CAA membership for motorcycle only? | GTAMotorcycle.com

CAA membership for motorcycle only?

Ashtonator

Hey all,

I have free roadside assistant from my car dealership (for my car only) so i dont want to get the CAA Plus and pay full price which includes car and bike.

I was wondering if there's a better plan for motorcycles only? Does'nt have to be CAA.

Thanks

As far as I know, you need CAA Plus for a bike tow. Wouldn't talk to me when I needed a tow, didnt have plus.

I'm the same. Have coverage for vehicles under the manufacture.

But still get CAA plus for the bike.

Not aware of a cheaper alternative other than riding with someone that already has it?

Check with your insurance company. Some have roadside services on a reimbursement basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I know, you need CAA Plus for a bike tow. Wouldn't talk to me when I needed a tow, didnt have plus.

Thats true. Thats the one i used to get every year for both car and bike but now that i have free road side assistance for my car, i was hoping to pay less than full coverage for something i dont need.

All of Canada and the US I have used it here twice no issues.

Thanks for this thread. Recently my Esso Auto club sent out a notice that they will cease operations in August. I was just about to start looking for a replacement.

Sent from the Purple Zone

CAA and get gas at Petro and sign up for petro points.
1000 petro points = $1 off CAA membership IIRC.

That is of course, if your bike doesn't need fancy gas at Shell.

For me 35 miles in most cases will get my bike to a shop. If not I will pay the difference. What I like is it covers not just you bikes but all of the family vehicles.

Plus when you are a member they have all kinds of discounts with all kinds of companies, motel chains etc. http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Riding/Story/member-discounts

Last edited:
I have CAA plus, I know there are some cheaper options out there but I have not found any that will do the same distance CAA will cover you for. I like it because when I go on a trip or out to the middle of nowhere I don't have to worry about a $500 tow bill. Plus the free maps are pretty awesome.

CAA is by far the largest and even if the tow truck is not with them, if you send them the bill, they will most likely cover it. You can also tow any vehicle, not just your own. Technically you should be on site but they almost never care as long the membership is valid.

A lot of hotels, NAPA parts, etc. Give you a 10% discount.

35 miles (with AMA) from the middle of nowhere and then pay arm and a leg is not good for peace of mind in my opinion.

Caa membership does have discounts at hotels and services such as dry cleaning etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI if you break down in the states (PA, NY) AAA will not tow your bike if you have CAA Plus. CAA will reimburse your towing fee but you may be stuck trying to find a towing company while you're stuck on the side of the road. I checked Pennslyvania and New York AAA and they don't tow unless you have the RV option.

FYI if you break down in the states (PA, NY) AAA will not tow your bike if you have CAA Plus. CAA will reimburse your towing fee but you may be stuck trying to find a towing company while you're stuck on the side of the road. I checked Pennslyvania and New York AAA and they don't tow unless you have the RV option.

My friends bike broke down at the Hoover dam, I had caa plus and it was a fight to get AAA to cover it. At the time (2015) they said only the premier card was valid for motorcycles in the US.

My friends bike broke down at the Hoover dam, I had caa plus and it was a fight to get AAA to cover it. At the time (2015) they said only the premier card was valid for motorcycles in the US.

No need to fight. Pay for it, keep the receipt, submit it to CAA when you get back. From memory, I have done this 4-5 times without any issues from CAA.

35 miles is not enough, it won't even get you across the GTA, forget about being stuck somewhere out of town. Had a flat tire just outside of London last year, CAA towed me back to Toronto at no extra charge.

$114 per year is dirt cheap in the big picture of motorcycle ownership costs, this shouldn't be a question.

Back
Top Bottom