Exhaust TOO loud? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Exhaust TOO loud?

Paulee

Hey guys,

Looking into different exhausts for my ninja 300. Really like the Yoshi r77 and MGP2 exhaust that hot bodies makes but Im wondering if the mgp is too loud and will get a lot of extra attention from the cops. Anyone have experience with these?

Oh and I do mostly city commuting.

Thanks!

"I'M OVER HERE AND I'M PROBABLY SPEEDING"

Of course it will garner attention.

I hear a clothes peg and a playing card on the spokes are cool ..:rolleyes:

what are you going to do when electrics come around ....make vroom vroom noises.?

Yeah I'm with meme on this one. A small twin will sound crappy and attract unwanted attention. Save your money for your next bike or something to make your life easier not more difficult. Top of mind would be heated grips, better set of tires, usb outlet or 12V plug etc.

Any particular reason you want a modified exhaust?

+1 to all the above. It'll sound terrible and annoy everyone around you (including other riders). Think "fart can on civic".

Hey guys,

Looking into different exhausts for my ninja 300. Really like the Yoshi r77 and MGP2 exhaust that hot bodies makes but Im wondering if the mgp is too loud and will get a lot of extra attention from the cops. Anyone have experience with these?

Oh and I do mostly city commuting.

Thanks!

No, thank you! Did you enjoy the taste of your first coffee, beer, muff? The noise of a whiny 2 banger is an acquired taste. Time to man up with a fart can. Come for the sound, enjoy the smell.

If you like it. Go for it. It's your money and you only live once.

For myself. I would do as some others have suggested, if your planning on getting a larger bike in the future then put the funds there instead. I would only put a pipe on a 600 or greater.

Yeah I'm with meme on this one. A small twin will sound crappy and attract unwanted attention. Save your money for your next bike or something to make your life easier not more difficult. Top of mind would be heated grips, better set of tires, usb outlet or 12V plug etc.

Any particular reason you want a modified exhaust?

With insurance on sport bikes as high as it is here in Toronto, I planned on keeping the 300 for at least 2-3yrs so I figured it would be nice to upgrade it a bit. The current exhaust sounds like an overheating computer :/

If you like it. Go for it. It's your money and you only live once.

For myself. I would do as some others have suggested, if your planning on getting a larger bike in the future then put the funds there instead. I would only put a pipe on a 600 or greater.

I definitely realize spending money on a 600 which I eventually do want to upgrade to would make more sense but I planned on keeping the 300 for 2-3yrs so I dont mind spending a little money on it to make myself more content with it

and annoy others.....brilliant ....take a track course with the money.

The current exhaust sounds like an overheating computer :/

what do you care ....you do wear earplugs of course. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you want an exhaust get one don't worry what people have to say. You can always sell it separately later on if you upgrade bikes.

Given the choices I would run the Yosh. Personally I think it looks better between the two and the big thing is it has a "tuned" sound whereas to me the hotbodies just sounds unmuffled. I'm basing that off of YouTube videos but also feel Yosh would spend some time developing the pipe.

The question was whether it would attract attention because it's going to be louder. Yes is the answer. I think we all know the poster wants it.

Slip on or full exhaust Paulee?

If you want an exhaust get one don't worry what people have to say. You can always sell it separately later on if you upgrade bikes. Given the choices I would run the Yosh. Personally I think it looks better between the two and the big thing is it has a "tuned" sound whereas to me the hotbodies just sounds unmuffled. I'm basing that off of YouTube videos but also feel Yosh would spend some time developing the pipe.
I think the Yosh is probably the way to go as well, not overly loud but still produces some great notes compared to stock.

Back
Top Bottom