Exhaust TOO loud? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Exhaust TOO loud?

LOL what? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'll let you believe that ;)

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/stop-saying-loud-pipes-save-lives

[/QUOTE]"Let's start with some basic physics and a little rationality. Your exhaust is pointed backwards and by the nature of you traveling forward, you're actually leaving the sound behind you as you move forward. If that concept is confusing, think of the sound of a fire truck passing you with its siren blaring. The siren is pointed forward because the purpose is to warn driver’s the truck is approaching from behind. The next time you hear one coming, notice that it’s louder when it’s coming toward you than when it’s going away."[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
[video=youtube;RXxlfoeDql4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXxlfoeDql4[/video]

Humans evolved the ability to hear certain frequencies, to help us "detect predictors". The unconscious ability to hear a loud sound approaching from any direction, and the human ability to detect the direction of that sound are traits you cannot deny having (unless hearing impaired). A motorcycle exhaust is just another sound your ears pick up and send signals to your brain that there is a "thing" coming from "there". :rolleyes:

It's been discussed to death before and I should have started with "I believe"...I stated about 10 lbs thus the slight performance improvement would only come from weight loss. It doesn't add horsepower, only reduces weight and usually increases noise.

I'm not here to argue one way or the other.

In my first post I answered the question. I've stated what I think about slip ons (not enough value for me) and that I don't or won't believe that loud pipes make any difference in safety.

I was not looking for an argument, just why it would not increase performance, of all the stuff I have read it does, but I am only going by what I have read....

I will do more research, Thanks

The weight savings may improve performance, but not enough to make a difference. Want more weight savings? Go on a diet. For real performance improvement, get a full exhaust and tune it...not gonna happen with a slip on.

I have a carbon Hindle, I like the sound and it's not too loud....but louder than stock. Got it that way, I didn't go out and get it. Not counting on it as a safety measure.

The weight savings may improve performance, but not enough to make a difference. Want more weight savings? Go on a diet. For real performance improvement, get a full exhaust and tune it...not gonna happen with a slip on.

I have a carbon Hindle, I like the sound and it's not too loud....but louder than stock. Got it that way, I didn't go out and get it. Not counting on it as a safety measure.

Depends on bike of course. These new euro4 cans are going to be HEAVY. If mine saves 9lbs I assume the new one may be close to 14-15lbs. Also, on my gen V4 at least, a slipon and tune will gain nearly as much as a full system in terms of power. of the 10ish hp avalible, I think the $4500 full Ti system accounts for 3.. not great returns. Paging @shamen lol

Back
Top Bottom