Union Question- a business within a business that is publicly owned? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Union Question- a business within a business that is publicly owned?

I haven't worked a union gig since I was 17, and I dont miss it. Wife is in a union , RN. Shes laughs a lot about the 'guidelines' and workplace reality. If they voted out the union tomorrow I'm not sure she would care either way.

In many places the union is just a reality of having the job, I'm pleased they don't exist in my current industry, and I would actually change roles if one presented itself. I like being able to think for myself, on the days I think.

February 29th your most productive days:lmao:

never ever saw this happen huh? LMAO, you need one more "ever" in there to really make it sound convincing

You're going to have to do better than that. Show me proof of a Canadian union paying members to vote for certification.

I have been in the commercial transportation industry for over two decades now, I have worked for nonunion companies and I currently work for a union company. My life is exponentially better where I am now versus previous companies where I was treated like a piece of crap or just another number in their Rolodex, disposable at the push of a button and replaced by someone else with a pulse and a crayon. I also got sick of favoritism, i.e. the bosses newly hired son (who had no experience or time in the company) skimming all the gravy while long tendered faithful employees got handed **** instead.

Not all non union companies are like that and it would be wrong to suggest all are in general, but the bigger they are and the more power they feel they hold over their employees can breed this sort of behavior in the hands of bad management.

I have, as part of my job, being into both large nonunion facilities as well as large union facilities.

It's been both my gathered and personal opinions that employees at unionized workplaces are generally happier, enjoy fairer renumeration, are not easily abused by management or bad corporate culture (MOST importantly), and generally have a better standard of living.

Yes, the CEOs and upper management may have to do with one less luxury car, mansion, or exotic vacation as a result of their employees making a better living wage. Too bad. They still almost always do just fine regardless.

There are are no shortage of "All union employees are overpaid lazy dbags" opinions out there, but that's often a stereotype of people who are looking in from the outside and seldom based on facts. It's also been my observation that many of the same people who are amongst the biggest critics of unions tend to be amongst those who would benefit most by being part of one.

Not always, but sometimes. Again, not stereotyping the other side of things either.

And to be fair, a small sliver of unionized shops I have dealt with over the years did have legitimate problems with the union overstepping or overprotecting to the point of things becoming dysfunctional, but it IS rare. Unfortunately public perception is that it's normal, not rare.

Well said.

I have zero interest in proving anything to you, or anyone else for that matter, and they are a little smarter than sending out written offers via registered mail on their letterhead

Ah yes, the old "I'm going to make a sensationalized claim that fits my argument, but will refuse to provide any evidence whatsoever to back it up" maneuver.

Ah yes, the old "I'm going to make a sensationalized claim that fits my argument, but will refuse to provide any evidence whatsoever to back it up" maneuver.
regardless, you won't get anywhere with anti or no use for union folks,

+ it's not on topic

Last edited:

so because I cannot provide evidence that someone committed fraud it didn't happen? people don't get away with fraud every day?

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...d-with-fraud-laundering-after-rcmp-probe.html

here you go, union officials charged with fraud...........how many more do you think committed fraud or other crimes but were either smarter or luckier than these guys and didn't get caught?

you love your union? good for you, but maybe you just didn't find out how you are getting ****ed yet

so because I cannot provide evidence that someone committed fraud it didn't happen?

Well...uh, yeah, generally I like people to be able to back up claims with actual evidence, especially when they're sensational ones.

And you've gone red-herring on the discussion - we were not talking fraud, you specifically stated vote buying.

Well...uh, yeah, generally I like people to be able to back up claims with actual evidence, especially when they're sensational ones.

LMAO, so if there is no cop with a radar in sight when you are speeding, that means you are not breaking the law??? if you cheated on your taxes and you didn't get caught that is also legal?? what is I stole all the money you have stashed in you mattress but you cant prove it, does that mean a theft hasn't occurred?

You made a claim to which there is no evidence, simple.

If a union tried to buy certification votes do you honestly think that there wouldn't be at least one single anti-union person amongst those who were offered money who would run directly to the press/police with it? EVERY business that goes into a union certification drive has it's share of anti-union employees, end of story. They'd LOVE to be able to rush off with a scandal like this to scuttle the whole thing.

Are you suggesting accordingly that there's some big coverup going on as well to hide that evidence?

Or is the reality that there's no evidence of it ever happening...because it's never actually ever happened?

generally when people/ companies/ organisations commit fraud, they do not leave a business card, nor they document it, or print cash offers on company letterheads, most crimes or fraud are done in more sophisticated ways that would not incriminate the people committing it, the stupid ones get caught, the smart ones don't.

I linked an article in a previous post about union officials charged with fraud, does that not count as fraud? how is that different?

bold part?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mbroyda

Labour Unions in Canada are organizations that represent Canadian workers in their negotiations with employers. Labour unions engage in collective bargaining with employers to determine issues such as wages, the terms and conditions of work, and worker security.

you are not forming a company within a company, you are forming a worker union within a company, weather its government owned or not makes no difference

thx

but let's remember that money is involved for the union members to be in the union for the company they are already employed by

Back
Top Bottom