What would be a fair price for my bike (2003 SV650) | GTAMotorcycle.com

What would be a fair price for my bike (2003 SV650)

Racerx403

So I'm thinking of getting out of motorcycling and I don't want to end up in the stupid overly priced motorcycles thread. What I have is:

2003 SV650s 30000 kmish
-originally orange, painted black
-converted to naked with dual 5 3/4 headlights and handle bars (has all S plastics, lines, brackets, clip ons etc, probably missing a few nuts and bolts)
-triumph speed triple windscreen, seat cowl, chin spoiler, fender eliminator
-Danmoto slip on
-gel seat
-few odds and ends (lower pegs, gold levers)
-comes with extra parts (gsxr 1000 shock, intiminators for front fork, LED signals not installed)
-comes with stands, manual, alpinestars gloves
-runs excellent, tires and brakes are in good shape
-Would need at least licence plate lights for safety, likely nothing else.

It's in "good" condition, it's 14 years old and been through a few people so it's not mint, but it runs and rides great. I've made the bike into mine but it just sits in the garage. Clean title. I don't have any pics as it's still in storage.

What would be a fair price to ask?

Thanks!

Last edited:
$1,500. $2,000 if you are lucky. There are 2009 models posted for $3,000 - $3,500 which means they will sell as low as $2,500 realistically. Yours is modified and repainted, people will suspect that it was involved in an accident.

Sell that Gsxr shock separately. That's the only thing that may be worth money. Maybe the seat too if you have the original.

2-3000 sounds about right, 30000 Kms im guessing the valve service has never been done on it(by you or previous owners)

Honestly the fact that its so heavily modified isnt a good thing, one persons 'tastefully modified' is another persons nightmare.

Pics would help

Thanks guys, Here's the only pic I can find

attachment.php

Attachments

• xb17qG0.jpg
    xb17qG0.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Problem with SV, there are so many of them and they were dirt cheap brand new. Dealers always selling way below MSRP. I had the curvy and loved it. Had a Sargent seat on it, sold for $200 separetely. Sold the bike for $1,600.

Post higher, see what happens. Worse come to worse you get insulted by guys like us. ;)

Gradually drop the price until you start getting bites.

Anything worth over $50 I usually list separately.

$2500 realistically.
People are weary of mods where it was taken from an "s" to a naked.
Immediately think crash damaged as others have mentioned.
The color change would also be a negative flag.
Keep it and track it!

IMO, just about any bike that is in good mechanical and cosmetic shape that is certified should be worth $2,500 forever. In most cases when you buy a bike for less than that and then put the $$ into getting it into good running and reliable condition and everything that is needed to pass a safety you find your at $2,500 anyways.

There just has to be a point where certified vehicles are done depreciating and hold a basic amount of value otherwise there would be no point in maintaining older vehicles or trying to sell them.

Go through it with a fine tooth comb and fix stuff that it needs, like the license plate light. Degrease,clean and polish it.

I would also suggest offering to have it certified for potential buyers.

With all those mods, I would never buy this thing.
Walk away before even looking at the picture of it.

You can buy a low mileage stock and clean SV for a great price.
Why would anybody actually want these mods?

With all those mods, I would never buy this thing.
Walk away before even looking at the picture of it.

You can buy a low mileage stock and clean SV for a great price.
Why would anybody actually want these mods?

As frekeguy once told me, "the less its been worked on, the better"

Just to give you an idea of pricing. I just bought this 2005 for $2200 as is. 47K one owner from new. Only needs tires and rear pads to cert.

Nice pick up - but with tires and brakes that would certify, I think that bike could easily be worth $2800-$3000.

(I'm only interested here cuz i have a 2004 naked sv650 and I'm thinking of selling...or trading...)

It wouldn't. Tires $300. Pads are cheap. And you don't exactly get your money back when you sell a bike with brand new tires.

SV is a good, simple bike. Unfortunately due to its low MSRP and constant dealer sales it doesn't retain much value.

We are also talking about 12-13 year bikes. Not much demand for that.
Most people prefer newer unless you are getting into some vintage territory like old school HD and to a certain extent - Honda.

Last edited:
$2500 realistically.
People are weary of mods where it was taken from an "s" to a naked.
Immediately think crash damaged as others have mentioned.
The color change would also be a negative flag.
Keep it and track it!

realistically? hate to say it, but it is butt ugly modded. and most will figure its a crashed bike and redone butt ugly - even if it hasn't been crashed.

certified you might get $1600-$1800 tops.
as is? I don't want to depress you...

Back
Top Bottom