Another tire thread, yes, I know......... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another tire thread, yes, I know.........

Thanks Jeff & AF4iK,
That's great information & is appreciated.
I'm going to try the new Michelin Power RS tires initially - its a brand new tire & there are not many reviews about but from what I've seen the reviews are very, very good so I'll try them initially.
*SNIP*
Hopefully TMP will have their usual April 29th/30th track day to kick off 2017 - I know there is track day at GBM that same weekend but its for the SOAR guys & gals, their practice weekend.

Bridgestone RS10's have been around longer, and have tons of reviews on them, as well as suggestions of how to adjust tire PSI/Suspension to get their best performance. Might be easier to sort things out with prior knowledge available on the inter web.

As for TMP - I say no way. That place kills tires... especially if you're new to a brand/model, I would avoid it. The only way I will consider going there now is if the rubber I have on my track bike is good for 1 day, or maybe a little more. Unfortunately, I don't have spare rims, as they're ridiculously expensive for my bike ($1500 is common asking price).

Champion 2000w inverters are on sale at Can Tire for $699

Food for thought, Honda and Yamaha inverters sell for much more, but also hold their resale value. I paid just over a $1000 for my EU2000 4 years ago and i could probably flip it instantly on kijiji for very little depreciation.

You know you will never get a tire up to temp in 2-3 laps and you will wear tires out faster. And if you are riding at TMP it does not build heat until you are over 15 C and no wind. Very seldom does TMP have no wind. I don't understand this advice. ANY warmer is better then no warmers. You will pay for the warmers with tire savings in your first year and be safer. Yes it is an extra cost but the benefits are well worth the investment.

You know you will never get a tire up to temp in 2-3 laps and you will wear tires out faster. And if you are riding at TMP it does not build heat until you are over 15 C and no wind. Very seldom does TMP have no wind. I don't understand this advice. ANY warmer is better then no warmers. You will pay for the warmers with tire savings in your first year and be safer. Yes it is an extra cost but the benefits are well worth the investment.
+1000....

Thanks John.

The inevitable situation is ,as you go faster ,, which is the goal of most, you can not do it with out warmers. The new style tires will not work right with out warmers. If you are using a semi street/track tire,, well yes they can be used with out warmers. But is that advice for normal street/green group riding? As you get faster and more comfortable you get over on the tire more,,so you get less rubber on the track. But,,even if you are in green group, those riders typically enter a corner slow and then mash the throttle on the exit. So you need a warmer for exit grip. A faster rider needs mid corner grip.
Is it a pain and extra cash and extra stuff and more work,,,,,of course,,,,but doing this safer from the beginning will keep you in the sport and enjoying it longer.

I'll just leave this here in case anyone is interested. Not mine, saw it on Kijiji.

Please view this ad:

BICKLE Tire Warmers,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-p...aign=socialbuttonsVIP&utm_content=app_android

Price: $*250

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
Is the price worth the risk? Im looking for a set but i was told that tire warmers doesnt last long. How do I check if its near its lifetime?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom