Bots keep buying all the concert tickets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bots keep buying all the concert tickets

Heard that this morning on Boom.
When Prince came to Toronto the last time (RIP) you could only purchase 2 tix and the cardholder and the card used had to be present at the concert, or you weren't getting in. I know this may cause some issues, but would solve many others, including the bots.

Sent from the Purple Zone

I filled in the survey but there wasn't an option to make resellers illegal. I don't think resellers perform any function at all as there was an original outlet, the original seller. If you allow resellers to ply their trade then they will always accumulate product (tickets) for sale at a higher price thus real fans will get the shaft every time. Tickets not intended to be used by the purchaser should be returned to the seller for resale at face value or those tickets found to be up for sale at a higher price should be cancelled and reissued.

I get supply and demand economics but by hoarding tickets the resellers create artificially reduced supply streams.

I filled in the survey but there wasn't an option to make resellers illegal. I don't think resellers perform any function at all as there was an original outlet, the original seller. If you allow resellers to ply their trade then they will always accumulate product (tickets) for sale at a higher price thus real fans will get the shaft every time. Tickets not intended to be used by the purchaser should be returned to the seller for resale at face value or those tickets found to be up for sale at a higher price should be cancelled and reissued.

I get supply and demand economics but by hoarding tickets the resellers create artificially reduced supply streams.

and who owns the resellers (companies)
or the seller likes it that way because it's guaranteed income for them and low to no risk

it's such an obvious scam and the govt goes along with it....hmmm...collecting more taxes on $1k ticket than a $100 ticket

and who owns the resellers (companies)
or the seller likes it that way because it's guaranteed income for them and low to no risk

it's such an obvious scam and the govt goes along with it....hmmm...collecting more taxes on $1k ticket than a $100 ticket

exactly...just outlaw resellers period. Bands don't get anything extra from a resold ticket, fans lose out on being able to buy that ticket at the original price. Resellers are parasites. Kill them all.

Consumers don't realize how much power they have... The gov't can't save you.
If people just stopped buying you'd see prices drop through the floor, but no... People will still line up like suckers to pay through the nose to see some ****** sing and dance.

This is a futile fight. There's no way of stopping the re-sale of tickets.
Yeah, I don't like it but I'm not going to waste my time.

BTW, few years ago I purchased 2 tickets to a concert in ACC (was Rammstein) then I proceeded to break my ankle. Couldn't attend, gave the ticket away. So if they pulled the same stunt as Prince then nobody would've gone (as opposed to my friend and his friend).

. People will still line up like suckers to pay through the nose to see some ****** sing and dance.

Same type of people that will line up for the latest out dated iPhone..... :lmao:

This unfortunately will never change because frankly there's too much money to be made. The re-seller companies are owned by the Ticketmasters of the world (not sure if there's much competition), and I remember reading somewhere that even the artists are in on it. This way they can blame TM for the pricing/fees/reselling etc and say 'Look we just want to put on a show'. Everyone gets paid, customer gets ****ed...simple as that. Until people stand up to it (and they won't) this type of practice will never change.

I had a ticket years ago for a sold out show for Sufjan Stevens because my BIL and sister both got sick. Posted it for sale for face value...I had emails from people trying to get it at 11pm as the show was finishing up offering more. Sold it for face within 10min of posting it, had a beer with the person I sold it to, and had a great time. But that's not the way it goes anymore.

I must be getting old... The whole idea of going to a big show in the city just doesn't appeal.
Maybe I'm cheap too, but there just doesn't seem to be any "value for money" with these things anymore (if there ever was).
'Last concert I went to was Roger Waters at the ACC and only because I was too young to go see "The Wall" first time 'round and it was my buddy who got the tickets somehow.
That and I've always been a huge Pink Floyd fan. 'Too bad Barrett/Wright are dead and Waters/Gilmour don't talk to each other any more.

Here's an idea: stop buying them?

I'm headed to the states in a week or so. Same concert, same bands, over $25 cheaper (including exchange) to see them in the states. $49USD vs $89CDN.

Ticket prices are outrageous to see someone in a big venue. Who the heck wants to pay $100 for a show?

Small bands, small venues. Mahones are playing the Horseshoe on the 18th, think tickets are about $15. Perfect.

that's like telling teens don't have sex
or ppl that go to the Leafs games to stop going

lol

I'm going to get flak for this but I flip electronics (I'm going to look into tickets now lol). Great examples are the Wii and PS3 going for 300% the MSRP during launch due to Nintendo and Sony ****ing up supply. Nvidia is also great for this as the manufacturers still see Canada as an after thought and always short stock us. Most recent, the Geforce 1070 sold for 133%-155% than the MSRP (this is a $600 gfx card that went for almost $1000 when flipped.)

The entire idea of flipping only works because people who are really rich, or really stupid, don't want to wait for a restock. Otherwise, I'd be left with deadweights where I have to sell for a loss and so would the ticket scalpers.

油井緋色;2480392 said:
I'm going to get flak for this but I flip electronics (I'm going to look into tickets now lol). Great examples are the Wii and PS3 going for 300% the MSRP during launch due to Nintendo and Sony ****ing up supply. Nvidia is also great for this as the manufacturers still see Canada as an after thought and always short stock us. Most recent, the Geforce 1070 sold for 133%-155% than the MSRP (this is a $600 gfx card that went for almost $1000 when flipped.)

The entire idea of flipping only works because people who are really rich, or really stupid, don't want to wait for a restock. Otherwise, I'd be left with deadweights where I have to sell for a loss and so would the ticket scalpers.

I'm sure you made some money on the new NES Classic than! I had a guy offer me one for $120 but just couldn't trust someone dropping the price so quick from 160 - 140 - 120 without me even asking...damn this lack of trust in humanity and Kijiji....

People must be loaded to pay $100 for 1.5 hrs of entertainment. Unless I make that in income I'm not going

This is a futile fight. There's no way of stopping the re-sale of tickets.
Yeah, I don't like it but I'm not going to waste my time.

BTW, few years ago I purchased 2 tickets to a concert in ACC (was Rammstein) then I proceeded to break my ankle. Couldn't attend, gave the ticket away. So if they pulled the same stunt as Prince then nobody would've gone (as opposed to my friend and his friend).
I thought of that however imho the pros outweigh the cons.

I'm sure you made some money on the new NES Classic than! I had a guy offer me one for $120 but just couldn't trust someone dropping the price so quick from 160 - 140 - 120 without me even asking...damn this lack of trust in humanity and Kijiji....
You find me a genuine NES classic I'll drop $120 np. Damn scarce. Just picked up the Switch. Got it in preorder. Tempted to flip for profit, but, y'know, the kid.
And @rockerguy $100 for a concert ? I'm glad I usually win my way in. Last concert cost me 2x that. I blame that on Live Nation.

You find me a genuine NES classic I'll drop $120 np. Damn scarce. Just picked up the Switch. Got it in preorder. Tempted to flip for profit, but, y'know, the kid.
And @rockerguy $100 for a concert ? I'm glad I usually win my way in. Last concert cost me 2x that. I blame that on Live Nation.

Last time I went to a concert. It only cost me about $25. But that was at Rama & they weren't hot at the time

Back
Top Bottom