Exhaust TOO loud? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Exhaust TOO loud?

Well you are going to attract attention and it's not going to get you any more performance so it's down to what sounds best to you.

I did it (full muzzy on a 600). Regretted it within a year just because you draw so much attention.

Chacun son goût

Last edited:
Whatever you choose just make sure to verify authenticity. Word has it people are making fake cans. I mean the cans are real but the labels are fake. Well actually the labels aren't fake either but they don't belong on that can. Or set of cans as the case may be. I don't know about sag. That's for suspension I think.

Whatever you choose just make sure to verify authenticity. Word has it people are making fake cans. I mean the cans are real but the labels are fake. Well actually the labels aren't fake either but they don't belong on that can. Or set of cans as the case may be. I don't know about sag. That's for suspension I think.

I see what you did there....lol

hopefully the can he buys will be from a reputable source, or from someone who can prove it's legit...

Loud pipes save lives
Stay away from saggy cans

Sent from the Purple Zone

Love the Hindle on my bike. Still louder than stock even with ear plugs. But at least not as loud or obnoxious as some others. Problem is it makes me go faster and I hold the revs longer.

On a 300, it's up to you. Keep the stock one and swap back on at resale time and sell the pipe separately....won't loose as much on it that way.

OP - do what you want, don't listen to anyone else

to answer your question, yes it will get you more attention, wanted and unwanted

Yeah, most of these guys are *****. Not to say that I'm not... but sweet Jesus... Way to turn people off.

Now, I don't know about those exhausts you listed OP, but I've been using Delkevic for my last 3 bikes and they have a good range of solutions that allow you to pick something that has a good tone but is still somewhat subtle.

Don't listen to the crotchety old farts above. An expensive, loud pipe is going to get you laid. First thing women notice in men is the label on their slip-on. Do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This cat is right.

Slip it on before you slip it in.

Any company that uses this slogan owes me $.

You guys are making it too complicated for the OP. Simply apply the cafe test!

It's a sunny Saturday in April and you swing by Il Gato Nero on College for an early morning espresso (or cappuccino, no judging). There's a copy of the The Globe & Mail under your arm (or Toronto Sun, no judging). Settling into a patio chair--even if it's a bit chilly because that's how you roll--the server takes and brings your order. She, or maybe he (Toronto is diverse, get over it) has a cute smile. A biscotto is tucked alongside the saucer. "Free of charge, if you buy me a drink later." Before you can answer, someone starts up their motorcycle. It's parked on the street, only a few feet away.

Maybe it's a cruiser, maybe it's a sportbike. I'm pretty sure the brand isn't important but GTAMers get whipped up by that kind of thing, so let's say it's the new Triumph Street Triple. Extra points for being a vlogger. Here comes the skill testing question: How does your possible date react to the "music"? We all kid ourselves that these things are *not at all obnoxious* but only the dullest spoons in the drawer really think that (boy is that ever judging). So how does it sound?

A) The server mistakes the exhaust noise for the purr of your jungle-cat like magnetism. You smoothly reply: "When do you get off, babe?" It's going to be a good Saturday.

B) The server scowls at the loud, tinny interruption. Turning on their heel, they leave muttering something distinctly hostile towards motorcyclists. Now your evening is clear for arguing on GTAM.

SO, OP. Which one is it? A) or B)? Do you like quality companionship and the finer things in life? Or do you prefer posting on the forum while sipping stale beer? Remember folks, no judging. Many thanks to my mentor, Inreb, for proofreading.

Have you looked into the Coffman slip on's? they sound pretty decent on the Ninja 300. It will only run you $300-$350 also.

I think most aftermarket exhausts ruin a perfectly good motorcycle and make the public hate us more. They do usually LOOK nicer than stock, though.

No exhaust on the ninja 300 is too loud, only thing would be straightpiped.
I have a mussari on mine with no baffle, and although it sounds loud to you, it really isnt.
Riding beside friends in their cars have always told me they are barely able to hear me, cruising around 8k rpm..

So no, it is not too loud. If you ever do see a cop, lower your rpms

Please don't waste your money on an exhaust on a 300.. I bought a ninja 250 as my starter bike that came with a Yoshi exhaust. In the beginning I didn't know anything about the different types of engine sounds so I didn't really notice. But after a few months, anything other than an inline 4 sounds like ****. No use in making it louder. Personally I'd run with a stock exhaust If I was gonna ride a 250/300 again.

And people seem to think that people turning their heads and looking at you means they're admiring your bike. Sometimes its just because your bike is just loud and obnoxious.

Well you are going to attract attention and it's not going to get you any more performance so it's down to what sounds best to you.

I did it (full muzzy on a 600). Regretted it within a year just because you draw so much attention.

Chacun son goût

Nothing wrong with drawing attention, that keeps us alive. My R6 is loud, cars notice me even when I'm barely moving. I'd rather have that attention, than be not noticed at all.

Mmmmmkay. You keep relying on noise "to keep us alive".

I don't pander to that train of thought though. Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise, I won't change my mind.

Only reason I'd switch out an exhaust is for the performance. A slip on won't give you that

weight reduction is a great way to improve performance. and a slip-on just way lighter than OEM.

meanwhile, It is easy that too focused on exhaust systems. forgetting upgrade intake.

BMC or K&N air filter is damn important,
even not getting an aftermarket exhaust.

Edit: SC Project has an open exhaust can(means never considered noise reduction when designing it), called CR-T. IT IS ABSOLUTELY LOUD AND SUPERB. The only problem is not road legal.
https://www.motostarz.ca/brands/sc-project-exhaust.html

Last edited:
Not gonna reduce that much weight by replacing an exhaust.
Even at 10lbs less let's say that would be about 2% of the total bike-plus-rider weight.
You are simply not going to notice any difference (at least not on that bike in street riding scenario).

Cheapest way to eliminate some weight is to get the rider in good shape. ;) I know I could use a 20lbs reduction.

weight reduction is a great way to improve performance. and a slip-on just way lighter than OEM.

meanwhile, It is easy that too focused on exhaust systems. forgetting upgrade intake.

BMC or K&N air filter is damn important,
even not getting an aftermarket exhaust.

Edit: SC Project has an open exhaust can(means never considered noise reduction when designing it), called CR-T. IT IS ABSOLUTELY LOUD AND SUPERB. The only problem is not road legal.
https://www.motostarz.ca/brands/sc-project-exhaust.html

The description of that exhaust is awesome!

Adding an exhaust can, or aftermarket intake is all just lipstick on a pig. Waste of your hard earned dollars. The performance gains are zero on a 250cc. Treat the bike as what it is, a trainer for a more powerful bike. I love custom as much as the next guy, but in this situation, you'd be better off with swapping out the mirrors for smaller, more aero mirrors, or just going to the gym and losing 10lbs, for better bike performance. A farther can is only going to add noise.

Back
Top Bottom