What Make and Model is this bike... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What Make and Model is this bike...

sorry, I'll put my 1050 tiger up against anything Japan has built in the last 20yrs and I've owned a few, dozen.

Same. Not an issue over the years with my father's well used '96, or the 1050 speedy I had. Nor did they lack anything in terms of materials/quality.

Well, the Vstroms dont break in until 100k kms so...

I'll stand by my statement

..it wont be top of the line, it wont best anyone in a race, and doesent have cutting edge tech., but who cares?...

Clearly a lot of people. Because you don't see these bikes anywhere.
Nevertheless, I concur. Let people ride whatever they wish.
However, it is also good for them to know that something is shoddy before they make an emotional purchase.

That is a Cleveland CycleWerks Heist. http://clevelandcyclewerks.com/heist-images/

You probably don't actually want one, as the build quality of these things are generally atrocious. You could try a Ryca RR-1 instead if it appeals to you

Yeah it's too bad really. I like a few of their models but all the reviews are absolute garbage and the people that run the company will harass and discredit everyone that posts a negative review of it.

I've seen a total of ONE Cleveland bike on the road, and it wasn't even on the road - it was broken down in a parking lot.

I saw one at the mechanics

He wasn't very happy with it

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

...huh. Apparently Bruce Belfer, the guy who was bidding for Buell, is involved with possibly CCW making their bikes in the US? Or something?

http://canadamotoguide.com/2017/02/10/cleveland-cyclewerks-update-3/

It's very difficult to tell, and why would it matter? A solid good running bike is what it is and the guy who owns Cleveland apparently has a reputation for being a real spinner. It's a Chinese bike, and that shouldn't matter. If you sell bikes and the thing can't do at least 30,000kms without a repair your customers won't be happy. He has the look right. It's everything else he needs to improve.

I think building them in the US would in fact have a tangible effect on their quality control

Back
Top Bottom