What would be a fair price for my bike (2003 SV650) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What would be a fair price for my bike (2003 SV650)

I actually went to go see that bike with a friend of mine back in December. Seemed like a nice guy but was SUPER unprepared. Despite giving him 4 days notice, he wasn't able to start the bike because the battery was dead. Would've loved to hear what it sounded like. My buddy ended up passing because he didn't like the ergonomics of it.... (we had just come back from going to see a monster 696)

Just to give you an idea of pricing. I just bought this 2005 for $2200 as is. 47K one owner from new. Only needs tires and rear pads to cert.

original 2003 for $2250
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...50/1241667311?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Then the guy on Crack I emailed him $1000 in boxes motor out with head off.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-tourin...ke/1241705328?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Rightsm.gif

That's my point. Why modify it this way.
It must have been crashed.
Would have been better to use stock more expensive parts to repair it.

realistically? hate to say it, but it is butt ugly modded. and most will figure its a crashed bike and redone butt ugly - even if it hasn't been crashed.

certified you might get $1600-$1800 tops.
as is? I don't want to depress you...

I have all the original plastics (as listed in the original post) so the bike was not crashed, just changed to how I like it. And I'm the first one to understand that it's not for everyone, much the same as I find the stock S plastics "butt ugly", motorcycles are very subjective and I like making things my own.

However I do value yours and everyone's input as it gives me a place to start. And by no means do I except it's worth a fortune, I understand "mods" (although with the exception of the exhaust everything is minor bolt on cosmetics) don't add value, I just was trying to give an accurate description of what I have. I do have the option of putting all the stock parts back on as well, I just don't know if it's worth the effort for an extra $2-300 at sale time.

Thanks again to all who replied :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom