw patrol was at the Sony Center... While there, I thought to myself that I could enjoy a concert there... seats were pretty good, not that many people, and bar was very near/easy access... The wife saw Steven Tyler there last year and said it was good...
She says the same thing about big venues.
I might want to see Roger Waters later this year... If I do go... I'll spend whatever to make it the best show possible. That's only because it's rare for me to go.. That would be my first big venue.

The paw patrol was at the Sony Center... While there, I thought to myself that I could enjoy a concert there... seats were pretty good, not that many people, and bar was very near/easy access... The wife saw Steven Tyler there last year and said it was good...
She says the same thing about big venues.
I might want to see Roger Waters later this year... If I do go... I'll spend whatever to make it the best show possible. That's only because it's rare for me to go.. That would be my first big venue.
If I win Roger Waters tix you can be my +1 ?

I started as an undergrad in the wrong year...the year prior to mine had U2 as the band at the "frosh" concert.

I started as an undergrad in the wrong year...the year prior to mine had U2 as the band at the "frosh" concert.
86 ish?

BSMNAJ.jpg

I stopped buying tickets in T.O. a long time ago.

Went to a U2 concert to sit near the back because that was all we could get. They put a sound booth or something where our seats were supposed to be, so they moved us down to the front, right at the stage. People are morons, so they all decided to stand on their folding seats for the whole concert. One drunk even tried to stand on the back of a folding chair. He took out the whole row when he went down as they were all zip tied together. Speaking of zip tied, I went to the riot that started that whole trend in Toronto.

In my teens & early twenties, we used to hang out in Rock bars, but never went for the band, just the atmosphere.

I stopped buying tickets in T.O. a long time ago.

Went to a U2 concert to sit near the back because that was all we could get. They put a sound booth or something where our seats were supposed to be, so they moved us down to the front, right at the stage. People are morons, so they all decided to stand on their folding seats for the whole concert. One drunk even tried to stand on the back of a folding chair. He took out the whole row when he went down as they were all zip tied together. Speaking of zip tied, I went to the riot that started that whole trend in Toronto.

In my teens & early twenties, we used to hang out in Rock bars, but never went for the band, just the atmosphere.

There's some decent indie type small venues in Toronto though, same with Montreal. I remember ducking into a smokey Montreal dive bar once and they had a live band on...called it Kletzma type music or something that I'd never heard of but it was pretty awesome. Even Kingston isn't too bad considering years ago all you'd get in various bars were variations on diddly diddly music.

Local live is the way to go, just need to know where to go; once a group hits stadium status I'm usually done with seeing them in the flesh

Back
Top Bottom